Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/2/2002 9:08:47 PM EDT
I just recieved this email from a good friend of mine and thought I would share this. If the mods feel this is a story worth tacking up, please do so for all to read.

Politically Incorrect

We called on God on 9-11, so what is wrong with him now?

For those who have not heard, the bottlers/manufacturers of Dr. Pepper, and Pepsi, have started a "new" can campaign. They are putting patriotic scenes on them. One is the Empire State Bldg. with the pledge of allegiance, but they left off the words, "under God." They felt it might "offend" someone.

I do not know about you, but I am boycotting their products! They said they didn't "have room" for those words, but yet they had room for indivisible" on the can!

Please pass this along to others and see if we can get a message out to DR. Pepper and Pepsi---if having "under God" on cans offends them, then they don't need our money with "in God we trust" on it!!!!

PLEASE PASS THIS INFORMATION ON TO YOUR FRIENDS!
LET DR. PEPPER AND PEPSI SEE WHAT CLOUT WE AMERICANS HAVE OVER THE INTERNET!!!!!

Sincerely,

Thomas A. Lytle

Link Posted: 8/2/2002 9:11:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 9:17:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Here's a hint for everyone for when you receive an email like this from a friend, before passing it along to others:

Do a search at snopes.com.

[url=http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/outrage/drpepper.htm]Mainly an urban legend[/url]
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 9:19:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Why don't you take that extra step and noycott all soda/pop?  It's a real easy way to lose some weight and I would think twice about tossing something in my gut that eats rust off of pennies!  Sorry for the rant

Keving67
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 9:22:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I am glad it was a legend...

I like coke better but was willing to start drinking Pepsi to support them.
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 9:24:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Speaking of Pepsi, has anyone tried that Pepsi "BLUE"?

I had some today. Tasted like Blueberry pop. Really sweet. All I could think of is that it would be much better if mixed with some Vodka.

And I dont even like Vodka...yet.
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 9:29:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Why don't you take that extra step and boycott all soda/pop?...I would think twice about tossing something in my gut that eats rust off of pennies!  Sorry for the rant

Keving67
View Quote

I need something to help digest the big bowl full of nails I eat for breakfast every morning.

Link Posted: 8/2/2002 9:30:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Ok my poor internet knowlege shows I suppose. I guess I look like an ass clown know. Thanks for directing me to the urban legends page. I stand corrected. Sorry. I did not even think about checking the urban legend pages since I recieved this email from a good friend of mine!

Doooooohhhhh!

Can we just delete this message?
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 9:34:02 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm always suspicious of chain mails sent by my net friends.
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 9:34:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Yes, you can just delete, but then no one would learn from your mistake [:P]
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 9:36:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Pennies don't "rust"......

Quoted:
I would think twice about tossing something in my gut that eats rust off of pennies!  
Keving67
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 10:12:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 10:49:05 PM EDT
[#12]
When somebody calls something an urban legend, does that make it so?  Or when it is mentioned on a web site 'exposing' things as 'urban legends', are we supposed to believe THAT?

How do we know how carefully they check this stuff out?
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 10:53:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 11:26:46 PM EDT
[#14]
I need no further urging to boycott Pepsi products.

That ad where Peter Fonda and Captain America are riding along and some doofy middle aged office worker rolls up along side on Billy's bike did it for me.

As a FORMER HD owner and rider, I was greatly offended.
Link Posted: 8/3/2002 12:27:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Pepsi is my favorite drink.. over any kinda soda,coffee,and alkehol [;)]

I haven't seen this can your talking about..
Link Posted: 8/3/2002 12:30:21 AM EDT
[#16]
I only drink booze, fuck em! [:d]

kidding! of course.
Link Posted: 8/3/2002 3:36:46 AM EDT
[#17]
I'm with blackmanta on this one.  That Easy Rider commercial has got to go.  Also on my list are the people using the overture from Tommy to promote anti-allergy pills.
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 10:56:18 AM EDT
[#18]
die pepsi, long live coke!
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 10:59:09 AM EDT
[#19]
I've been boycotting pepsi my entire life. It just sucks, plain and simple.  Glad to know there is another reason to hate them.

Bill3508
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 5:46:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I've been boycotting pepsi my entire life. It just sucks, plain and simple.  Glad to know there is another reason to hate them.

Bill3508
View Quote
First:  Pepsi and Dr. Pepper are two different companies.

Two:  Read above posts about 'urban legends'.

Three:  At least Pepsi didn't cave in to Jesse Jackson.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top