Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/30/2011 12:40:37 PM EDT
Just got this: Bullseye my house

...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO 6 AM CST WEDNESDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN KANSAS CITY/PLEASANT HILL HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR MIXED PRECIPITATION AND HEAVY SNOW...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO 6 AM CST WEDNESDAY. THE WINTER STORM WATCH IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT.

* LOCATIONS...SOUTHEAST KANSAS AND WESTERN MISSOURI INCLUDING PLEASANT HILL...HARRISONVILLE...WARRENSBURG AND CLINTON.

* TIMING...FREEZING DRIZZLE...LIGHT FREEZING RAIN OR SNOW WILL BE POSSIBLE EARLY MONDAY MORNING THROUGH MONDAY NIGHT. SIGNIFICANT ACCUMULATING SNOWFALL WILL IMPACT THE REGION LATE MONDAY NIGHT THROUGH TUESDAY NIGHT.

* SNOW AND ICE ACCUMULATIONS...A LIGHT GLAZE OF ICE UP TO A TENTH OF AN INCH WILL BE POSSIBLE ON MONDAY AND MONDAY NIGHT. STORM TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS BETWEEN 8 AND 12 INCHES MAY BE POSSIBLE THROUGH WEDNESDAY MORNING WITH HIGHER TOTALS IN SOME LOCATIONS.

* IMPACTS...THIS STORM WILL ARRIVE IN MULTIPLE WAVES. FREEZING DRIZZLE OR LIGHT FREEZING RAIN WILL LEAD TO ICY CONDITIONS ON PRIMARY AND SECONDARY ROADS BY THE MONDAY MORNING COMMUTE. ONCE HEAVY SNOW ARRIVES...ROADS WILL BECOME SNOW COVERED AND TRAVEL WILL BE DIFFICULT TO EXTREMELY DANGEROUS ON TUESDAY. THIS STORM HAS THE POTENTIAL TO BRING TRAVEL TO A HALT OVER MUCH OF EASTERN KANSAS AND MISSOURI ON TUESDAY AND TUESDAY NIGHT.

* OTHER IMPACTS...STRONG WINDS BETWEEN 20 AND 35 MPH TUESDAY AFTERNOON WILL CREATE SIGNIFICANT BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW ALONG WITH HIGHLY REDUCED VISIBILITIES INTO TUESDAY NIGHT. NEAR BLIZZARD CONDITIONS WILL BE POSSIBLE ON INTERSTATE 35...HIGHWAY 71...AND HIGHWAY 50. FALLING TEMPERATURES TUESDAY NIGHT WILL PRODUCE WIND CHILL READINGS WELL BELOW ZERO BY WEDNESDAY MORNING.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR HEAVY SNOW MEANS SEVERE WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOW ARE FORECAST THAT WILL MAKE TRAVEL DANGEROUS.

CONDITIONS CAN DETERIORATE RAPIDLY IN WINTER WEATHER SITUATIONS. SLOW DOWN AND ALLOW EXTRA TIME WHEN TRAVELING. PRACTICE YOUR WINTER SAFETY RULES...KEEP A FLASHLIGHT...SHOVEL...FOOD AND WATER IN YOUR CAR IN CASE OF EMERGENCY. CONTINUE TO MONITOR THE LATEST FORECASTS DURING THIS STILL DEVELOPING WINTER STORM. IF YOU ARE TRAVELING TUESDAY AND TUESDAY NIGHT...BEGIN TO MAKE ALTERNATIVE PLANS NOW.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 12:47:56 PM EDT
[#1]
We have a blizzard warning here in IL , hope it miss us.Good luck and stay safe.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 12:51:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm looking forward to it. I haven't gotten to play in the snow in my Jeep for a couple of years.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:01:35 PM EDT
[#3]
We have a bunch of Suzie here at work, and they all call off if there's an inch. in the forecast so  I'm sol. I'll be be at work and about 20 others we usually have about 100 that we need to get the stuff out the door on time .
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:04:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Same thing here on the KS side of the state line.

I'm stoked about it!
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 2:03:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
We have a blizzard warning here in IL , hope it miss us.Good luck and stay safe.

good times!

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 3:07:40 PM EDT
[#6]
im 35 miles south of st.louis, i hope for snow and not ice
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top