Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2011 10:58:09 PM EDT
Anyone play with them as a kid? I was looking at the website today and am amazed at how far the stuff has progressed.

My favorite was the cowboy and indians set up. I had the whole fort and every toy set in that series. My dad says he remembers watching me play and I would always arm the entire tribe of indians with sticks and maybe a revolver or two. The cavalry troopers would have much superior arms like cannons, rifles, and horses. The battles were always one sided and I would either kill the survivors or torture them for information and then kill them by burning them alive or casting them off a giant cliff (my couch).
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 11:19:01 PM EDT
I still have mine. I have some of the Indian set, and the huge pirate ship.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 11:27:12 PM EDT
I had one set, for some reason I recall them being hideously expensive.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 12:01:36 AM EDT
I remember having some castle stuff and a glow in the dark ghost. But as was said before, I think it was more expensive than Legos
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 12:04:51 AM EDT
Originally Posted By ElectricSheep556:

They're actually VERY good value these days.  You can get a themed set with a couple of figures for less than $5.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 12:12:59 AM EDT
I loved them. The larger sets were expensive but then so are Legos.

My favorite set was the one with the Confederate and Union troops. I also had a little jail tower. Those Yankees were always getting locked up.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 12:38:20 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Rogue-Sasquatch:

They're actually VERY good value these days.  You can get a themed set with a couple of figures for less than $5.

I think target and walmart sell them now so I assume they are priced competitively.

Link Posted: 8/14/2011 1:21:16 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Danj:

Originally Posted By Rogue-Sasquatch:

I think target and walmart sell them now so I assume they are priced competitively.

We've bought them at Target and several other smaller toy stores, all the pricing is pretty damn good.  I don't think they've changed their prices in 15 years...  
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 1:33:55 AM EDT
We've got a pretty massive collection... began investing in them (yeah, at one point they really were expensive compared to other toys) with our first child, and added more through the birth & rearing of three more kids.  Very high quality stuff... played with hard for 20 years, and it'd be a challenge to tell any of the older pieces from a brand new item straight out of the box.

I expect my grandchildren and great-grandchildren will be playing with these long after I'm pushing up daisies.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 1:44:32 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 2:45:22 AM EDT
I was rather more of a LEGO kid.

Playmobil figures had their place too, though. Just shoot them.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 2:53:25 AM EDT
Originally Posted By GLADIO:
I was rather more of a LEGO kid.
Playmobil figures had their place too, though. Just shoot them.

haha did this too.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 3:07:25 AM EDT
I had the frontier fort and the pirate ship. Wouldn't mind having them again
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 3:12:52 AM EDT
TinkerToys, Erector sets and real chemical sets that you could get seriously hurt and do some real damage,  I grew up in the 50s!
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 3:44:22 AM EDT
They were too expensive for me as a kid.  But we have a bunch for our kids.  They're awesome!
Top Top