Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2018 11:06:03 PM EDT
Pointless group
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 11:06:32 AM EDT
[#1]
You carry a prybar on your vest?  Seriously?
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 1:01:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Currently unavailable.
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 1:53:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Carry a shove knife and a piece of weed wacker cord. If I can’t get in with that I’ll use the halligan and sledge. This is cool but I’m skeptical.....
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 3:11:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote
My guess is your one of those that sit in the car eating donuts and MCDonalds all day instead of conducting searches on probationers and parolees or writing SW’s huh. And yes I do carry a pry bar on my vest, Im not going to use my $200 knife and break the tip off.
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 3:17:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Carry a shove knife and a piece of weed wacker cord. If I can't get in with that I'll use the halligan and sledge. This is cool but I'm skeptical.....
View Quote
Of course. I'm not gonna Breach a door with this thing, but it does come in handy for small tweaker safe or single bar home depot security screen doors with a cheap frame.  If its a sunburst or double bar of course Im going to take the hooly and ram up with me.

Just for info tho there legit products made by Phase 5

you wouldn't be shilling for the company would you? <<striker>>
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 3:47:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I bet I would break that in less than 60 seconds. 

When you are going to do a job, buy the right tool.
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 3:56:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I bet I would break that in less than 60 seconds. 

When you are going to do a job, buy the right tool.
View Quote
Hahahhaha I’m sure you would, im 6-1 250lb  in the gym 2 hrs a day for the last 25 years and have yet to break mine..  only person who would break one of these is an idiot who brought the wrong tool for the wrong job in the first place. But you stick with it little buddy.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 7:26:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Arrestees can’t take knives to jail with them and they generally get tossed away. You just found your pry knife.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 10:45:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
My guess is your one of those that sit in the car eating donuts and MCDonalds all day instead of conducting searches on probationers and parolees or writing SW’s huh. And yes I do carry a pry bar on my vest, Im not going to use my $200 knife and break the tip off.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You are so cute.  Explain to me why you are breaking into locked containers is such exigent circumstances that you cannot go out to the car for the toolbox. .  I have used it to pry security screen doors, door locks, open glove boxes, center consoles etc. I amazed by this little tool and just thought I would share it with fellow LE’s on this site.

True, you don't use a knife to pry stuff. But having a prybar on your everyday uniform just screams "poser".  Raid vest?  Sure. I can see that although I've never seen anyone do it.

Now, to the tool itself that you are so "amazed" by . It's what painters use to open paint cans and remove wood trim.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 11:37:04 AM EDT
[#10]
I swear I thought this was a Tayous1 thread.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 11:43:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
Does have that certain something doesn't it?

For the record, Phase 5 is a legit company in CA.  The usual LE tactical stuff. It's the OP I'm curious about.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 11:48:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
Did Gecko45 have a son?
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 12:09:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 12:23:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
Nope! This is not a Tayous 1 thread! It sure looks like one! But I'm sure it's not one! I can tell by the lack of !!!! in the thread.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 12:47:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 1:22:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Stanley makes a mini pry bar / nail puller. It's about $8 at most hardware stores.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 1:23:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Nope! This is not a Tayous 1 thread! It sure looks like one! But I'm sure it's not one! I can tell by the lack of !!!! in the thread.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 2:56:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Meh, Countycomm has offered the breacher bar for like a decade.  

https://countycomm.com/collections/view-all-tool-products/products/eod-robotics-breacher-bar
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 3:07:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
I thought this too.  Not enough random !  Also he capitalized the first letter of each sentence properly.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 7:16:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Stanley makes a mini pry bar / nail puller. It's about $8 at most hardware stores.
View Quote
I have one and it works well.
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 5:16:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 8:49:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
HA!

J-
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 9:19:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Hahahhaha I’m sure you would, im 6-1 250lb  in the gym 2 hrs a day for the last 25 years and have yet to break mine..  only person who would break one of these is an idiot who brought the wrong tool for the wrong job in the first place. But you stick with it little buddy.
View Quote
Is your mother a truck driver with bad knees by chance?
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 3:04:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

You are so cute.  Explain to me why you are breaking into locked containers is such exigent circumstances that you cannot go out to the car for the toolbox. .  I have used it to pry security screen doors, door locks, open glove boxes, center consoles etc. I amazed by this little tool and just thought I would share it with fellow LE's on this site.

True, you don't use a knife to pry stuff. But having a prybar on your everyday uniform just screams "poser".  Raid vest?  Sure. I can see that although I've never seen anyone do it.

Now, to the tool itself that you are so "amazed" by . It's what painters use to open paint cans and remove wood trim.
View Quote
This is what I bought about five years ago:

I *really* wanted to incorporate it onto my gunbelt. I like to be ready for stuff, and I don't like having to 'go back out'.

It lives in a bag in the trunk of my car. I just. couldn't. do. it. lol If I ever get to wear an external tactical carrier (you know, with pockets), I might stick it in a pocket. Sure as fuck ain't handing anyone my leatherman or my folder to 'I just need to open something; I'll bring it right back' LOL

(I also don't get patrol dogs that carry ka-bar style fixed blades on their belt, either, for the record)
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 4:29:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Meh, Countycomm has offered the breacher bar for like a decade.  

https://countycomm.com/collections/view-all-tool-products/products/eod-robotics-breacher-bar
View Quote
I have 2 of them and they are great. (Just not on my vest).
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 6:56:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Or try a Hoffner Beast. I have the smaller Hoffner knife, the Hand Spear, and you can pry with the blade all day long and cut shit when needed...  You could probably replace a pry bar, knife, and ASP with it lol.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 9:04:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Someone explain the weed wacker cord.  We have K, R, and A tool.  I prefer a putty knofe
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 11:41:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Someone explain the weed wacker cord.  We have K, R, and A tool.  I prefer a putty knofe
View Quote
For popping certain styles of latched swingout man doors. Also does a number on gates with man doors that have a crash bar to get out
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 11:55:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
@lafmedic1

Its thick strong and already has a natural bend to it.  It defeats certain latches.

http://www.vententersearch.com/take-this-door-and-shove-it/
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 3:33:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I have 2 of them and they are great. (Just not on my vest).
View Quote
I had one on my old bail out bag, but the regular size breacher bar is pretty substantial.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 11:28:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

You are so cute.  Explain to me why you are breaking into locked containers is such exigent circumstances that you cannot go out to the car for the toolbox. .  I have used it to pry security screen doors, door locks, open glove boxes, center consoles etc. I amazed by this little tool and just thought I would share it with fellow LE’s on this site.

View Quote
Yes, on a raid vest as thats my daily work attire. I was under the impression this was an LE page and thought I would share. However after this post it seems just a bunch of CPU clowns with several thousand posts, zero feedback on gear and nothing better to do with their time than throw out meaningless CPU monikers that have absolutely no meaning to those of us with lives outside this forum!! Enjoy gents first and last thread in this clown car!!
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 1:56:26 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 3:48:10 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Yes, on a raid vest as thats my daily work attire. I was under the impression this was an LE page and thought I would share. However after this post it seems just a bunch of CPU clowns with several thousand posts, zero feedback on gear and nothing better to do with their time than throw out meaningless CPU monikers that have absolutely no meaning to those of us with lives outside this forum!! Enjoy gents first and last thread in this clown car!!
View Quote
Damn almost positive its at Tayous thread now.

J-
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 6:43:07 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Damn almost positive its at Tayous thread now.

J-
View Quote
Why? Did the OP get fired?
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 8:31:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Why? Did the OP get fired?
View Quote

Blawhahahah

J-
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 10:50:27 PM EDT
[#36]
How did I miss this thread??
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top