Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2005 8:36:15 AM EDT
FUCK yes.

Discuss.

Why the hell do they have to put out the previews for it eight months before it comes out? I saw Narnia last night, and they had the preview, and I'm all like "Wooo!" And then it says "July" and I'm like "WTF mate?" Fucking kangaroos.

Seriously, if anything, it looks a lot better than the first one. Which is saying something. Say all you want about Johnny Depp, he's a good actor.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 8:37:47 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
FUCK yes.

Discuss.

Why the hell do they have to put out the previews for it eight months before it comes out? I saw Narnia last night, and they had the preview, and I'm all like "Wooo!" And then it says "July" and I'm like "WTF mate?" Fucking kangaroos.

Seriously, if anything, it looks a lot better than the first one. Which is saying something. Say all you want about Johnny Depp, he's a good actor.

LMAO I havent seen that anim for a while.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 9:09:41 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
FUCK yes.

Discuss.

AHHHHH MOTHERLAND!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 9:10:18 AM EDT
[#3]
argh!
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 9:54:54 AM EDT
[#4]
"But I'm le tired..."

"Well, take a nap....then FIRE THE MISSILES!!!!"

End of the world
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 9:56:30 AM EDT
[#5]
I'd much rather see Keira Knightly's chest. But that's just me.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 10:02:18 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Watch Domino and you can
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 10:05:52 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
FUCK yes.

Discuss.

AHHHHH MOTHERLAND!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 12/18/2005 10:08:25 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
FUCK yes.

Discuss.

I check it out in IMDB, and it does look promising.  The writer & director team who worked on Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (2003) is also working on
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (2006).  This is encouraging, many times in Hollyweird, there are different writers, directors, and producers working on different versions of a "film franchise," and it may or may not have the look and feel of the previous movie.

Right now the movie industry needs all of the good news it can get.  Making movies is an expensive endeavor and they are in slump, with superstar actors making $20 million per picture and super movie directors such as Steven Spielberg making 25% of the gross.  So for a big name studio movie to turn a profit, their  movies must gross hundreds of millions of dollars.

There are also movie trailers in the above links if anyone is interested.

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (2006)

Plot Outline: Jack owes an unpaid debt to Davy Jones and his army of sea-phantoms...his soul. Now, he must find a way to save himself from becoming one of them, and suffering forever.

ETA: The original cast is also returning in the new movie:
Johnny Depp     .... Captain Jack Sparrow
Orlando Bloom .... Will Turner
Keira Knightley  .... Elizabeth Swann
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 10:16:31 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Watch Domino and you can

No you can't, but you will see a nice body double
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 10:34:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Anyone know more on the 'rumor' of Keith Richards playing his father in the movie?
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 10:36:00 AM EDT
[#11]
On a side note: Narnia SUCKED really bad.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 10:42:11 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Watch Domino and you can

No you can't, but you will see a nice body double

+1. I don't know whose (very nice ) chest it is, but it isn't Keira Knightly's.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 10:48:45 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Anyone know more on the 'rumor' of Keith Richards playing his father in the movie?

Yep, not a rumor, that is true according to IMDB from the link above:

Trivia: Rolling Stone Keith Richards was set to make a cameo appearance as the father of Captain Jack Sparrow but Richards had to pull out of the project due to his commitment with the Rolling Stones world tour. Johnny Depp had previously said that his performance was based on Richards. (more)
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 11:07:46 AM EDT
[#14]
The big bald Black Pirate in the first movie was played by my brother's college roommate (Isaac Singleton) ..I vistied them on occasion on Spring Break back in the 80's...nice dude...big fucker made James Earl Jones sound like a girl though
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 11:17:14 AM EDT
[#15]
"One day, we decide those Chinese sons of a bitches are going down."  

That flash cartoon pwnz.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 11:22:07 AM EDT
[#16]
PotC 2 is in the post-production stage.

Pirates of the Caribbean 3 (2007) is currently filming, and with the same director and writers PotC 1 & 2.  This should be exciting.

Verbinski is shooting select scenes for PotC 3 as he shoots PotC 2

For all you Keira Knightley fans, check out her extensive bio, pretty interesting.  Note her involvement in Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999) was kept a secret by Lucas.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 11:25:06 AM EDT
[#17]
It's just a silly movie for God's sake, why are you getting so excited.  Put your time to things more valueable and educational
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 11:29:43 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
It's just a silly movie for God's sake, why are you getting so excited.  Put your time to things more valueable and educational

There's something out there more educational than movies? No shit? Tell me of this wonderful activity.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 11:33:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 11:48:09 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
On a side note: Narnia SUCKED really bad.

NOT true.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 11:49:46 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Echoes of Seventeeth century Puritanism in THAT post; can't do anything recreational, ya know.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 11:54:46 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

What else is better to do than to gossip on the internet.  Actually, I've learned a lot just by hanging around ARFCOM.  We've got a lot of experts on everything here. Besides I have no life outside of ARFCOM.

Quoted:
For all you Keira Knightley fans, check out her extensive bio, pretty interesting.  Note her involvement in Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999) was kept a secret by Lucas.

BTW: Keira Knightley is only 20, and she's got 28 credits to her acting career, pretty impressive in my book.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 11:58:39 AM EDT
[#23]
watch the jackett if you wanna see her flopping around naked.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top