Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/29/2013 7:26:56 AM EDT
Why?

They are already melting plastic resin to make the straws , why not buy another machine to make the wrappers out of plastic also? Seems like a factory that had the capability to make a plastic straw would also make the wrappers out of plastic. That would keep them from having to buy paper for their wrappers. The reason for my question is due to my frustration with tough paper wrappers on flimsy plastic straws. I'm sure I'm not the only one that uses the technique of opening your straw by tapping it on the top of your leg. And what happens most of the time when you do that? You bend the fuck out of your straw and most likely create some kind of crack in the straw because the paper that the plastic straw manufacturer used to wrap the straw is stronger than bounty paper towels! A few companys already use plastic wrappers and my hats are off to them. They all need to follow suit and get on the plastic wrapper train!

/first world problems
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:28:36 AM EDT
[#1]
I hate plastic straw wrappers. The wrappers stretch when removing them form the straw, making it frustrating to get it off. I mean...all I want is a sip of soda.

Chinese finger trick? No thanks.

jonblack
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:28:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Plastic stray wrappers suck.....
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:30:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Try tearing the paper wrapper in half instead of jabbing it into your leg. You can break chopstick by jabbing them into your leg trying to get them out of the paper wrapper.

jonblack
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:30:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I hate plastic straw wrappers. The wrappers stretch when removing them form the straw, making it frustrating to get it off. I mean...all I want is a sip of soda.

Chinese finger trick? No thanks.

jonblack
View Quote

That's why you use the leg tap technique!
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:31:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Or don't use straws.....
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:32:58 AM EDT
[#6]
I remember paper straws
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:33:09 AM EDT
[#7]

This is important how?
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:34:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Straws are for suckers.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:35:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Wait till you notice one end is always rougher than the other and have to check it before you put it in your drink.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:36:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Plastic straw wrappers suck. They are staticly charged and stick to shit. Plus, they don't crumple up into a nice ball and get out of the way.

Paper straw wrappers are nice and easy to remove and don't stretch when I try to tear them off. Plus, they're probably cheaper.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:38:58 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Straws are for suckers.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:40:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Fuck plastic straw wrappers. Go to Subway, and tell me how easy it is to get your straw out.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:42:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Don't use straws.  I haven't for a long time, unless in the car to prevent mess.  Straws make me do some sort of weird hiccup thing when I drink carbonated drinks through them.  No idea what it is, but I'd rather not do that.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:43:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Paper wrapper > plastic wrapper

Tear the wrapper in the middle to remove.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63FPeQ_GrVM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMKtNaLflaI

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:46:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Straws are nothing but a tool of the gay agenda to get you used to a mouth full of fluid from sucking a tube.

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:49:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Paper wrapper > plastic wrapper

Tear the wrapper in the middle to remove.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63FPeQ_GrVM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMKtNaLflaI

View Quote

But you need 2 hands to use that technique , I only want to use 1 hand.

'MERICA!
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:50:35 AM EDT
[#17]
I was spit ball pro in high school thanks to that paper cover.    I even had a curve shot  ..  I was perfecting  my   1 MOA   and didn't even know it.      so ya we learned much more from school than we could have thought.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 9:36:18 AM EDT
[#18]
Just wet one end before you tap it!
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 9:38:15 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Or don't use straws.....
View Quote

Staws suck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top