Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2006 3:43:47 PM EDT
I have yet another fix-it project in the house.   My whole house is PEX.   I have decided to just pick up the tools to fix my own problems.   Anyone used/know if this crimper is worth a crap?   I have 3/4" and 1/2" in my house so I will need both sizes.  

PEX Crimper
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 3:52:43 PM EDT
[#1]
no plumbers around?
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 4:04:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Not a plumber, an electrician....

Judging by the price though, it should be, methinks, although the lack of a brand name gives me some pause.

Looks well made enough, probably fine for occasional use, such as you'll need.  

Of course, I'm just tossing out a guess here and will absolutely defer to a real live plumbing sort.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 5:28:55 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Judging by the price though, it should be, methinks, although the lack of a brand name gives me some pause.

Of course, I'm just tossing out a guess here and will absolutely defer to a real live plumbing sort.

Yeah it certainly does not stand up to my 14ton T&B irreversible lug crimper but I thought it might work.    
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 5:44:41 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah it certainly does not stand up to my 14ton T&B irreversible lug crimper but I thought it might work.    

Mmmmmm     You can squish all kinda interesting stuff, REAL GOOD with them things.    
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 3:14:56 AM EDT
[#5]
You bet!   Splices, lugs, C-Taps, H-taps and grounding lugs.  I keep all those on hand from #10 to 500MCM.   I have a very nice collection.  

I ended up buying that crimper for $137.50 shipped.   Will see how it does.  

Link Posted: 4/18/2006 3:18:54 AM EDT
[#6]
The handles on that pex crimper look rather short.  The one I use are quite a bit longer.  it takes all I got to crimp those damn rings.

Link Posted: 4/18/2006 3:42:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Yeah that was sort of my worry.   I looked at a set at Home Depot and they were much longer.   They were also $120 for one size.   I will not be using these but once in a blue moon so maybe i can make due.    
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top