Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2005 9:02:15 AM EDT
Plane Evacuated After Knife Blade Is Discovered On Board    
01-11-2005 9:33 AM

(Arlington, VA) -- Passengers on American Flight 2255 at Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport had to be removed from the aircraft and rescreened after the discovery of what appeared to be a knife on board the plane. It happened last evening when a passenger alerted employees to the blade. All of the passengers were taken off the plane while an investigation got underway. They were able to reboard a short time later and the plane departed for Miami. Authorities are looking into how the knife got on the plane.

So it seems the plane boarded and one of the new passengers found it ?

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:31:28 AM EDT
Did you find a link to the article?

I saw something about it on the late local news last night...

Apparently a passenger found a partially concealed utility blade knife. On the news, they said that authorities were unable to locate the person who was assigned to that seat.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:32:38 AM EDT
OH NO A KNIFE!!!
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:34:22 AM EDT

Originally Posted By 1911greg:
OH NO A KNIFE!!!

Everybody exit their homes immediately!
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:34:46 AM EDT

OH NO A KNIFE!!!

WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:38:55 AM EDT
Wow.  A fucking knife.  On a plane.  

The world will now end.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:40:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/11/2005 9:40:23 AM EDT by Brisk322]
THERE'S A SALE AT PENNEY'S!!

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:43:24 AM EDT
A knife? On a plane? OH MY GOSH!

Who gives a fuck?
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:46:28 AM EDT
Does anyone know of any websites where I can send money for the "knife found on the plane in Arlington, VA" relief fund?

This is a terrible tragedy
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:16:59 AM EDT

Originally Posted By NewbHunter:
Does anyone know of any websites where I can send money for the "knife found on the plane in Arlington, VA" relief fund?

This is a terrible tragedy

www.BuyBrisk322HisFirstEvilBlackRifle.com
www.weeklytragedy.com
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:18:21 AM EDT
So... it was a law abiding passenger who found it right?  So whats the big deal?
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:34:54 AM EDT
Hell it was probably from a passenger who didnt realize they had it with them and dumped it so they wouldnt get caught with a knife.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:44:32 AM EDT
Bleat...  Bleat...Bleat...
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:45:28 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Brisk322:

uk.geocities.com/zaz_fan/zaz_web_pages/air21.gif

Thanks.

My office-mates are looking at me saying 'what's so funny' now?

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:46:15 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ctprelude:
Hell it was probably from a passenger who didnt realize they had it with them and dumped it so they wouldnt get caught with a knife.

More likely some jihadist airport worker / catering employee stashed it, for a compatriot to use in-flight. And the seat-holder chickened or was nabbed.

And I'm stunned at the dickheads in this topic who mock the incident - just over 3yrs since 19 scumbags with boxcutters staggered this Nation - AND the reason for these lameass 'security' checks - yet it appears you've all forgotten wtf it's about.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:48:06 AM EDT

Originally Posted By rayra:

More likely some jihadist airport worker / catering employee stashed it, for a compatriot to use in-flight. And the seat-holder chickened or was nabbed.

And I'm stunned at the dickheads in this topic who mock the incident - just over 3yrs since 19 scumbags with boxcutters staggered this Nation - AND the reason for these lameass 'security' checks - yet it appears you've all forgotten wtf it's about.

yes, I mock it.

I'm pissed off that half the passengers on the plane aren't packing 1911's.

(glocks for the other half)

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:50:09 AM EDT
I almost feel sorry for the next terrorist that tries to hijack an American plane with less then a gun. I fully expect to hear about how every passanger on board stood up and whipped his ass up and down the aisle for the duration of the flight, then upon landing handed his hamburgered ass over to the Feds.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:53:24 AM EDT

I was a little suprised too.

I guess it's the same crowd who says "i ain't flowed one durn lick since 9-11"
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:58:18 AM EDT
UTILITY BLADE!  HIT THE DECK!
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 10:59:01 AM EDT

OH NO A KNIFE!!!

Originally Posted By Sin_Bin:
UTILITY BLADE!  HIT THE DECK!

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 11:01:09 AM EDT

No, I mock the sheeple who can be subdued by a FUCKING BOXCUTTER!!
Yes it was a tragic day, yes it was a tragic event. But jesus goddamned almighty christ, someone tell me how 3 people with BOXCUTTERS hijack a plane with 50+ people on board!!
I mean DAMN! I'd go 1 on 1 with a scumsucking terrorist weilding a boxcutter! And 50+ people couldnt take on 3?!
It really goes to show how docile we as a nation are IMO.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 11:02:26 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Matthew_Q:

OH NO A KNIFE!!!

WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!!!

THE SKY IS FALLING, THE SKY IS FALLING

AUNTY EM, AUNTY EM!
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 11:03:05 AM EDT

uk.geocities.com/zaz_fan/zaz_web_pages/air21.gif

That is exactly who I was thinking about when I posted "Aunty Em".
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 11:04:15 AM EDT

Originally Posted By arowneragain:

yes, I mock it.

Nope, Sigs for all.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 11:06:17 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Specop_007:

Yes it was a tragic day, yes it was a tragic event. But jesus goddamned almighty christ, someone tell me how 3 people with BOXCUTTERS hijack a plane with 50+ people on board!!
I mean DAMN! I'd go 1 on 1 with a scumsucking terrorist weilding a boxcutter! And 50+ people couldnt take on 3?!

No, it just goes to show the times have changed.

You have no idea what you would have done.  At that time, what would usually happen is that you would go spend a few days somewhere hot.  That was before the used airliners as cruise missiles.

The same would not happen now.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 11:08:15 AM EDT

yes, I mock it.

Thanks, AOA.  

We're not mocking "the incident", we're mocking the wild overreaction to the presence of a hunk of sharp metal, especially when contrasted with the near-total aversion to carefully screening folks of certain persuasions who disproportionately commit terrorist acts.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 11:12:45 AM EDT

yes, I mock it.

Thanks, AOA.  

We're not mocking "the incident", we're mocking the wild overreaction to the presence of a hunk of sharp metal, especially when contrasted with the near-total aversion to carefully screening folks of certain persuasions who disproportionately commit terrorist acts.

Careful you don't step on a feeling there.

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 11:13:22 AM EDT

Originally Posted By LARRYG:

Originally Posted By Specop_007:

No, it just goes to show the times have changed.

You have no idea what you would have done.  At that time, what would usually happen is that you would go spend a few days somewhere hot.  That was before the used airliners as cruise missiles.

The same would not happen now.

Then why is that even though times have changes, people still fear the boxcutter? Why does the government panic over boxcutters? Because they still expect us to cower before those who wield power. They don't really want us to resist on our own. Now that, I can't explain.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 11:31:49 AM EDT
I picked the wrong day to quit sniffing glue.
Top Top