Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Link Posted: 8/15/2007 8:00:13 PM EDT
I wonder if it's a real construction zone, or if they set it all up.

I drive faster than most, but I always slow down for construction zones.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 8:02:22 PM EDT
I love knocking over there cones in the middle of the night...
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 8:03:07 PM EDT
That's cheating. They should have to catch me fair and square.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 8:05:02 PM EDT
if they have to hide to catch speeders thats a sign of desperation.
solution...laser jammer and a good radar detector
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 8:05:15 PM EDT
Considering the number of road construction workers that have been killed around here lately I am all for it.

SLOW THE HELL DOWN IN THE CONSTRUCTION ZONES!

Some poor sap earning a living doesn't need to get killed because someone else was in a hurry.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 8:06:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/15/2007 8:07:04 PM EDT by par0thead151]

Originally Posted By packinheavy:
Considering the number of road construction workers that have been killed around here lately I am all for it.

Some poor sap earning a living doesn't need to get killed because someone else was in a hurry.
edited to add. i slow down in construction zones, if not for me and my vehicles saftey, but also for those who are working in said zones.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 8:07:38 PM EDT

Originally Posted By par0thead151:

Originally Posted By packinheavy:

edited to add. i slow down in construction zones, if not for my and my vehicles saftey, but also for those who are working there.

I believe you. Most of us speed at some time or another. That is just one of the worst places to do it.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 8:08:06 PM EDT
I saw this in Hawaii about 5 or 6 years ago.

It appeared to be actual construction, but there were a couple "workers" with orange vests, hardhats, and radar guns.

The king must have his taxes.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 8:10:58 PM EDT
if it is a fake construction zone, i wonder if they issue a ticket for double the fine like they do in real work zones.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 8:12:35 PM EDT

Originally Posted By par0thead151:
if it is a fake construction zone, i wonder if they issue a ticket for double the fine like they do in real work zones.

I don't see how they could and make it stick in court. But most people would probably just pay the fine and not fight it. I think most construction zone tickets around here are "must appear" tickets.
Top Top