Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2006 2:43:47 PM EST
I have yet another fix-it project in the house. My whole house is PEX. I have decided to just pick up the tools to fix my own problems. Anyone used/know if this crimper is worth a crap? I have 3/4" and 1/2" in my house so I will need both sizes.

PEX Crimper
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 2:52:43 PM EST
no plumbers around?
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 3:04:03 PM EST
[Last Edit: 4/17/2006 3:04:56 PM EST by JB69]
Not a plumber, an electrician....

Judging by the price though, it should be, methinks, although the lack of a brand name gives me some pause.

Looks well made enough, probably fine for occasional use, such as you'll need.

Of course, I'm just tossing out a guess here and will absolutely defer to a real live plumbing sort.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 4:28:55 PM EST

Originally Posted By JB69:

Judging by the price though, it should be, methinks, although the lack of a brand name gives me some pause.

Of course, I'm just tossing out a guess here and will absolutely defer to a real live plumbing sort.

Yeah it certainly does not stand up to my 14ton T&B irreversible lug crimper but I thought it might work.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 4:44:41 PM EST

Originally Posted By GlocksareGood:

Originally Posted By JB69:

Yeah it certainly does not stand up to my 14ton T&B irreversible lug crimper but I thought it might work.

Mmmmmm You can squish all kinda interesting stuff, REAL GOOD with them things.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 2:14:56 AM EST
You bet! Splices, lugs, C-Taps, H-taps and grounding lugs. I keep all those on hand from #10 to 500MCM. I have a very nice collection.

I ended up buying that crimper for $137.50 shipped. Will see how it does.

Link Posted: 4/18/2006 2:18:54 AM EST
The handles on that pex crimper look rather short. The one I use are quite a bit longer. it takes all I got to crimp those damn rings.

Link Posted: 4/18/2006 2:42:34 AM EST
Yeah that was sort of my worry. I looked at a set at Home Depot and they were much longer. They were also $120 for one size. I will not be using these but once in a blue moon so maybe i can make due.
Top Top