Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/2/2011 1:34:27 PM EDT
Is there such a thing? I can`t even find aftermarket stocks of any kind for these things. If any of you guys can point me in a direction, I`d appreciate it.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 1:42:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Good luck!! When I was looking for a regular replacement stock for mine, all I could find was some dude in Oregon who had unfinished stocks for sale for $200.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 1:45:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Seriously?
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 1:48:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I did not even know of this guns existence.  That is actually pretty neat.  To bad it only holds 4 rounds.  A semi auto 44 magnum carbine that could hold 7-10 rounds would be pretty dang cool.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 1:49:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Deerfield Carbine? Good luck.

I've wanted one of those for ages, but in their infinite wisdom, Ruger stopped making them and 22 WMR 10/22's.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 1:53:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I did not even know of this guns existence.  That is actually pretty neat.  To bad it only holds 4 rounds.  A semi auto 44 magnum carbine that could hold 7-10 rounds would be pretty dang cool.

Same thoughts here... it looks like a 10/22 on steroids.

Link Posted: 2/2/2011 1:53:19 PM EDT
[#6]
need moar pics

Link Posted: 2/2/2011 2:14:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 2:19:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 2:29:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

It would be costly but you could hog out the std rotary to hold a Desert Eagle mag body . I always hoped Ultimak would make a rail for it too.

Link Posted: 2/2/2011 2:33:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It would be costly but you could hog out the std rotary to hold a Desert Eagle mag body . I always hoped Ultimak would make a rail for it too.

I made a rail for one a few weeks ago.. what a PITA..
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 2:40:43 PM EDT
[#11]
No idea about a pistol-grip stock, but if you have the older tube-fed gun you should be able to retrofit a 10/22 stock. The 10/22 was actually designed as a companion to the .44 carbine –– they have the same LOP, sights, etc. The 10/22 Tech Sights will also work on the older .44s, FWIW.

I've got one (the tube fed one) as does everyone at my deer shack. Story from Ruger's gunsmiths (who will still work on one if you send it in) is that they are not a long-lasting design and they were tough to make reliable. Too much variance in ammo, I'd guess, and whiny people who shoot LRN or wadcutters in them and never clean them (they are a pain to field strip and clean).  Lead from the bullets will clog the gas ports.

They do wear out (much like the Remington 740-series autos) and when they're dead they're dead. I shoot mine sparingly. Mine shoots about 4MOA with Hornady LeverEvolution, as long as you wait 5 minutes between shots.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 2:42:45 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That would be cool, and I'd probably buy one at that point.

Until then....I'll pass.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top