Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/16/2020 9:48:49 PM
Posted: 10/11/2007 2:25:10 PM EST
Finally!

Get them scum and traqnsport them to the moon!

Thank GOODNESS!
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Neighbors live in fear with 'Bloods' as neighbors
Dennis Wagner
The Arizona Republic
Oct. 11, 2007 09:41 AM

Shortly after dawn Thursday, up to 40 law enforcement officers, some in armored units and some wielding automatic weapons, descended on the first house in a gang raid in Casa Grande.

Police pulled two adult suspects, along with a child, from the tract home in a new residential area near Marie Lane and 10th Place. A male suspect said to a photographer, "Put that in the paper - my blood gang."

Neighbors, who declined to give names, said they had been terrified for months since the gang members moved next door.

"We tried to sell the house because of this," said one woman who had two small children.

One neighbor asked police, "Are you sure they are going to be busted? They are not going to be there any more?"

Another neighbor said he and his wife had called police repeatedly asking for action.

"It is pretty easy to figure out when they are walking around in red all they time," he said.

Then there were the pit bulls, the reckless driving and the constant drug dealing.

"On a good day you've got 30 cars going in there. No one has that many friends," the neighbor said. "We were worried about our kids."

Many neighbors have lived in fear since the Bloods moved into their formerly peaceful developments, police said. People said that the violence and gunfire "were now spreading," said Roger Vanderpool, DPS director and a resident of Casa Grande, who attended a pre-raid briefing.

The second raid was at East 1st Street and Pueblo Drive, two doors down from New Hope Baptist Church.

Using a megaphone, one officer said, "This is the police. We have a valid search warrant for your house. Follow the directions."

One man fled on foot, jumping a fence and running directly into the arms of the SWAT team. Moments later, in the patrol car, he said, "I wasn't just going to lay in bed. Instinct made me run. It looked like the U.S. Army."

Across the street on a fence was Blood Gang graffiti with other gang names and insignia.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 3:09:05 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/11/2007 3:10:08 PM EST by Cabby]

Originally Posted By justinwb:
Last time I checked its not illegal to belong to a gang.

Actually being a member of a known criminal gang is a crime in most places.

ETA: I think it is under RICO.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 3:10:39 PM EST
This country as war and I'm not talking just about the war in the middle east, but the one miles from my home.

We are under invasion folks.

Link Posted: 10/11/2007 3:12:02 PM EST
Got a better picture of that rifle?
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 3:27:24 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 3:29:11 PM EST

Originally Posted By Sylvan:
Funny how joe cool cop in all his tacticool gear can't be bothered with a helmet.
If you think its a good thing for cops to play soldier, you got some serious issues.
This over-armed police force has been brought to you by the war on drugs.

Over-armed? When going after Bloods?

Check the gang's history...

If I were involved in a raid on them I'd want full battle-rattle too....
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 3:31:25 PM EST
I live in a nice area. We had a landlord rent to a female tenet down the street, and soon after the trash moved in with her.

The US Marshalls one day chased her, I assume, boyfriend down the street in front of my house and arrested him.

He was some drug dealing fugutive.

Turns out they had a hidden camera across the street keeping an eye on the place, and got him.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 3:34:21 PM EST

Yeah...I'm sure they're just a civic-minded social club...

I second XD's ---
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 3:34:45 PM EST

I would expect you to sat something stupid like that
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 3:34:49 PM EST
Why not wait until 2am and pump the house full of fentanyl? No need for anything but SCBAs and a paddy wagon..
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 3:35:06 PM EST

Funny how joe cool cop in all his tacticool gear can't be bothered with a helmet.
If you think its a good thing for cops to play soldier, you got some serious issues.

No helmet, no eye-pro, no gloves...it's a good thing they didn't get into a real scrape. Head and eye injuries'll wake your ass up in a hurry.

+1 on the cops playing Soldier. They need to stay out of that playground.

If it's a war, we need to up the ante and give the dope dealers as much war as they can stand. Yeah, I know, Posse Comitatus and all, but I can still dream of my M1A1 ridin' dirty thoo tha hood, can't I?
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 3:36:56 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 3:40:21 PM EST

If it's not illegal to be a "crip" or a "blood", it damn well should be.

Link Posted: 10/11/2007 3:41:03 PM EST

Originally Posted By doubleclaw:

No helmet, no eye-pro, no gloves...it's a good thing they didn't get into a real scrape. Head and eye injuries'll wake your ass up in a hurry.

If it's a war, we need to up the ante and give the dope dealers as much war as they can stand. Yeah, I know, Posse Comitatus and all, but I can still dream of my M1A1 ridin' dirty thoo tha hood, can't I?

