Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 3/8/2015 9:19:26 AM EDT
Get ready for men hanging out in your daughter's/wive's bathrooms and changing room and if you don't like it, "Diversity Police" will show you the door.

Planet Fitness drops member after gender identity complaint

It’s a business that sells itself on being non-judgmental but Planet Fitness has allegedly revoked the membership of a woman for complaining.

Yvette Cormier, a member at the Midland location, says she had no idea what that meant until a few days ago.

“I was stunned and shocked. He looked like a man.. He did not look like a woman,” Cormier said. Cormier is talking about a transgender woman who walked into the woman’s locker room while she was getting undressed. She says she couldn’t believe her eyes.

“This is very unprofessional. This is very scary,” Cormier said.

Not knowing why the person was in the women’s locker room, Cormier said she immediately complained to the front desk and eventually to corporate offices.

“They told me the same thing, that he was allowed in there because that’s the sex he wants to be,” Cormier said.

Cormier said she understands that some men self-identify as women and some women self-identify as men, but said the person looked like a man and that caught her off guard.

Cormier lost her membership for violating the company’s no judgement zone policy.

Moving forward, Cormier said she isn’t concerned with getting her membership back. Her concern now is to warn other women at this gym to make them aware of this policy, because she says Planet Fitness failed to warn her.[…]

Representatives with Planet Fitness issued this statement:

“Planet Fitness is committed to creating a non-intimidating, welcoming environment for our members. Our gender identity non-discrimination policy states that members and guests may use all gym facilities based on their sincere self-reported gender identity.

In expressing her concerns about the policy, the member in question exhibited behavior that club management deemed inappropriate and disruptive to other members, which is a violation of the membership agreement and as a result her membership was canceled”[…]

TV5 sat down with a well known member of the transgender community to get her take on how to avoid this issue moving forward.

Char Davenport is a professor at Saginaw Valley State University as well as Delta College. She’s a prominent member of the transgender community. Davenport is also a transgender woman.

Davenport said she is not surprised by Cormier’s reaction. At the same time she said she applauds Planet Fitness for understanding the needs of the transgender community.

According to Davenport, Planet Fitness and any other facility looking to support the transgender community, she insists they must have the proper facility so that supporting LGBT rights doesn’t impose on those who may not have a full understanding of her community.
View Quote

http://www.wnem.com/story/28278233/planet-fitness-drops-member-after-gender-identity-complaint
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 9:21:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Fuck sjws.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 9:22:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Brave new world. Starship troopers scenes coming soon?

Link Posted: 3/8/2015 9:22:45 AM EDT
[#3]
I know some dads of young girls that won't handle this well
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 9:23:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Planet Fitness is committed to creating a non-intimidating, welcoming environment for our members.
View Quote

Well, it will be interesting to see how that plays out with their female customers.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 9:24:23 AM EDT
[#5]
The LGBT Mafia is strong and everywhere.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 9:24:32 AM EDT
[#6]
their business, their rules?
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 9:26:33 AM EDT
[#7]
It's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world...
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 9:26:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Off to buy a wig, a bag, and a small camera. Respect muh gender identity.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 9:27:21 AM EDT
[#9]
So you're saying all I need to do is put on a wig so I can shower with the ladies?
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 9:27:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world...
View Quote

I agree, but of course DU is literally applauding this.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/?com=view_post&forum=1002&pid=6325346
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 9:27:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Don't ever let your kids play Pool.  That's a capital 'P' and that rhymes with 'T' and that stands for Trouble.

You know how many bull dykes hang out in pool halls, just waiting to prey upon your daughters?

Also, the next time I see a chick using the men's bathroom because the women's line is too long, I'm calling the Butt-Hurt Police.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 9:28:15 AM EDT
[#12]
They should have a gender neutral changing room then.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 9:28:24 AM EDT
[#13]
minority rules.

I can't wait until Caucasians are a minority. I'm going to demand free everything.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 9:30:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
They should have a gender neutral changing room then.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

They would bitch that a gender neutral changing room singles them out.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 9:31:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hypocrisy and fear-mongering is better.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 9:31:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/8/2015 9:32:59 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

So you're saying all I need to do is put on a wig so I can shower with the ladies?
View Quote

This.  What could possibly go wrong?

Link Posted: 3/8/2015 9:33:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 9:33:59 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

minority rules.

I can't wait until Caucasians are a minority. I'm going to demand free everything.
View Quote
It won't work like that. Think South Africa...

Link Posted: 3/8/2015 9:35:23 AM EDT
[#20]
ARFCOM is going to be pissed the trannies won't be in the men's room anymore.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 9:35:27 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 9:36:08 AM EDT
[#22]
This country is so fucked up it is unbelievable.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 9:36:13 AM EDT
[#23]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/Gy4RR.jpg

Hey I live in NY.. all women can carry is an air horn here. Even then I could probably sue for assaulting my ear drums.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 9:38:42 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hope they have plenty of liability insurance then. A new cottage industry of sexual harassment lawsuits with vicarious liability is born! Hurray!
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 10:15:35 AM EDT
[#25]
Wait, they blow a fucking horn if you actually try to workout... but it's cool for creepers to hang out in the changing room?

