Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2005 9:11:21 PM EDT
why all of the locked threads....are you guys misbehaving again?  You should be ashamed!

I mean...as far as the hurricane...only the most monumental tragedy that's happened to our great country since Pearl Harbour or 9-11 , is off-limits now. I guess I'll shut up and eat the rest of my boston baked beans.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:12:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:13:00 PM EDT
[#2]
what?
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:13:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Why arent they using the bathrooms in the dome?  Thats all I want to know.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:13:34 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
since Pearl Harbour or 9-11

Heh.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:13:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:14:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:15:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:17:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Nephilim's talking about his trying to give an update about his brother in the NG who has the unfortunate duty of keeping order in the Superdome.  Nephilim started a thread last night about it.

He started a second thread to update about the deteriorating conditions in the Superdome.  A mod locked it, presumably because Nephilim already had a thread about his brother in the Superdome.

Dont take it personally, Nephilim.  Just keep updating in your original thread.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:21:28 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
why all of the locked threads....are you guys misbehaving again?  You should be ashamed!

I mean...as far as the hurricane...only the most monumental tragedy that's happened to our great country since Pearl Harbour or 9-11 , is off-limits now. I guess I'll shut up and eat the rest of my boston baked beans.

Tragedy?  Nah, I'd call it bad planning plus bad weather.  The place is already underwater, this is just a gentle reminder.  A tragedy is our response to 9-11.  Why any of those scum are still breathing is a tragedy.  
matthew  
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:21:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Nephilim: I put a link to your new post in the old post.

I think the bathroom were all functioning, talk about $hitting where you are eating, yuck
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:22:16 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Dont take it personally, Nephilim.  Just keep updating in your original thread.

+1

Exactly.  The most appropriate place to post about your brother's experience in the Superdome, is probably the thread that already exists about your brother's experience in the Superdome.

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:34:16 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
How many hurricane threads should we have, Nephilim?  A dozen?  Two dozen?  Should we fill up page one?  You had three running and two of them were about the same thing.

Nah...I think we should leave it like it is.  There's about 6 or 8 hurricane threads active right now.

I understand where you're coming from 82ndAbn. It's totally my fault that I don't know how to add an update to an existing thread...my bad.  That was my first one.

My second one...although, still involving the hurricane was more of an Indonesia thing than anything else.  Not much feedback, but I'd still like to know if we can depend on Bruce Springsteen to raise money for the less fortunate Americans affected by this hurricane.

My third, just trying to inform the guys on here that asked for updates.  It may be hurricane related, but it's a different story in that place right now. According to my bro...it's a living, putrid hell.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:43:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:47:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Don't forget the guys that don't read the CoC (or can't remember)and take a thread down the road of rampant rascism or similar violation at the first opportunity.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:48:29 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I'm not taking anything away from your brother's service or sacrifices during this emergency and I'm not trying to be a pain in the butt, I'm just trying to keep the GD free from so many duplicate topics.

I wrote that first response thinking your sign up date was from back in 2001 and that you should've known better - I just realized that you weren't being sarcastic when you said you're a "new guy."

I apologize for that.  In the future, if you need any help with anything or if you're unsure how things work, don't hesitate to contact me, one of the other moderators, or any of the staff members (especially Striker).

Hey, no problem....my glass is raised...cheers my friend....Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:51:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top