You two clowns both get the

I'm sure if he wsa wearing a helmet you'd have something wise to tell us about that. I've seen guys in much worse circumstances opting to go without the helmet.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 3:42:37 PM EST

Originally Posted By Dave_A:

Over-armed? When going after Bloods?

Check the gang's history...

If I were involved in a raid on them I'd want full battle-rattle too....

So put on a helmet.
If you aren't wearing a helmet, but you got IBA, silenced sniper rifle, and back up pistol (just in case) you look like a fruit, not a professional. Snipers on entry teams?
What will those wacky guys think of next?

I don't see where it said anything about the guy in the pic being on an entry team. Oh wait, that came out of your ass. Sorry, forgot.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 3:44:14 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 3:46:35 PM EST

Originally Posted By James23:

It is...

They are a 'criminal enterprise' under the Racketeering & Corrupt Organizations (RICO) act....

Link Posted: 10/11/2007 3:46:48 PM EST

Originally Posted By Garage-Logician:

I'm sure if he wsa wearing a helmet you'd have something wise to tell us about that. I've seen guys in much worse circumstances opting to go without the helmet.

Me too, but better a helmet than my brains spilling out on the pavement. I don't really mind the Gucci gear and all, but use common sense; why put yourself at risk when you don't have to? And for what? To look like a "real operator" in the snazzy baseball cap? Sheeit.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 3:48:26 PM EST
I see the chairborne tactical brigade has arrived. Critiquing activities they don't have the balls to do themselves.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 3:52:16 PM EST

Me too, but better a helmet than my brains spilling out on the pavement. I don't really mind the Gucci gear and all, but use common sense; why put yourself at risk when you don't have to? And for what? To look like a "real operator" in the snazzy baseball cap? Sheeit.

So is it out of the realm of possibility that he's part of a sniper/observer team? Or that maybe that was a photo-op after the operation was done. I've had my picture snapped by newsies several times after a warrant or a hostage barricade call while dressing down. The first thing I do is lose the helmet and don the ballcap.

It's just too easy for you tinfoil hat wearing, GD guys to make whatever negative assumptions you can when it comes to cops. There can't possibly be any explanation other than yours, can there?
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 4:06:37 PM EST

So is it out of the realm of possibility that he's part of a sniper/observer team? Or that maybe that was a photo-op after the operation was done. I've had my picture snapped by newsies several times after a warrant or a hostage barricade call while dressing down. The first thing I do is lose the helmet and don the ballcap.

It's just too easy for you tinfoil hat wearing, GD guys to make whatever negative assumptions you can when it comes to cops. There can't possibly be any explanation other than yours, can there?

Easy there, Killer; nowhere in any of my posts did I say I had a problem with cops.

No killer here...but I did highlight a quote of yours that might suggest at least some latent issues with cops (at least any cops carrying anything more than a revolver and doing something other than patrol work).

Good point. Let me clarify: Police work is well and good, but where do we draw the line between the kind of work you guys do and what we do in the Army? I see the police becoming increasingly militarized, and having access to force levels that I think are in excess of their mission requirements. I think there comes a point at which the general public becomes alarmed at the idea of police carrying out what amounts to military operations, with military weapons. JMHO, and no flame intended.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 4:12:41 PM EST

Joe cool cop, is still on his feet....breathing

Perhaps you would rather have had them sent in one properly uniformed officer with shiny brass tacks, starched uniform, and a a wheelgun with semi-wadcutters

Grow up. Cops are not over-armed. Take a look in your safe. Cops should be able to carry arms of the day.

Bad guys have big guns, so don't make the good guys fight with one arm tied behind their back. Next time we have a high risk warrant, I'll give you an invite to knock on the door. Don't worry about body armor or firearms.....use your command pressence and a cordial voice.

If you were on the job, you would have a different opinion, and yes me or someone like me will be watching over your community and loved ones.

Sleep tight.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 4:13:59 PM EST

Snip.

Snip.

Snip.

Snip.

Snip.

Snip.

Snip.

Good point. Let me clarify: Police work is well and good, but where do we draw the line between the kind of work you guys do and what we do in the Army? I see the police becoming increasingly militarized, and having access to force levels that I think are in excess of their mission requirements. I think there comes a point at which the general public becomes alarmed at the idea of police carrying out what amounts to military operations, with military weapons. JMHO, and no flame intended.

No flame taken, and I respect your opinion. I suspect you and I are probably closer in thought than this exchange might suggest.

