Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 3/20/2006 5:44:51 PM EDT
Hey Guys...I am requesting some patches to add to my collection which I display in my office at the department. If any of you have any extras lying around and would like to have your agency displayed with my collection, it would be much appreciated. Thanks!

CONTACT INFO:

Sgt. Cheshier
Noble County Sheriff's Dept.
PO Box 22, 210 S. 7th Street
Albion, IN 46701

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:19:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/20/2006 7:21:26 PM EDT by cloak-n-carbine]
Although I see that you already have a patch from my agency.....it is the version worn by "management" (that is...Commissioned Officers). I'll be sending the one worn by the "backbone of the Job".................those of us who get our hands dirty...............the "working" cop

IM me w/any questions if you wish....take care and stay safe!!!

Edited to add: Nice collection! I dig the way you've chosen to display it!

1*
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 12:07:45 AM EDT
Thanks for the compliment. I have collected these for awhile, and always wanted to frame them up real nice but didn't have any real wall space at the house, so one day I was sitting in my office looking at the bare walls and it hit me Why not frame them up and hang them here. It would add some color and excitement to the room and the other officers can enjoy them as well. I think they turned out really nice and have a nice presentation. One of my goals is to get a county Sheriff Patch from each county from my hoosier state Indiana. Of the 96, or 97 counties I think I'm about 33 or 34 short. It's been awhile since I looked at my list. Once I get all those, i'll be framing those as well. That should look really sharp because almost all of the sheriffs patches in indiana are very similar in the shape and color scheme...
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 12:49:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/21/2006 12:51:30 AM EDT by Colt_SBR]
I just sold my patch collection to a reserve officer with my department. The wife and I started collecting 30 or so years ago.

My chief doesn't hand patches out (even for replacement uniforms) but I'll see what I can do.

P.S. What is an office? I've been thrown out of four offices since becoming a supervisor. Seems someone more important than me needs the office more than I do.

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 1:30:51 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Colt_SBR:

P.S. What is an office? I've been thrown out of four offices since becoming a supervisor. Seems someone more important than me needs the office more than I do.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/Colt_SBR/57985sm.gif

It's all about pull man. I'm part of the "Brass" ! Although this office is shared by the other three Sergeants as well, and I don't spend a lot of time in here...but to check department e-mail
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 9:10:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/21/2006 9:15:33 AM EDT by cloak-n-carbine]

Originally Posted By Chesh97:
It's all about pull man. I'm part of the "Brass" ! Although this office is shared by the other three Sergeants as well, and I don't spend a lot of time in here...but to check department e-mail

Chesh97, Sergeants in your agency are commissioned? I thought it was almost universal that they were NCO's, and not "brass" (brass being Lieutenant and higher in my agency)........hope I didn't offend with my comment above , as I obviously realize that all C.O.s were, at one time or another, "grunts" in the field.....the lowly peon (sp?), standing at attention in the "rank and file" platoon of mediocrity .

BTW, I, too, have a pretty extensive patch collection (although not as vast as yours), and you've unwittingly provided me with the almost exact template to display them that I've been looking for.....thanks!
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 11:00:18 AM EDT

Originally Posted By cloak-n-carbine:
Chesh97, Sergeants in your agency are commissioned? I thought it was almost universal that they were NCO's, and not "brass" (brass being Lieutenant and higher in my agency)........hope I didn't offend with my comment above , as I obviously realize that all C.O.s were, at one time or another, "grunts" in the field.....the lowly peon (sp?), standing at attention in the "rank and file" platoon of mediocrity .

BTW, I, too, have a pretty extensive patch collection (although not as vast as yours), and you've unwittingly provided me with the almost exact template to display them that I've been looking for.....thanks!

Wow, you really know how to burst a bubble. I almost had talked myself into thinking I was actually important. You are correct, I would be classified as non-commission versus comissioned as the rank of Sergeant here is from a promotion and is not an appointed position. So If you want to be technical, yeah guess I'm not brass- (Which is a good thing) Guess I'm just "command staff". Hey, I get to approve time off...

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 11:01:46 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:43:30 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Chesh97:

Originally Posted By cloak-n-carbine:

Wow, you really know how to burst a bubble. I almost had talked myself into thinking I was actually important. You are correct, I would be classified as non-commission versus comissioned as the rank of Sergeant here is from a promotion and is not an appointed position. So If you want to be technical, yeah guess I'm not brass- (Which is a good thing) Guess I'm just "command staff". Hey, I get to approve time off...

Glad to hear that you're one of us! Be safe sarge!
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 12:53:46 AM EDT
Looks like you've already got one of ours in your collection. (Evansville PD).

Nice collection. Very nice.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 3:22:53 AM EDT
Y' want some Cdn. patches.. Or just US agencies?
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:34:46 AM EDT
IM sent....reply requested...
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:59:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/22/2006 9:01:04 PM EDT by ToyCop]
If you accept FED patches, I'll send one of mine.

ETA: Looks like you've got a USMS and an ATF one so I should be o.k.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:34:22 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Girlieman:
Y' want some Cdn. patches.. Or just US agencies?

Canadian patches are good too. I'm not really picky on just US, or just K-9 etc. Any and all to add to the collection is a positive addition. Again, thanks for the compliments to my collection and to the guys i've already been in contact with and/are sending sending patches...
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 12:19:45 PM EDT
Patch sent.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:21:53 PM EDT
Will you send one in return?
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:31:05 PM EDT
I can send you one, but I also collect, so i'd need one of yours inreturn Please IM your address to me and I will try to get it in the mail next week.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:15:28 AM EDT
You've already got the department I work for covered..

A lot of police departments do patch swaps.. If you send them one of yours, anywhere in the country, they'll send you one of theirs back. Marion County just keeps all theirs in 3 ring binders.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:31:18 AM EDT
I would like to send you one from my dept. Can we trade? I would like to get one from your dept in return? I'm starting up my own collection
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 11:50:56 PM EDT
Your address is posted, I'll get you one out. I look for a new one but I have a couple that came off of some of my older uniforms "that went in the line of duty" (nothing like a good bar fight)
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:45:52 PM EDT
Patch sent Priority Mail this afternoon (Mon. 03-27)...you should have it in a few days.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:25:36 AM EDT

Originally Posted By shortarm53:
Patch sent Priority Mail this afternoon (Mon. 03-27)...you should have it in a few days.

Thank you. Is appreciated. Should be in my mail drawer when I get back to work on Wednesday
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:03:31 PM EDT
Patches enroute.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 1:07:32 PM EDT
Tagged...Doesn't look like you have one from my agency. US Capitol Police. When I get some time this week, I'll mail you one.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 2:26:42 PM EDT

Originally Posted By BigJ491:
Tagged...Doesn't look like you have one from my agency. US Capitol Police. When I get some time this week, I'll mail you one.

How's my girl Cynthia doin?

Hopefully about to get indicted...........
Top Top