Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/29/2003 6:35:58 AM EDT
It says "Memory Card is not inserted".  I have two cards, tried them both, tried different bays, tried to insert them upside, but with no luck.  How come it won't recognize that a card is in the slot?  Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 6:40:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't they have to be formatted?
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 6:56:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
It says "Memory Card is not inserted".  I have two cards, tried them both, tried different bays, tried to insert them upside, but with no luck.  How come it won't recognize that a card is in the slot?  Thanks for any help.
View Quote

did you ever drop the system?  try borrowing someones card that works and see what happens.  if it doesnt read that then the system may need to be exchanged for a new one
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 7:13:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Are you playing a PS1 game on a PS2 system? I was getting the same error trying to save a PS1 game on a PS2 memory card. If so you need a PS1 memory card in order to be able to save it.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 7:30:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Ditto Sam...  PS1 games will play but won't save on the PS2.  That's the message I got when trying to save Time Crisis 1 on my PS2.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 10:40:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Are you playing a PS1 game on a PS2 system? I was getting the same error trying to save a PS1 game on a PS2 memory card. If so you need a PS1 memory card in order to be able to save it.
View Quote

Ding, ding, we have a winner!!  You're right, it is a PS1 game.  Why oh why do I struggle so?!!!!!!!!  Thanks a lot.

vmax84
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top