Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/18/2006 10:01:12 PM EDT
I just got back from a vicious dog call tonight.  The notes of the call that were relayed to us was that a pit bull had been shot with a BB Gun, and was now in the bathroom.  Several people were attacked, and one is seriously injured.  An ambulance is enroute.  

When I got there, I found the homeowner, a woman in her 40s, lying on the livingroom floor, bleeding from bite wounds.  I learned quickly that the dog had been dispatched with a Mosin Nagant M38, not a BB Gun.  It seems the caller was speaking faster than she could think, and just blurted out "BB GUN."  

After the dog had begun aggressively jumping on the caller (18 yr old female), and biting at her jacket, she was aided by the woman of the residence and the girl's boyfriend (woman's son.)  The dog turned on the two of them, and all hell broke loose.  The dog had them both in the bathroom, and was biting the woman all over.  The son only had a few wounds on his forearm.  A friend of the son was in the son's room, and retrieved his rifle, loaded it, and handed it out the bedroom door to the son.  The son aimed and fired at the back of his dog, which was latched onto his mother.  The dog collapsed instantly upon being hit by the 7.62X54R SP projectile, and died.  

Warning!  The last two pictures will be of a dead, bloody, Pit Bull.  I'm warning you now, in case you are a dog lover and will cry about it.  

The woman was taken to the hospital with 17 puncture wounds to her upper and lower legs.  Not all the wounds are shown in these photographs.  The pictures were taken after she had been transported to the hospital, and had gotten them cleaned up.  At the scene, blood was everywhere, soaking her pants she was wearing.

The rifle used was a Mosin Nagant M38, shown below.

And lastly, the dead dog.  I feel no remorse for the animal, as it was a vicious dog.  The man stated to me how, "this dog had never attacked her before."  I asked, "her?"  His resonse was that it had attacked other people, and couldn't be around their other pit, as it would jump on it and bite it.  This was a dog that needed killing.  Too bad its owners had to learn the hard way.

Here's the entry wound:

And here's the sight I took in when I looked into the bathroom, where moments before the dog had the lady on the ground, and was fighting off the son and her husband.

I made copies of the pictures for my brother-in-law.  He brought home a Pit not too long ago, and now I find myself over at the in-laws around one of these animals.  It is the sweetest lap dog you'll ever see, but it's jaws can cause untold damage if unleashed.  My young son goes down to visit them quite often, and I have a huge problem with him being near that dog.  Past behavior is not always an indicator of future behavior, and with something as precious as my family's lives and safety, why risk it?  I just want to show what happens when they snap.  Of course, these folks got off EASY!  With a firearm nearby, and a cool-headed friend who knows how to "load and make ready", the situation ended a LOT better than it could have.

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:02:45 PM EDT
[#1]
One less pit bull, awesome
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:04:33 PM EDT
[#2]
one less piece of shit with a piece of shit
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:04:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Well that's the first Pitbull I liked seeing
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:06:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Damn that's some pretty thick looking blood.
My friend tells me their blood smells disgusting.

That's a pretty powerful round for so close but you got to do what you got to do.

Sorry to maybe sound insensitive but did the round go straight through the dog and cause damage to the flooring below or did the dog absorb all of that round?

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:08:20 PM EDT
[#5]
nice rifle
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:08:26 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Sorry to maybe sound insensitive but did the round go straight through the dog and cause damage to the flooring below or did the dog absorb all of that round?

Nothing to be sorry about, fixing the flooring is much more expensive than the dog was worth for sure.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:09:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh!   He's resting now.  

I like pitbulls the same way I like cats, which is dead.

EDIT---Oh yeah. Nice legs, except for the whole Dracula thing she's got going on.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:09:16 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

That's a pretty powerful round for so close but you got to do what you got to do.

I agree, I hope the flooring is ok
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:09:18 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
One less pit bull, awesome

That was the Animal Control guy's response as well.  He had to remove the dead animal.  He much prefers to remove them dead, than alive!  