I know it will be hard for the GD crowd here to believe, but tactics and procedures in LE are trending away from SWAT and back toward first responders. And it will really make GD heads spin to know that it's the SWAT community driving the change.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 4:15:38 PM EST
To the two contributers who were concerned that the officer was not wearing a helmet or eye protection or a cup;

Take a nice CLOSE look at that rifle in he is carrying. It appears to have a nice hunk of glass on the top, a bipod, and a can on the muzzle. I think the kids on the short bus can figure out that he is not a breacher, nor any part of the entry team with that little toy.

Most of the swat snipers I have met, don't wear a k-pot on their head when plying their trade. Do you wear your shooting glasses/protective eyewear whenever you take a weapon out of your vault? DO you don them at the gun shop while finger-banging the goodies on the racks?

Settle down a bit. There are pleanty of decaff brands that taste just as good as the real thing.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 4:27:17 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 4:28:30 PM EST
Why can't we just focus on the fact that the cops were taking some gang-bangers off the streets?
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 4:33:55 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 6:43:47 PM EST

Originally Posted By TOL1488:
But those poor oppressed people just need more benefits...

Link Posted: 10/11/2007 6:46:27 PM EST

Originally Posted By James23:

militias, too
And temple beth shalom. All those fucking lawyers

Link Posted: 10/11/2007 6:53:58 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/11/2007 6:56:54 PM EST by doubleclaw]

Snip.

Snip.

Snip.

Snip.

Snip.

Snip.

Snip.

No flame taken, and I respect your opinion. I suspect you and I are probably closer in thought than this exchange might suggest.

I know it will be hard for the GD crowd here to believe, but tactics and procedures in LE are trending away from SWAT and back toward first responders. And it will really make GD heads spin to know that it's the SWAT community driving the change.

We had something like that here in Hattiesburg some time back, when the police dept started putting guys out walking the blocks and talking to people. It was a good idea, and it got results because officers weren't these remote, "robocop" figures gliding by in their cars, but real human beings you could talk to. Unfortunately, such results weren't "sexy" enough for some people, who liked seeing LOADS of tactical gear and dark sunglasses, so the beat walkers got pulled back into the cruisers and everything went to hell. I'd like to see the trend you're talking about make its way down here.

ETA: I'm learning not to pay much attention to the mouth-breathers who are just looking for an excuse to bash the PD, as well as the "I'm a cop so I'm always righter than you, bitch" types. Civilized debate can be had on GD, but it takes a lot of patience...
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 6:55:49 PM EST

Originally Posted By justice23:

I would expect you to sat something stupid like that

Not a paulbot.......and your a self proclaimed JBT so you dont count. I bet if you had your way you would like to kill all of them anyways.

I think we should just section off places that they can do there thing and leave them alone, its never going to change.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 7:00:27 PM EST

Originally Posted By Johninaustin:

Originally Posted By Johninaustin:
I see the chairborne tactical brigade has arrived. Critiquing activities they don't have the balls to do themselves.

Well, considering the fact that I'd have cops up my ass for days if I tried these "activities", it's not a question of "balls", it's a question of legality.

Now that you mention it, I HAVE been a little "chairborne" since I got back from Iraq. Maybe I should gear up and go burn down some dope dealers on Edwards Street...

No, it's a question of balls. I'm quite sure your local agencies are hiring.

He's active duty...

P.S.

To be fair on the helmet thing, I don't know about the rest of the Army folks around here, but given authorization and a safe environment, the ACH comes off and the PC goes on... Helmets aren't exactly comfortable, and if it's safe to wear a PC (or ball cap/no hat in the cop's case) who wouldn't???

I can't blame the cops for doing the same thing...
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 7:12:56 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/11/2007 7:14:31 PM EST by doubleclaw]

Originally Posted By CosmicOne-Der:
To the two contributers who were concerned that the officer was not wearing a helmet or eye protection or a cup;

Take a nice CLOSE look at that rifle in he is carrying. It appears to have a nice hunk of glass on the top, a bipod, and a can on the muzzle. I think the kids on the short bus can figure out that he is not a breacher, nor any part of the entry team with that little toy.

Most of the swat snipers I have met, don't wear a k-pot on their head when plying their trade. Do you wear your shooting glasses/protective eyewear whenever you take a weapon out of your vault? DO you don them at the gun shop while finger-banging the goodies on the racks?

Settle down a bit. There are pleanty of decaff brands that taste just as good as the real thing.

I might have to try that sometime, maybe around Hallowe'en. I can low crawl into Gander Mountain in FBR, do a 3-5 second rush to the guns section, then do a combat roll to the racks with the AR's. I wonder how long it would take before HPD showed up? And how I would be able to avoid having the SGM whip the shit outta me when he heard about it?...
Top Top