Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2013 10:02:09 AM EDT
One of my kids wants an Acoustic Guitar Amp.  But the brands, amperages, and options have me completely lost.  

My budget is around $150-$200.  I want it loud enough to hear, but not loud enough to wake the neighbors.  

My teenager likes to sing and play the guitar simultaneously, so I suppose it'll need the capability to plug in a microphone -and- a guitar.  

I found some on Amazon, but I don't know if there's any advantage of buying from a local shop.  

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/musical-instruments/11968291/ref=sr_bs_1

Any advice would be appreciated!!

Link Posted: 12/14/2013 10:14:24 AM EDT
[#1]
I played a lot of acoustic amps before I bought mine and to me the nest value was the Crate Gunnison. It's out of your price range, but they make a smaller one called Cimarron that should work nicely. Fishman has some nice amps as well.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 10:18:43 AM EDT
[#2]
I picked up an older Johnson Stage-50B Amp from a Swap Meet 10yrs back. Was more than loud enough.

Ya got any indoor/outdoor Swaps in your area? They might have some older Marshall or Johnson Amps on the cheap.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top