Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2002 8:28:58 AM EDT
I was under the impression that it was illegal to to "pin open" a telestock and then install it on a post ban rifle. "Too easily converted back" was the reason why. Even Blind pins I read right here on the forum were not good enough. So when I was explaining to a fellow who wanted to build a post ban carbine, I said you have to get one of the full length buffer tube look a like stocks to be legal. He Had a collapsible and was going to pin it open.
So, the other day I am nosing through a gun shop (a favorite activity of mine) and I see a DPMS Panther Lite sitting on top of it's box just after it had been unpacked. Now I just glanced at it with no real interest till I saw the buttstock and what looked to be a collapsible tele stock. Upon further examination I discovered it was a collapsible telestock that two blind pins had been driven through the plastic stock into the track on the bottom of the buffer tube. I thought this was not kosher. Does anyone know for sure?

IPSC_GUY sends
Link Posted: 9/25/2002 10:48:52 AM EDT
[#1]
If it's out of the box from DPMS then I'd go with them. They have a lot more to lose so would spend the required time getting approval.
Link Posted: 9/25/2002 4:26:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top