I do not understand why people give those fucktards money. What is America coming to?
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 10:32:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
This country is so fucked up it is unbelievable.
View Quote

Sadly, I think we have reached our tipping point. I don't know that we can ever recover, or indeed, if at this point, I even give a fuck.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 10:46:59 AM EDT
[#27]
Just need to have 3 changing rooms -

Male, Female, and Communal, or Other, or Mixed, or fucked-in-the-Head.

Or perhaps, Outies, Innies, Confused.

Of course, some would still get it wrong, so go with

Straight, and Other.
Jus' Sayin'.

Link Posted: 3/8/2015 10:49:41 AM EDT
[#28]
Like I said in the other thread, policies like these are job entitlement programs for lawyers.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 10:50:06 AM EDT
[#29]
Haha.

Go to a gym.

LOL
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 10:52:19 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
minority rules.

This. ^^^
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 10:52:30 AM EDT
[#31]
Fucking gotta be planet fitness.

lol

Not even a real gym.

Link Posted: 3/8/2015 10:57:42 AM EDT
[#32]
So, what they're saying is that for $10 a month and the cost of a muu muu (and at the expense of my dignity for setting foot in a Planet Fitness), I can hang out in women's locker rooms and watch naked women all I want?

Link Posted: 3/8/2015 11:02:07 AM EDT
[#33]

This is a no win situation for them in today's world.
Dammed if you do, dammed of you don't.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 11:11:16 AM EDT
[#34]
Their business, their rules.  My business to call them idiots and hope they fail..  

Let all the ladies from DU go there and we'll see how they react when dudes start hanging out in their showers and dressing rooms.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 11:13:25 AM EDT
[#35]
We all need 3 locker/restrooms.

Men,   women,    Confused (Use is at owns sexual peril)

Problem solved.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 11:22:42 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Why bother buying a wig?  Some lez cut their hair short and dress like men.  Just go in and take selfies.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 11:24:41 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Their business, their rules.  My business to call them idiots and hope they fail..  

Let all the ladies from DU go there and we'll see how they react when dudes start hanging out in their showers and dressing rooms.
View Quote

Unless it doesn't fit the Lefty agenda, then they get sued over not baking a cake or making floral arrangements....

Link Posted: 3/8/2015 11:28:30 AM EDT
[#38]
So... Planet Fitness denied service to person based on the person's personal belief system on sexual orientation?

Sounds familiar except Planet Fitness was not bankrupted.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 11:30:12 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not even that. If I read it correctly, you just need to feel beautiful.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 11:33:06 AM EDT
[#40]
Good. I hope women have to deal with old guys walking around the locker room with their cocks out for 10 minutes.

Every time I go to the gym there is some old guy just chilling naked.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 11:38:31 AM EDT
[#41]
I cannot believe the explosion of transgenderism in this country. Are there really that many fucked-up men who think they're really women? It used to be a freakish thing, but now they're popping up everywhere, and they have RIGHTS!

I say go back to the normal, and if a person with a dick goes into a women's restroom or changing room, he gets his tranny ass thrown in jail ... regardless of his inner woman or other bullshit.

Things are getting so muddled and confused and we're headed for real trouble if we don't get back to basics and enforce some common-sense rules.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 12:04:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

+1, except it sounds like you don't need the first two items.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 12:13:19 PM EDT
[#43]

“Planet Fitness is committed to creating a non-intimidating, welcoming environment for our members."

Obviously not;  considering that Orwellian bullshit.

According to what they actually do rather than what they say they do, they obviously create a "non-intimidating,  welcomIng environment" for  freakshow rather than for their normal customers.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 12:13:47 PM EDT
[#44]
I see an easy way to make some money here.  I'm gonna' hang out naked in the women's showers, wait for someone to walk in to shower and I'm agonna' stare at 'em while washing my junk because I identify myself as female.

Management kicks me out and I sue for discrimination.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 12:14:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Double tap
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 12:20:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Check you're gender privilege at the door.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 12:25:01 PM EDT
[#47]
I am a female lesbian in a mans body. A big hairy body.

They should state they only have unisex locker rooms before they take the money.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 12:29:07 PM EDT
[#48]
If you have a Y-chromosome then you are a man. No amount of self-imposed body mutilation, mascara, or inappropriate clothing is ever going to change that fact.

I find it pretty unsettling when I see a tranny; I think it's a reasonable reaction to seeing something unnatural. I'm not saying people shouldn't be able to do what they want in that regard, but don't get offended when 98% of the people you encounter think you're weird...
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 12:29:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Sounds like she actually found and easy way to cancel a membership at a gym! I wish it were always that easy....
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 12:30:15 PM EDT
[#50]
Another reason not to go the Planet Fitness

I have a feeling that a lot more men are going to be in the womens locker rooms at planet fitness soon.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top