Posted: 3/5/2001 6:33:57 PM EDT
I have a DPMS Stainless lower and came teflon coated from the factory. Looks nice but the teflon (or anything else) does not stick well to the Stainless. It started to scratch and the white metal was showing all over the place. I have two choices:
- to have it recoated and go through the whole process again, or
- to clean the coat and have the lower in natural metal finish.
My question is how well is the glass bead blasting process works.
- does it makes a nice and uniform clean ?
- how much does it pitts the surface ?
- how will the surface look after the process is done ?
- is there any other choice ?
I would preffer the natural metal look.
If you have this process done or if have done it for somebody please advice. I would appreciate any pictures of the before and after surface.
Glassbeads won't pit or damage SS. It will be a uniform frosted medium gray. (like DPMS SS bbl's or Win Heavy Varmint bbl's) SS can also be "blued". It comes out black matte. I use a Brownells product called OXYNATE No 84. Check with refinishers in your area. Most can do SS.