I was racing balls to the wall trying to get there in time.  My notes simply said it had been shot with a BB gun, and was attacking people in the house.  I bailed out with high-grade "dog spray" in one hand, and ready to draw and shoot it with the other.  I was dissapointed to learn it had already been killed, but it just meant less paperwork for me!  
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:10:26 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
i3.photobucket.com/albums/y95/jerrellwise/DeadDog.jpg

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh!   He's resting now.  

I like pitbulls the same way I like cats, which is dead.

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:10:48 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm sure they were provoking it because it wouldn't have just attacked for no reason.  Pit bulls are just loving companions.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:11:13 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I'm sure they were provoking it because it wouldn't have just attacked for no reason.  Pit bulls are just loving companions.

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:11:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:12:21 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I let the A/C guy remove the dog, and I had a report to write.  I didn't stick around to inspect the floor.  I did think about it back at the station, and wondered the same.  I suppose it went through and through, but who knows.  It was a soft point bullet, but at nearly contact distance.  

OH, and the blood is NASTY smelling!  I've never smelled anything like it.  
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:13:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Owners fault... thats all.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:13:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:13:57 PM EDT
[#17]
There was another Pit attack in Milwaukee yesterday too.

Way to keep a cool head and deal with it on the shooter's part.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:16:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Well damn.  They shot the dog before the police got there.  

It's nice that they were able to put this dog down before it escaped and hurt or killed someone outside.  I know two people who have had their dogs mauled by pitbulls, they always try and tear the throat out.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:17:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Man.... If you have a vicious dog get it euthenized!

6000$ emergency room visit....

100$ Nagant rifle.......

$1000 One very fat Psycho Pit Bull dead on your Bathroom floor....

Not learning the first time the dog bit someone... Priceless.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:17:26 PM EDT
[#20]
it's jaws can cause untold damage if unleashed. Past behavior is not always an indicator of future behavior, and with something as precious as my family's lives and safety, why risk it? I just want to show what happens when they snap.

EXACTLY!!!!

I've got my popcorn out waiting for the Pit lovers.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:18:21 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
it's jaws can cause untold damage if unleashed. Past behavior is not always an indicator of future behavior, and with something as precious as my family's lives and safety, why risk it? I just want to show what happens when they snap.

EXACTLY!!!!

Animals bred for agressiveness have no place as a  family pet.  

If you want to keep one for yourself, you better not let it escape, and don't let it around small children.  
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:19:03 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Actually, they blamed their nephew.  He somehow mistreated it along the way.  My point is, if it was any other dog, the victim would just have simple bite wounds.  With a pit, you run the very high risk of death or VERY serious bodily injury.  The anatomy of their jaws make them nearly impossible to pry open, and they instinctively go to thrashing once latched on.  If it wasn't for the quick response of the son and his friend, that dog would have continued ripping her to pieces.  That's the same woman who feeds it, gives it treats, bathes it, etc...  

I can't imagine ever having to put down my Shih-Tzu like that.  Even IF my son were to torment it.  Same with other large breed dogs, OTHER than the pits.  Good ones are out there, but it's like having a domesticated Bear for a pet.  You can, but WHY?
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:19:30 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

EXACTLY!!!!

Animals bred for agressiveness have no place as a family pet.  

+1
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:20:23 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

EXACTLY!!!!

Animals bred for agressiveness have no place as a family pet.  

+1

Fixed it before you did.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:22:21 PM EDT
[#25]
I know a couple of weeks or months ago, some were defending pit bulls and I know they will say all dogs can attack, but my wife works in the veteranary field and knows a thing or to about dog breeds and she always tells me that you never trust them, that they will turn on you in a heartbeat.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:22:59 PM EDT
[#26]
That M38 being discharged in the bathroom must have made one helluva blast.

