Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/25/2002 6:41:05 AM EDT
[url]http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/722120/posts[/url]
A national police group is asking the U.S. Justice Department to investigate televised remarks made by an Oklahoma
City man after a videotaped beating by police of a suspect. Steve Young, national president of the Fraternal Order
of Police, called for a federal investigation into comments by Sean Baker that, Young says, advocate violence
against police officers.

Baker, a member of the Oklahoma City chapter of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, made the remarks
after two police officers were caught on videotape striking Donald R. Pete more than two dozen times during an arrest.

At a news conference after the videotape was shown, Baker said: "It's getting to the point now where the community is outraged and
beginning to think they have to take to the streets and begin retaliating. Of course, we don't want that to happen, but I think the only
message the police officers will understand is when they have to start passing flags to the wives and paying some death benefits.
Nothing else has worked."
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 7:15:37 AM EDT
[#1]
More whining by the <15% of the population that commits >60% of all crime!

I get so sick of this crying race everytime!  A white man gets his butt kicked and it is a criminal getting what he deserves.  When a black man gets it then they cry "racial discrimination".  The outcry is ten times worse if the cop is white.  When Black Americans say ENOUGH and try to weed the criminals out of their midst and stop supporting the worthless scum maybe they will eliminate this crap.  Racial harmony and mutual respect can never come about until this crap stops.  Why in the world black people support these tactics I will NEVER understand, in light of the fact that much black crime is against other blacks.

Not to say I support police misconduct because I don't.  I feel the cops need to be held to a high standard.  Sounds to me like this jackass "leader" (ha!) wants a race war.  What an idiot!
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 7:52:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
More whining by the <15% of the population that commits >60% of all crime!.............

I get so sick of this crying race everytime!   Why in the world black people support these tactics I will NEVER understand, in light of the fact that much black crime is against other blacks.
View Quote

Because it's SO much easier being a victim....
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 8:18:20 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't want to use the now over-used word "terrorist", but what else do you call someone advocating the murder of police officers to further their cause? Further more, how does a mild beating(they didn't even have him on the ground) get equated with "death benefits" and "passing flags to the wives"? If the NAACP wants to be taken seriously, it has to weed out assholes like this guy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top