Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/26/2003 4:46:44 PM EDT
A team from Consultant's International is planning a foray into Mexico to physically rescue Duane "Dog" Chapman, the bounty hunter who captured vicious fugitive rapist Andrew Luster and has been left to rot in a Puerto Vallarta hell hole by the USG.

CI has been contracted to spring the Dog. Want in on the team? How could you help, what can you bring to the table to help? How would you do it?

Note to Mods and Feds - the above is fiction, I don't even know if a company like CI exists, this is just an exercise. Thank you for your attention...

Link Posted: 6/26/2003 4:49:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 4:51:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I had a little encounter with the Puerto Vallarta Shore Patrol last Christmas. They were totally untrained and lax and if Dog couldn't escape from them, he deserves to rot.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 4:54:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 4:56:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Damn, I was hoping that was real.  It's just not right.  They don't even try to enforce our laws and send criminals back, yet they are going to balk and bitch until we turn over a bounty hunter???  Screw that, wish someone would break him out.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 5:27:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I thought he was out of custody, but was told not to leave Mexico.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 5:41:51 PM EDT
[#6]
I thought they already let him go??  Going to a shit hole country to rescue a convicted felon who was chasing another convicted felon for a reality TV crew is not very high on the list of shit to do.

He looks like he will do ok in a Mexican prison. He just has to keep his sountern borders from being violated.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 5:47:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 5:48:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Just as I want foreigners in the US to obey our laws, Americans should obey Mexican laws when in Mexico.  There's no bounty hunting there.  US warrants don't travel there.  So he should have known, and probably did know, that what he did there was legally kidnapping.  So why should I want him busted out of jail?  I mean I'm glad he busted a rapist and all, but there were other ways he could've done it, like paid a Mexican cop to do it, or reported it to a Mexican cop, etc.  

The US is unique with the various private rights of enforcement we have, e.g., repossession, bounty hunting, citizens arrests.  
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 5:53:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Just as I want foreigners in the US to obey our laws, Americans should obey Mexican laws when in Mexico.  There's no bounty hunting there.  US warrants don't travel there.  So he should have known, and probably did know, that what he did there was legally kidnapping.  So why should I want him busted out of jail?  I mean I'm glad he busted a rapist and all, but there were other ways he could've done it, like paid a Mexican cop to do it, or reported it to a Mexican cop, etc.  

The US is unique with the various private rights of enforcement we have, e.g., repossession, bounty hunting, citizens arrests.  
View Quote

Dude, there's noone here that you are trying to brown nose.  Maybe Mexico is just truly a fucked up place and they don't recognize that this guy was scum.

Most likely they're prosecuting the bounty hunters for removing a lucrative revenue source.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 6:05:59 PM EDT
[#10]
He is actually under house arrest in a very nice hotel across the street from the jail.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 6:40:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Had a cousin held down there for about six months last year on possession of gun parts. He's a missionary down there and during a vehicle inspection gun parts were found. Never heard exactly what the parts were but he is an avid shooter. 35K later he was a free man with the charges dropped and his truck back.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 6:44:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 7:24:48 PM EDT
[#13]
80% of illegal drugs that enter the U.S. come in through Mexico, and they're wasting their time with Chapman?  He got a convicted rapist out of their country.  It's just another example of how backwards and f*cked up Third World countries are.

-----------------------------------------------
How would you do it?
-----------------------------------------------

Promise to buy a pound of coke from one of the choir boy guards.  Although, ironically, the coke would get here faster than Chapman would.    
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 7:26:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Trade him for Snoop Dogg?

ED
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 7:51:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Dude, there's noone here that you are trying to brown nose.  Maybe Mexico is just truly a fucked up place and they don't recognize that this guy was scum.

Most likely they're prosecuting the bounty hunters for removing a lucrative revenue source.
View Quote

No brownnosing here.  Like we hate the UN, they're suspicious of the US down there.  It's a violaton of their sovereignty if US folks come down there and break their laws.  That's why they like to bust gringos that don't make the adjustment to Mexican laws. How would you like it if a bunch of people from Saudi Arabia came here and tried to marry 4 women.  We'd bust them for bigamy too.  

(I do think they're hypocrites, though, for knowingly sending so many illegals our way).  
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 8:21:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 8:55:19 PM EDT
[#17]
WTF?! 35K?
In Russia, you can give a cop $20 and hell let ya get off with just about anything short of murder.

Give every guard there $50, and you can prance right through with just about anything/anyone you want. Everywhere but the border.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 9:00:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Can I bring the Napalm?[bounce]

Can I?
Can I?  Can I?  Can I?  Can I?  Can I??  Can I?  Can I?  Can I?  Can I?  Can I?  Can I?  Can I?

