Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/25/2002 8:28:58 AM EDT
I was under the impression that it was illegal to to "pin open" a telestock and then install it on a post ban rifle. "Too easily converted back" was the reason why. Even Blind pins I read right here on the forum were not good enough. So when I was explaining to a fellow who wanted to build a post ban carbine, I said you have to get one of the full length buffer tube look a like stocks to be legal. He Had a collapsible and was going to pin it open. So, the other day I am nosing through a gun shop (a favorite activity of mine) and I see a DPMS Panther Lite sitting on top of it's box just after it had been unpacked. Now I just glanced at it with no real interest till I saw the buttstock and what looked to be a collapsible tele stock. Upon further examination I discovered it was a collapsible telestock that two blind pins had been driven through the plastic stock into the track on the bottom of the buffer tube. I thought this was not kosher. Does anyone know for sure? IPSC_GUY sends
Link Posted: 9/25/2002 10:48:52 AM EDT
If it's out of the box from DPMS then I'd go with them. They have a lot more to lose so would spend the required time getting approval.
Link Posted: 9/25/2002 4:26:52 PM EDT
Top Top