Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/27/2001 7:28:45 PM EDT
I know of two good places to go where you can shoot what ever you want and as long as you do it safely and clean up after yourself you will not get hassled. Anyone interested e-mail me directly and I will give you directions and more info. They are both about 20-25 minutes outside of Placerville ( that's east of Sacramento, CA ). These are both recognized plinking areas by the USFS.

[email protected]
Link Posted: 5/28/2001 11:48:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 6:46:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Mcwarrior and I have gone several times with our AR's with no problem. And as a matter of fact, I was told about these places by a member of the local gun club I am a member of  who is a recently retired USFS enforcement officer who is an advocate of private AW ownership[:)] He also runs a once a month program called PLINK where volunteers from the club go to various known plinking areas up here in the forest to clean up the trash the inconsiderate leave behind. Anyone interested in helping out and seeing where they can go plinking is always welcome. They typically meet at the USFS information center in Camino Heights right off Hwy 50 outside of Placweville the third ( 3rd ) sunday of each month at 9 am. You can check the clubs calender on line at:
[url]http://www.hangtown.com/rodandgun/[/url]
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 10:13:42 PM EDT
[#3]
the news said today that someone up near susanville was target shooting and started a forest fire
hear about this ? any believe it was a shooter?
Link Posted: 5/29/2001 11:45:07 PM EDT
[#4]
LAGunman2K,

Yeah, I also heard several times that it was a recreational target shooter that accidentally started the fire. It was repeated several times to emphasize that a shooter started it.

No details, but it may have been a black powder rifle.
Link Posted: 6/2/2001 4:23:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks Rob,
Maybe we could get an over night thing there with a few members.
Andy
Link Posted: 6/2/2001 11:56:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 11:18:41 AM EDT
[#7]
I keep hearing about how steel jacketed ammo can cause fires. I don't doubt there would be a spark when striking a rock BUT does anybody have any real evidence that a bullet has ever started a fire?  Links to a study, etc.
I've been doing some searching and haven't been able to find anything substantial.

Possible urban legend stuff here?
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 10:12:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 2:57:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Any of those places near PiPi valley?
[img]http://www.petenelson.com/Photos/Vacations/Camping/PiPi%20Valley%2C%20May%202001/Shooting/Exploding%20Soda.jpg[/img]

Link Posted: 6/9/2001 5:26:43 PM EDT
[#10]
sfoo
I don't know exactly where Pipi Valley is but they probably aren't too far from there. One of them is off of North-South Road not far from 88.
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 5:33:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/10/2001 9:46:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Troy,
How do you know that it was the ammo that started the fire?  

Edited to let everyone know that I've moved my question to the General Discussion area.
Link Posted: 6/10/2001 10:53:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/10/2001 9:13:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Pthfndr,Mechandy - why not move this over to the "Meeting&Events" part of the forums?  Would be nice to get something going like the guys in SoCal have done up here in NoCal.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top