Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/29/2001 4:55:04 AM EDT
Has anyone seen the new Planet of the apes movie? The previews look pretty good and members of AR15.com seem to rate movies well. My teenage sons all want to see it and the weather isn't the greatest here. Your opinions welcomed.
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 8:26:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 8:49:28 AM EDT
[#2]
It was a good movie, we saw it Friday night. I do love the fact that Heston seemed to be  playing a corrupt family of anti human, anti-gun Apes.....LOLOLOL
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 8:51:38 AM EDT
[#3]
I saw it on opening day.  While it was a good movie, I think it could have been better.  If you are expecting something as original as the first was, you are not going to get it.  However I do think that it is worth seeing at least once.

mattjedi[x]

P.S.
Look for Charlton Heston in a surprise cameo role.
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 9:10:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 9:26:15 AM EDT
[#5]
WHAT HAPPENED TO MOVIES THAT HAD A PLOT!!!!!
The make-up a special effects where incredible. However, the writing and story line sucked.  Marky Mark is a BADDD actor.  The ending was kind of dumb.
Over all I'd give it a B- or so.  I saw it B$ 6:00 so I didn't pay full price.  JP3 was kind of the same way.
Bad summer for movies
Big John
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 9:42:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Yeah the scene with Heston talking about the ancient pistol was really ironic.
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 11:28:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Go the matinee.
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 12:04:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
WHAT HAPPENED TO MOVIES THAT HAD A PLOT!!!!!
The make-up a special effects where incredible. However, the writing and story line sucked.  Marky Mark is a BADDD actor.  The ending was kind of dumb.
Over all I'd give it a B- or so.  I saw it B$ 6:00 so I didn't pay full price.  JP3 was kind of the same way.
Bad summer for movies
Big John
View Quote

I haven't seen the movie yet.

But this would be my assessment; Remake of a classic movie means short on story and/or plot long on violence and/or special effects.

It seems too many remakes are that way.

I'll probably wait 'till it comes out on video.
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 12:17:30 PM EDT
[#9]
I'll bet mark wished he would have had an AR15 with him when he crashed...that would have been an interesting twist on the movie...

Plus lots of SS109 :-)
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 6:02:40 PM EDT
[#10]
I just saw it. It was enjoyable, but the plot wasn't as good as the original. Still, go see it, you'll like it.
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 6:11:34 PM EDT
[#11]
The irony is that Marky Mark is now in a leading role in a movie Charlton Heston once did. Mark Wahlberg is a anti-gun idiot. His politics are pure liberal B.S. learned from other clueless actors.
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 6:13:38 PM EDT
[#12]
I liked it.
The Charelton Heston scene was great and there were some funny scenes if you knew the original movie.
If only they had had 1911's on the lab ship....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top