Yikes.  My ears are ringing just thinking about it.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:23:06 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

EXACTLY!!!!

You mean the people that start comparing pits to guns?  I hate that argument.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:25:08 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
That M38 being discharged in the bathroom must have made one helluva blast.

Yikes.  My ears are ringing just thinking about it.

That was what the others in the house were saying!  "It was like a cannon going off!"  YUP!  I have a M44 Mosin Nagant, and always enjoy "touching off" some rounds!  BOOM!  
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:26:35 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

EXACTLY!!!!

I have been waiting for someone to do so.  Let me say right now that is an INVALID argument.  Dogs are living creatures with a mind of their own.  Guns are not, so please spare the bullshit.  
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:29:09 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

EXACTLY!!!!

I have been waiting for someone to do so.  Let me say right now that is an INVALID argument.  Dogs are living creatures with a mind of their own.  Guns are not, so please spare the bullshit.

Liberals would disagree with that.  
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:33:28 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

EXACTLY!!!!

And that's the problem.  When the dog decides to bite you, there isn't much you can do to stop it.  At least my AR15 only fires when I want it to.

I still believe that Pits are predisposed to aggression.....it's what they were bred for.  Most people are probably too ignorant about animals to responsibly raise a APBT.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:34:58 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually, they blamed their nephew.  He somehow mistreated it along the way.  My point is, if it was any other dog, the victim would just have simple bite wounds.  With a pit, you run the very high risk of death or VERY serious bodily injury.  The anatomy of their jaws make them nearly impossible to pry open, and they instinctively go to thrashing once latched on.  If it wasn't for the quick resonse of the son and his friend, that dog would have continued ripping her to pieces.  That's the same woman who feeds it, gives it treats, bathes it, etc...  

I can't imagine ever having to put down my Shih-Tzu like that.  Even IF my son were to torment it.  Same with other large breed dogs, OTHER than the pits.  Good ones are out there, but it's like having a domesticated Bear for a pet.  You can, but WHY?

Thats mostly true, I see where your coming from.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:36:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Pit attack in Seattle today. Jumped a fence and mauled a lady, bit the owner too. Cops shot it.
Good shoot, good riddance, good irony, good lawsuit.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:37:10 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Well that's the first Pitbull I liked seeing

+1

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 11:26:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Just ask any animal control officer what breed they have the most problem with.I did and was shocked to find out it was Pits.I told her she must be mistaken because I had been assured on ARFCOM that they were lovable little critters that wouldn't hurt a flea.Shouldn't everybody have a family pet that was bred to fight to the death.What better companion for your kids than an animal that if it snaps, can kill them quickly.

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 11:37:50 PM EDT
[#36]
I'm simply amazed at the number of idiots, here included, that think because a dog or something else likes to play fetch, it is a family member.  It's an animal fucksticks, and always will be.  Never forget that.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:10:25 AM EDT
[#37]
I cannot and will not make any claims about any other pits out there, but I do know one that I will trust with my son.

My friend picked him up from a ghetto auto service place.  He was about three and the Mexicans that worked there sold him for 20 bucks since, their words, "he won't fight.  He likes the little kids."

That was 1997 and now he has few teeth left and had never in the past nine years shown any aggression to his owner, me or any strangers.  From the day I met the dog, I could take a fresh bone out of his mouth with no problem.  BTW it took him a month or so learn english.

I an not making any claims about others out there and not being an apologist or defender, just relating a story about this dog.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:19:47 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
I cannot and will not make any claims about any other pits out there, but I do know one that I will trust with my son.

My friend picked him up from a ghetto auto service place.  He was about three and the Mexicans that worked there sold him for 20 bucks since, their words, "he won't fight.  He likes the little kids."

That was 1997 and now he has few teeth left and had never in the past nine years shown any aggression to his owner, me or any strangers.  From the day I met the dog, I could take a fresh bone out of his mouth with no problem.  BTW it took him a month or so learn english.

