Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/10/2004 8:27:22 AM EDT
I'm putting in a drain bed next week on a weekend property I have up north. I haven't been able to find Distribution-boxes and I have been told they are old-school, and to use 4" DWV to make a manifold instead.

I found that a couple of cleanout tees (not sanitary tees) and a couple of ells looks like it will function properly, with some solid DWV coming off to make stubs for the three branches of drain tile.

But how in holy hell do you join DWV to the thin-wall perforated drain tile? Nothing seems to mate up properly. Can you use those rubber connectors with the hose clamps on them?

Link Posted: 10/10/2004 9:21:10 AM EDT
They make the pvc adaptors to go from schedule 40 pvc to the sewer & drain (S&D) thinwall pipe. you may have to go to a plumbing wholesale house to get them. Or you can use a rubber (Fernco) adapter like you said.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 9:34:27 AM EDT
You may want to find a Junction/Distribution-Box instead of using tees. The J/D Box usually has an inspection cover or hole so you can run a verical cleanout pipe to use incase of a clog.

To connect 4" DWV to 4" S&D you can purchase an adapter or you can use a 4" S&D coupling inside a 4" DWV coupling. The outside diameter of the Light Weight coupling is about the sme size as the inside diameter of the DWV coupling. The hub end of the pipe won't work it has to be a coupling.

If you have any other questions or need further explantion.

shoot me an email


Link Posted: 10/10/2004 12:47:50 PM EDT
Thanks guys,

I think my first mistake was looking for the correct parts at Home Depot or Lowes.

I'll check online or with some local wholesalers . . . got to be some around Detroit somewhere.
Top Top