Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 4/8/2006 1:41:12 PM EDT
I found this guy on Ebay that's selling forgeries of actual diplomas for things like the SF "Q" course, sniper school, Ranger school, etc. I contacted Ebay to complain about it as it falls under (or at least it should) their prohibited items, at least the way that I'm reading it, and in the end they did absolutely nothing about it. I e-mailed the guy that was selling them and his explanation is that he's doing all vets a favor by supplying them with certificates that they may have lost.

BULLS**T!!! Anyway, his name on Ebay is it8u. If you'd care to compain to Ebay please feel free. Maybe, just maybe we can get them to stop allowing people to sell false military awards and honors on their website.

Robert
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 1:47:01 PM EDT
I'm not sure there is anything illegal about owning (or selling) a fake diploma, unfortunately. I think it's only criminal if someone tries to USE it to impresonate a servicemember.

It's probably like lockpicks and stuff like that - not illegal to sell, but obviously many uses of it are illegal.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 1:52:48 PM EDT
Why not complain about the people who send you broken merchandise, or at the least, won't include any packing materials in it if you decline insurance.

I've been burned on that little scam once. It was a few relatively inexpensive items, but I mean DAMN! He sent it with NO packing materials at all. All in a big flimsy USPS envelope where they could slam around for the whole trip.

WTF!!
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:27:03 PM EDT
I've never had anything arrive broken. I've had a few things that weren't packed well and just by dumb luck they didn't break though.

It just pi**es me off to see these kind of things for sale to anyone that wants to claim that they've got team time. I as well as many others worked our a**es off for every diploma, certificate, and award that we got. I'm not trying to sound like some kind of elitist whiner...I'm just plain ticked!
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:32:31 PM EDT
I doubt that he sells many and if he does you have to think that some 20 year old with Ranger certs will get looked at a bit differently.
I searched for my jump coin on there and didnt see one though, wonder how much I could get for it
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:38:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/8/2006 2:41:51 PM EDT by hanau]
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:41:46 PM EDT

Originally Posted By hanau:
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZit8uQQhtZ-1QQfrppZ50QQfsopZ1QQfsooZ1QQrdZ0?

Thanks, that's him. Though I've got to admit that the Heavy Metal magazine cover has some appeal.

Scum bag extraordinaire...and in the e-mail that he sent me when I complianed he claimed to be a disabled veteran that had been to Ranger School, the "Q" Course...
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:43:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/8/2006 2:43:54 PM EDT by jpman7]

Yea, but he's also selling this!
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:58:50 PM EDT
that is where John Kerry got his Purple Hearts.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 3:00:14 PM EDT
the bonus is that on the back, there is a secret recipie for jerky!
Top Top