I an not making any claims about others out there and not being an apologist or defender, just relating a story about this dog.

I'll agree here... Not all dogs from vicious dog breeds are like the one from the OP's story. I have a SharPei who you COULD NOT get to show any agression. He literally cowers the instant he's confronted by even a small child. Point is, he's considered a vicious dog in some states, but our experience has shown him to be a perfect family pet. Our Neopolitan Mastiff was another story though... I don't think the Mastiff was even considered a "vicious dog."
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:27:14 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
The anatomy of their jaws make them nearly impossible to pry open, and they instinctively go to thrashing once latched on.

You played tug-o-war with many dogs? I've never seen one that didn't thrash around when it's teeth are closed on something aggressively. As for the dog being more aggressive than any other dog, they outright stated it had attacked other people in the past. They even stated the dog was abused. Add those two factors to any dog and you'll get an aggressive dog, I don't care what the breed is.

My own lab bit my eye when I was 5, nearly rendering me blind. I was gently petting him like always. Turned out kids had been coming around throwing rocks at him while everyone was at work and he was now scared of kids.

I've been bitten by a total of three dogs in my life. One was my own lab, the other two were golden retrievers. Both the retrievers "thrashed about" once latched on, tearing the wounds badly. Scars have lasted 20+ years.

I don't especially care for pit bulls, but I also don't believe they're any more likely to snap by virtue of their breed than any other dog. The only thing driving the bite factor up is the class of people likely to own one. Unfortunately pit bulls are probably the most abused and poorly raised dogs around. It works out bad for everyone including the dog.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:33:10 AM EDT
[#40]
I bet Fluffy never bit or bothered anybody before this happened.

At least this one decided it would act out it's true nature on some full grown adults instead of some child like they usually do.

One more down, so many more left to be shot.

ETA: There should be laws in place that when someones so called pet attacks and injures are human being the OWNER of said animal should go to jail.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:33:26 AM EDT
[#41]
pitbull escapes from apartment in Seattle, mauls old lady, then the owner
More Pitbull attacks. The cops shot this one too.
Another dead piece of shit, the old lady needs hundreds of stitches
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:45:46 AM EDT
[#42]
Blood has a distinctive smell.  Especially if its old and rotting.   It gets real thick real fast and will feel just like liver.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:46:08 AM EDT
[#43]
I would shoot the beast with a handgun but if the owner didn't carry any at the time of the attack, so be it and kill the mad dog with whatever they have at arms reach.
I'm a dog lover but I won't hesitate if it starts attacking me or any other innocent human being.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:51:23 AM EDT
[#44]
pit owners i have a question, while i gernerally beleive that all dogs can be great pets, Do pit bulls require any type of special care or attention to be good pets,

yesterday there was an aggressive pitbull at the dog park, that was bullying other dogs and casueing a few fights untill it got put on its back by my husky.  the owner had no ambition to control his dog, and essentially let it bully other dogs it untill it got to mine. then he started crying to me about "your dog should be out there, its too aggressive", my response, Ive been here for two hours with no fights, you show up and with in five minutes there are 4 fights. he didnt say anything and just let his dog jump on a rich girl hollding her long hair chiuaha

i have four friends who have great pits, but i tend to see all types of goofs like this with uncontrolable pits
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:55:05 AM EDT
[#45]
her legs aren't too bad looking for a woman in her 40's...
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:57:03 AM EDT
[#46]
Those are classic pitbull teeth wounds.  They are about the size of a nickle to a quarter and are about and inch deep.  Its interesting because of the large holes.  They look like almost like bullet holes but just dont bleed as much.

You cant sew them up because they will get infected.  You have to clean them out best you can and sometimes put them on antibiotics.

You have to let them heal from the inside out and they need pretty good wound care so they dont get infected.

What is worse is a human bite.  Much more infectious and nasty then any pitbull.

