Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 6/3/2010 3:41:08 PM EDT
The sickest thing I can think of to ruin a pizza is putting freakin fruit on it.
Whoever came up with the idea of putting PINEAPPLE on a hot bed of cheese, tomato sauce and crust should be caned!

The only thing close to this evilness is putting vegetables on a pizza, or those puke "SHITcago" style loafs of bread with sauce. Freakin gross.

Pizza is thin to medium crust with meat. Period.
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 3:41:48 PM EDT
Pineapple pizza is awesome.  Your loss if you can't appreciate the wonderful combination of sweet and salty.
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 3:42:10 PM EDT
They do that for profiling purposes.
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 3:42:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/3/2010 3:43:37 PM EDT by wormgod]
i'll take a large, thin crust, with chicken and extra cheese.

or my killer B combination.  beef, bacon and black olives.  almost a guaranteed heart attack there.
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 3:42:51 PM EDT

Originally Posted By FlipperTau:

The sickest thing I can think of to ruin a pizza is putting freakin fruit on it.

Whoever came up with the idea of putting PINEAPPLE on a hot bed of cheese, tomato sauce and crust should be caned!

The only thing close to this evilness is putting vegetables on a pizza, or those puke "SHITcago" style loafs of bread with sauce.
Freakin gross.

Yeah....the uh, pineapple....just disgusting.

Probably invented by a preganant woman....and then some libber caught on to it...

the rest is history.

Link Posted: 6/3/2010 3:44:20 PM EDT
AMEN, PREACH IT, BROTHER!!
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 3:44:55 PM EDT
Originally Posted By desertmoon:

The only thing close to this evilness is putting vegetables on a pizza, or those puke "SHITcago" style loafs of bread with sauce. Freakin gross.

Probably invented by a preganant woman....and then some libber caught on to it...

the rest is history.

This.  Pineapple on a pizza is a communist plot, plain and simple.  

Link Posted: 6/3/2010 3:45:20 PM EDT
Tomato is a fruit.

Link Posted: 6/3/2010 3:45:27 PM EDT

the rest is history.

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 3:45:40 PM EDT
Back in the early 80's, Pizza Hut in San Bernardino, Ca offered a pizza with chicken and cashews. Sounded gross, but damn it was good!
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 3:46:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/3/2010 3:46:27 PM EDT by blackhawk35440]
I don't want it on every pizza, but I do enjoy a pineapple and bacon from time to time

ps, tomato is a fruit

Link Posted: 6/3/2010 3:46:26 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Greenhorn:
Pineapple pizza is awesome.  Your loss if you can't appreciate the wonderful combination of sweet and salty.

Link Posted: 6/3/2010 3:46:37 PM EDT
Pineapple and ham on a pizza is great! You guys have a juvenile palate.
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 3:47:06 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Soylent:
Tomato is a fruit.

Yeah. How many pineapples are ground up into a sauce with garlic, oregano and spices for a pizza?
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 3:48:22 PM EDT
Sorry, but I really love pineapple and Canadian bacon pizzas. I usually add olives, too (green is best).

Link Posted: 6/3/2010 3:50:43 PM EDT
i also like bacon on my to go with pineapple
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 3:51:01 PM EDT

tomato is a fruit. and so are you.
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 3:51:04 PM EDT
Pineapple with canadian bacon is an excellent pizza, especially with some hot sauce on top!

Link Posted: 6/3/2010 3:52:35 PM EDT

The only thing close to this evilness is putting vegetables on a pizza, or those puke "SHITcago" style loafs of bread with sauce.
Freakin gross.

You're not looking for pizza....what you want is meatloaf...

Link Posted: 6/3/2010 3:53:07 PM EDT
A pizza place near the hospital I used to work at would open for breakfast just for those of us getting off night shift.  They made a "hawaiian" pizza (their name, not mine).  It had canadian bacon, pineapple and maraschino cherries.  The first time I saw one I thought "eeewww gross!!".
Then I tried a piece.  It was actually pretty good once you got past the idea of cherries on a pizza.
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 3:53:38 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 3:53:43 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Subnet:
Sorry, but I really love pineapple and Canadian bacon pizzas. I usually add olives, too (green is best).

Pineapple and Canadian Bacon is a great combination just not when your drunk
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 3:56:46 PM EDT
Hot peppers are fruits, too - and I damn sure like those on my pizza!
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 3:57:29 PM EDT
I do not like "Hawaiian" pizza.

Chicago style is OK, but far from my favorite.

Give me a NY-style hand tossed pie every time.
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 3:58:13 PM EDT
Hawaiian pizza sucks.
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 3:58:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/3/2010 4:02:30 PM EDT by PlaidAlert]
The only thing close to this evilness is putting vegetables on a pizza,

I like pineapple on a pizza enough. I prefer green pepper and onion.
Oops, wait, those are vegetables. Oh, no wait, green peppers are a fruit.
But a tomato is a fruit. But you're saying it isn't once it's sauced, so that's alright then. Apparently tomato sauce is meat, because vegetables and fruit are gross.

Most boring pizza ever. Not even sure it's pizza. A piece of bread with meat on is not pizza.

This thread confuses me in various ways ;^; Are you sure you're talking about pizza?

Because pineapple beef jerky sandwich does sound pretty disgusting. So I guess I gotta agree with you there.
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 3:59:27 PM EDT
Sausage and pepperoni! FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 3:59:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/3/2010 4:02:35 PM EDT by orangelo]
0/10

ham and pineapple belong together, even on a pizza
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 4:02:46 PM EDT
Tomato is a fruit.