Huh?
Can I?

edited so I can Take the Fifth
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 10:01:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Had a cousin held down there for about six months last year on possession of gun parts. He's a missionary down there and during a vehicle inspection gun parts were found. Never heard exactly what the parts were but he is an avid shooter. 35K later he was a free man with the charges dropped and his truck back.
View Quote

Was he ever on the news?  There was a guy that was caught with a few shotgun shells that he forgot to unpack in a trip to mexico.  That was all over the news for a while until they let him go.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 10:15:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Pack his ass full of narcotics and I guarantee you he will end up here somehow.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 10:59:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Does this plan involve gratuitous violence and/or sex?[):)]
Did I ever mention that the [i]Wild Bunch[/i] was one of my favorite movies?[shotgun]
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 4:44:59 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 5:12:54 AM EDT
[#23]
The way it was reported in the uk (not by aunty beeb) was that Dog was waiting for the FBI to "smooth some ruffled feathers" over the violations and then he was coming home.

Jeeze I saw the guys website, I wouldn't want to "violate his southern borders"... erm, that didnt come out right... not that I would anyway...

Ah, here we are (turn the speakers down before clicking, you'll see):
http://www.dogthebountyhunter.com/

Probably not to be messed with

/Phil
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 10:54:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Hmm, what would a 21st century [i]Wild Bunch[/i] carry?

I am thinking Benelli M1S90s, M4 Carbine, and M1911's. And Interceptor vests and K-pots. The latter would clear up the one thing wrong with the final shoot out- the Mexicans were shooting at them with 03 Springfields. They couldn't of absorbed that many .30/06 rounds each and stayed on their feet, nor would those wooden tables they were hiding behind offered any protection.

the badguys this time? Mexican police.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 11:06:25 AM EDT
[#25]
But...that [b]MULLET![/b]

Egad!
[img]http://www.dogthebountyhunter.com/cover905-1.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 11:17:34 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Was he ever on the news?  There was a guy that was caught with a few shotgun shells that he forgot to unpack in a trip to mexico.  That was all over the news for a while until they let him go.
View Quote

Nope, my cousin's story didn't make the news. That was another guy. From what I heard my cousin had bought some parts (probably 1911) from a guy in Sierra Vista and had forgotten about them in his truck for a couple of weeks. He drove down to Nogales to have his truck inspected for some sort of Mexican tags for an upcoming mission and the parts were discovered. My family greased every wheel they could to get him out in a hurry and it still took six months and $35,000. He actually enjoyed the experience and was preaching to other prisoners.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 3:08:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
A team from Consultant's International is planning a foray into Mexico to physically rescue Duane "Dog" Chapman, the bounty hunter who captured vicious fugitive rapist Andrew Luster and has been left to rot in a Puerto Vallarta hell hole by the USG.

CI has been contracted to spring the Dog. Want in on the team? How could you help, what can you bring to the table to help? How would you do it?
View Quote

You mean there aren't any high speed, low drag guys planning to redecorate the inside of that jail and ask Dog how it looks from the outside?

Sounds risky. Getting a weapons chache across the border, or getting one on the other side of the border would be tough.

Keeping the element of surprise, till those boys are hooked up. Sounds a little bit easier.

Making the getaway after theres no longer a need for the element of surprise? Why that almost sounds like the reward for pulling off the first two steps of the rescue attempt.

Link Posted: 6/27/2003 4:24:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Sounds risky. Getting a weapons chache across the border, or getting one on the other side of the border would be tough.
View Quote

Its Puerto Viarta. Get a hold of a yacht. Send takeover party and weapons by sea. Send 2-3 unarmed people by normal means ahead of time to scout, take pictures, get local police radio frequencies. Yacht sails down, launches raid team ashore in Zodiacs, advance section picks them up in rented trucks. Do raid. Reverse procedure to get out. Once outside 12mi limit dump weapons and ammo into ocean. If USCG stops you they might take your friend Dog into custody, but under these circumstances Mexico probably won't be able to get a US court to extridite him and its doubtful they would even try. BTW Mexico disbanded its navy a few years ago as a economy measure, so any pursuit beyond the 12 mile limit would have to be by request to the US Coast Guard.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 4:34:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Duane Chapman is a piece of shit who embodies everything rotten about the profession and he gives REAL Bail Enforcement Agents a bad name.

He's a convict for Chrissake!!! He can't even OWN a gun. Let him rot![flame]
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 4:43:50 PM EDT
[#30]
The guy is stupid. Go into another country and grab someone. Stupid.
GG
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top