Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/21/2008 2:20:36 PM EDT
Last weekend I attended the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix. It is held on the 300 acre grounds of Schenley Park - with racing running on the curvy and heavily-wooded park roads and the huge vintage and modern car exhibitions held on the large rolling hills of the park - each marque nationality on its own field. I attend many races, vintage races, car exhibitions, councours, car enthusiast events etc - but this was the largest single gathering I have personally seen. I think the gate is about 200,000 people over the ten day event. I counted roughly 80 Ferraris in the Italian field.

As a continuation in the series of car enthusiast event photo essays - here are some photos from the event.   This thread are attendee/exhibitor cars.  The racing car thread is here:  Link

Enjoy!

The Italian field:

TR

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 2:22:22 PM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 2:59:49 PM EDT
[#2]
British Field:

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 3:02:53 PM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 3:04:26 PM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 3:05:58 PM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 3:51:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Saving the best for last.

This authentic Morris Cooper was towed into the Mini field behind a modern Mini Cooper (in a pack of ~100 Minis).  The engine has been removed and a BBQ grill slides out to make it a propane-fired BBQ grilling party car!

Link Posted: 7/22/2008 3:18:15 AM EDT
[#7]
60- 70's Italian cars.
CW thanks again. Great pics as usual.
Can't wait until the next event.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top