Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/27/2004 11:55:49 AM EST
Title says it all. I'm thinking about carrying a voice activated DVR on duty and looking for any recommendations.

Thanks,
Brian
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 2:21:47 PM EST
Howdy I carry my micro cassette recorder just in case I need to do a verbal statement or have a CYA conversation with someone. I know they are big but if you have one allready I think I would stick with it. The digital ones are nice but if you have a conversation on it for something on the job or use it on the job they can suopoena it, just like your notebook and even if the notes or conversation taht was originally on the tape no longer or on or in it. So if you chose to do it don't get an expensive one since you may not have it for a while. With tapes you can just take it out and put in a new one. You could transfer it to a tape after the fact but have fun in court explaining that one. Just some of the questions I had to ask myself when I was looking at them and talked myself out of it. Be safe, RnR
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 11:56:24 AM EST

Originally Posted By brian4wd:
Title says it all. I'm thinking about carrying a voice activated DVR on duty and looking for any recommendations.

Thanks,
Brian

Olympus VN-3600 is what I have. It is very small and concealable. You can also get a "spy" microphone from Radio Shack for it.

Steve
Top Top