Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/13/2011 10:58:09 PM EDT
Anyone play with them as a kid? I was looking at the website today and am amazed at how far the stuff has progressed.

My favorite was the cowboy and indians set up. I had the whole fort and every toy set in that series. My dad says he remembers watching me play and I would always arm the entire tribe of indians with sticks and maybe a revolver or two. The cavalry troopers would have much superior arms like cannons, rifles, and horses. The battles were always one sided and I would either kill the survivors or torture them for information and then kill them by burning them alive or casting them off a giant cliff (my couch).
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 11:19:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I still have mine. I have some of the Indian set, and the huge pirate ship.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 11:27:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I had one set, for some reason I recall them being hideously expensive.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 12:01:36 AM EDT
[#3]
I remember having some castle stuff and a glow in the dark ghost. But as was said before, I think it was more expensive than Legos
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 12:04:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

They're actually VERY good value these days.  You can get a themed set with a couple of figures for less than $5.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 12:12:59 AM EDT
[#5]
I loved them. The larger sets were expensive but then so are Legos.

My favorite set was the one with the Confederate and Union troops. I also had a little jail tower. Those Yankees were always getting locked up.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 12:38:20 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They're actually VERY good value these days.  You can get a themed set with a couple of figures for less than $5.

I think target and walmart sell them now so I assume they are priced competitively.

Link Posted: 8/14/2011 1:21:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I think target and walmart sell them now so I assume they are priced competitively.

We've bought them at Target and several other smaller toy stores, all the pricing is pretty damn good.  I don't think they've changed their prices in 15 years...  
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 1:33:55 AM EDT
[#8]
We've got a pretty massive collection... began investing in them (yeah, at one point they really were expensive compared to other toys) with our first child, and added more through the birth & rearing of three more kids.  Very high quality stuff... played with hard for 20 years, and it'd be a challenge to tell any of the older pieces from a brand new item straight out of the box.

I expect my grandchildren and great-grandchildren will be playing with these long after I'm pushing up daisies.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 1:44:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 2:45:22 AM EDT
[#10]
I was rather more of a LEGO kid.

Playmobil figures had their place too, though. Just shoot them.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 2:53:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I was rather more of a LEGO kid.
Playmobil figures had their place too, though. Just shoot them.

haha did this too.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 3:07:25 AM EDT
[#12]
I had the frontier fort and the pirate ship. Wouldn't mind having them again
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 3:12:52 AM EDT
[#13]
TinkerToys, Erector sets and real chemical sets that you could get seriously hurt and do some real damage,  I grew up in the 50s!
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 3:44:22 AM EDT
[#14]
They were too expensive for me as a kid.  But we have a bunch for our kids.  They're awesome!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top