I had a 5 yo that was playing in a yard.  The neighbors pitbull jumped the fence and bit the kid in the leg because he was running around.

Same wounds.  The neighbors didnt want it killed but the ER doc told the LEOs in the ER that we needed to get the dog tested for rabies.  They went to the house and did what LEOs do.  Shot it and brought it in.  Its a good thing because the dad of the kid would have done it anyway.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:07:28 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Well damn.  They shot the dog before the police got there.  

One of mt old friends got bit by one a few weeks ago.  I'm surprised he didn't shoot it.

Dog takes bite out of cop during drug bust
CHARLES W. KIM, Register Citizen Staff
02/28/2006

TORRINGTON - A city police officer was bitten by a pit bull while trying to protect its owner during a drug raid on Wall Street Feb. 23, according to police.

The dog bit Police Officer Doug Brennan on the arm while he tried to arrest Dyan Brague, 38, 125 Wall St., during a raid of the home.

"He returned to work the next day," Lt. Todd Schaller said Monday. "He is fine."

Police from the Special Emergency Response Team entered the home with a search and seizure warrant looking for narcotics at 6:45 p.m. on Feb. 23, Schaller said.

When they went into the house, Brauge allegedly ran into the bedroom, Schaller said.

Brennan was bitten in the bedroom while trying to apprehend Brague, Schaller said.

"Brauge subdued the dog and put it into the bathroom," Schaller said.

Schaller said police found 30 bags of what they believe is marijuana in the home, carrying an estimated street value of $300.

Brauge was charged with sale of marijuana and having an unlicensed, unvaccinated dog.

She was later released on $5,000 bond and is scheduled to appear in Bantam court on March 3.

Brennan was treated and released from Charlotte Hungerford Hospital later on Feb. 23.

Assistant Dog Warden Mary Albano arrived at the home and removed the dog to the pound where it remains under quarantine, Schaller said.

The investigation is continuing.

Schaller said an incident like this is not unusual.

"You never know what you are going to find (when executing a warrant)," Schaller said. "Our intelligence did not know about the dog."
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:18:24 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
pit owners i have a question, while i gernerally beleive that all dogs can be great pets, Do pit bulls require any type of special care or attention to be good pets,

yesterday there was an aggressive pitbull at the dog park, that was bullying other dogs and casueing a few fights untill it got put on its back by my husky.  the owner had no ambition to control his dog, and essentially let it bully other dogs it untill it got to mine. then he started crying to me about "your dog should be out there, its too aggressive", my response, Ive been here for two hours with no fights, you show up and with in five minutes there are 4 fights. he didnt say anything and just let his dog jump on a rich girl hollding her long hair chiuaha

i have four friends who have great pits, but i tend to see all types of goofs like this with uncontrolable pits

There's the rub.

Pits, like other large breed dogs like Rotts, Dobies, etc tend to attract  scum owners in some places, who have no idea how to raise a dog like this. The dogs are often abused and then something like this happens.

Dogs like this require more attention/training than your normal dog. People who aren't willing to put in the time and effort to properly train the dog will yield a good family pet.

Ask me how I know.

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:22:45 AM EDT
[#49]
some people like to learn things the hard way. For every 10 stories I hear about how nice and friendly their pit is then I hear 1 story like this.

If you own a pit you are sitting on a time bomb.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:24:08 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There's the rub.

Pits, like other large breed dogs like Rotts, Dobies, etc tend to attract  scum owners in some places, who have no idea how to raise a dog like this. The dogs are often abused and then something like this happens.

Dogs like this require more attention/training than your normal dog. People who aren't willing to put in the time and effort to properly train the dog will yield a good family pet.

Ask me how I know.

photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=32919

Yep. All the idiots hating pits for no reason other than what they see in the paper, yet willing to bleet out "sheep" at a moment's notice. I've raised two pits. They are just dogs like any other.  If they are mistreated, they'll go bad on you, like most other dogs.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top