Link Posted: 6/3/2010 4:04:41 PM EDT

Originally Posted By PaintItBlack:

Pineapple and ham on a pizza is great! You guys have a juvenile palate.

Juvenile? That's the only pizza my 7yo likes.

Link Posted: 6/3/2010 4:05:41 PM EDT
I took my gf to Modern Pizza in New Haven CT.  Easily one of the top 10 pizza restaurants in the nation.

One of the first thing the gf does is complain that pineapple isn't listed on the menu.  I face palmed.  Of course she is midwest born and raised where good pizza doesn't exist with the exception of Chicago deep dish, but that pizza is a completely different beast.
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 4:07:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/3/2010 4:09:48 PM EDT by BeerPimp]
Well I am not a fan of Hawaiian pizza but....  If you are able to make it to the November brewery tour for Empyrean brewing company.  They make a Thanksgiving Lahvosh pizza that is awesome.   It has turkey, mushrooms, squash, cranberries, and Havarti cheese.  It goes awesome with beer.  They don't sell it at their restaurant they only make it for the brewery tour.

Link Posted: 6/3/2010 4:11:25 PM EDT
Originally Posted By epnurse:

the rest is history.

This.  Pineapple on a pizza is a communist plot, plain and simple.  

this
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 4:13:36 PM EDT

Tomato is a fruit.

Not for purposes of interstate commerce.  

US Supreme Court - Nix vs. Hedden, 1893.

Link Posted: 6/3/2010 4:19:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/4/2010 6:14:56 PM EDT by cmjohnson]
Extra cheese and double pepperoni on the thinnest crust that can support it, please.
Alternatively,  pepperoni and bacon on a thin crust.  Awesome.
I'll accept reasonable quantities of any of these toppings on my pizza:
Mushrooms

Bell peppers

Jalapeno peppers (very small amount)

Onions

Black olives

Pork sausage

Pepperoni

BACON!!!!!!!!!!

ALMOST any kind of cheese

I do not care for:

Beef (Just not enough flavor for a pizza topping)

Ham

Pineapple

Barbecued pork

Barbecue sauce

Anchovies or ANY kind of fish

Spinach or any salad ingredients other than tomatos (in the sauce) and onions.

Non-traditional cold cuts should also not be on a pizza though they may be excellent otherwise.

CJ

Link Posted: 6/3/2010 4:19:32 PM EDT

Pineapple, jalapeno and pepperoni .

Its good.
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 4:19:55 PM EDT
God never intended for pineapple to be cooked.  

Link Posted: 6/3/2010 4:24:08 PM EDT
ANCHOVY!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 4:26:58 PM EDT
Originally Posted By blackhawk35440:
I don't want it on every pizza, but I do enjoy a pineapple and bacon from time to time
ps, tomato is a fruit

This, or pineapple and ham.
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 4:27:51 PM EDT

Fail.  Canadian bacon+pineapple=ultimate win
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 4:31:50 PM EDT
You have to balance the pineapple with jalapenos.  Cheese, peperoni, jalapenos, pineapple.  It's damn good, but holy shit it's turns my stomach into a furnace.  Better have some rolaids or something on hand.

AND I love deep-dish pizza.
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 4:41:30 PM EDT
I'm going to go ahead and contribute to the "heresy" here.

Pineapple + Canadian Bacon = fucking WIN
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 4:41:35 PM EDT
I like to have mine with a homemade tomato sauce, fresh basil, fresh mozzarella cheese, and proscuitto.

Tomato sauce
––––––––––––––––––––-
1 large package of cherry tomatoes
1 large clove of garlic mashed to a paste
1/2 tsp dried oregano
Olive oil, extra virgin
Salt and pepper to taste

Coat the tomatoes with a little olive oil and salt and pepper and grill the tomatoes till they have good color and are soft.  When done put in a bowl and add your garlic and oregano.  Mash to a nice thick consistency.  Salt and pepper to taste if needed.

I use pre-made crust.  Spread tomato sauce on crust, add fresh basil and mozzarella.  Bake till delicious.  Add proscuitto to the top right before cutting.  Enjoy.

And I'll put whatever I damn well please on my pizza damnit!  
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 4:41:50 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Subnet:

It is a travesty how few pizza places have green olives.

Link Posted: 6/3/2010 4:43:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/3/2010 4:43:41 PM EDT by 3Trip]
Whoever came up with the idea of putting PINEAPPLE on a hot bed of cheese, tomato sauce and crust should be caned! Bowed down to and worshiped as the one true god of food

Fix'd
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 4:47:49 PM EDT

Tomato is a fruit.

It may be a fruit, but you won't find it in many fruit salads...

Link Posted: 6/3/2010 4:49:48 PM EDT
Pineapple and Canadian bacon FTW.
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 4:51:57 PM EDT
My gf like pineapple on hers.

I don't care for it.
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 4:52:10 PM EDT
Can you even get a decent pizza in Commieforniastan? I almost ate at the California Pizza Kitchen. Goat milk cheese pizza, balsamic fag pizza. Hipsters and skinny jean douchebags shoulder to shoulder. Its like the Starbucks of pizza joints. Pure faggotry.

What chu got against Hawaiian style pizza brah? Ham and pineapple fookin rules.
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 4:52:42 PM EDT
Originally Posted By VACaver:
Back in the early 80's, Pizza Hut in San Bernardino, Ca offered a pizza with chicken and cashews. Sounded gross, but damn it was good!

one of the best pizzas I've ever had was Chicken, garlic, artichoke heart.
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 4:53:10 PM EDT
Its a free country but pineapple on pizza is retarded. It might be good in order to enhance shit pizza but it sort of defeats the purpose of eating really good pizza.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Top Top