Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/10/2004 8:19:48 PM EDT
Last saturday was a friend of mines bachelor party. We all decided to go paintballing. Five of us were prior military but two other guys we didn't know decided to join our group because all of us had camo on. Anyway we played on this fiftyy acre lot that had never been cleared- couldn't see five feet in front of you. Two teams of six each. The two guys that joined up were Special Forces guys that were on leave just out having fun. They didn't want to be seperated so we put them on the team without the military guys- the former military guys on the other team. Of course we thought the SF guys would smoke us but suprisingly they didn't do all that well.

Their tactics were sound- they disappeared quickly and never gave up their positions. They only fired when discovered or if they could make a kill without giving away their positions. However they never moved once in a position unless someone knew where they were and could report back to the rest of us. We managed to flank them on three occasions making it through their lines undetected with four guys while maintaining two as decoys to draw fire. They didn't communicate well with eachother or their teamates as one paticular SF dude managed to hose three of his own team members by mistake  who were trying to retreat back to their own lines. At one point one SF dude had his team members split into two teams of three that were to run down both ends of our lines and try and flank us- they ended up getting two of our guys then battling it out between their two groups, once again mis communication and bad tactics. At one point I pulled an Elias from Platoon maneuver and ran down through the woods killing both SF guys and one other before getting hosed. Kinda suprised me that I managed to get so far and get the two SF guys before getting killed during that round.    

Both SF guys did really well, most always the last to get killed per game but some things they did suprised me. I was never SF, just 12B but these guys did some major screw ups.  One did however hid in a creek laying almost up to his waiste in water- stupid since he got most his painballs wet.

Should have coined them both.

Just my cool weekend.
Creeper
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 8:46:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I've never played paintball, that sounds kinda cool though with the ex military peeps.

Might have to give it a try sometime.  I was always too scared of getting hit though
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 8:56:25 PM EDT
[#2]
i play paintball with Rangers every weekend. I got one on out Saturday but then we got smoked.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 8:58:06 PM EDT
[#3]
played paintball at fort bragg in "cement city" (often seen on history channel SF docs). PB is a different world to these guys.

we had:

-SF dude
-former marine sniper
-SWAT dude
-pathfinder
-cop
-repo man

and the rest of the crew (the SF guy was our guide that got us in). needless to say that we all got our good licks on eachother, but i'm convinced that they surely would have killed me in a NY second in the real world.

BTW. it was amazing playing there. the 155 range was on one side of the city, and the 50 BMG was on the other. made for some kick ass effects while playing. only punctuated by low flyin blackhawks. TALK ABOUT FRIGGIN KEWL!!!
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 9:20:17 PM EDT
[#4]
PB and the real thing are totally different.  If real bullets were flying you would also be under cover.  Also dont play in the winter then PBs freeze and hurt like hell!    Took one to the neck, looked a like a hickey for weeks.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 10:13:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 10:39:46 PM EDT
[#6]
If people did the tactics of paint ball in real life, they wouldn't last very long. It's way diffrent.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 10:57:31 PM EDT
[#7]
I played in an area built and used by some Marines a few times. It had a tunnel complex, bunkers, a l funnel thru old buildings and some other interesting features.  It was a blast, we beat them a couple of times but they were always pretty sound and had nice rate and volume of fire.

Once I crept thru the entire complex, killed three of them, snuck thru the buildings allllllll stealthy and as I kneeled and went for a peek at the last bunker from a great cover position, three paint balls exploded right in the middle of my chest. The other three had a good idea where the attack would come from,,,lol.

Fun way to spend an afternoon.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 7:31:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Paintball is alot like the gunshow, too. Alot of SOF ninja types just hangin' around.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 7:37:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Anybody remember a thread on the old, old site entitled "I went up against SPETSNAZ" - it just wouldn't die.  

Anyway that's what this kind of reminds me of - back to your regularly scheduled paintball thread.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 7:46:54 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Anybody remember a thread on the old, old site entitled "I went up against SPETSNAZ" - it just wouldn't die.  

Anyway that's what this kind of reminds me of - back to your regularly scheduled paintball thread.

That brings back memories...

If I was an SF guy on leave (from actually killing people in foreign lands), I'd be banging as many sluts as I could find, not playing paintball with a bunch of dudes.  But that's just me.

BTW, who plays paintball for a bachelor party anyways???
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 7:53:05 AM EDT
[#11]
I help my uncle run a paintball field.  We have SWAT members, regular cops, national guard, etc. out everytime.  I and several other players are former military.  We have had special forces guys out before too.  One thing I have noticed is that guys who are in the military but new to paintball never do very well.  You have to be much more aggressive in paintball.  Stand-off tactics don't work.  Most military types try to dig in and hold a position and it never works for very long.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top