Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/3/2009 4:37:18 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:41:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Thats why you dont let people play with your guns.

I actually allowed a friend to examine my AR.  

I checked it and it was unloaded and held open.

I heard the bolt slam home and he had reinserted the mag and loaded a round.

The dumbass fucker didnt even know it was ready to fire at that point.

Lesson learned.  If you are going to allow people to handle your weapons you need to supervise carefully.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:47:24 AM EDT
[#2]
boom.

headshot.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:48:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
boom.

headshot.

That's so wrong...

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:50:04 AM EDT
[#4]
"went off"

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:50:06 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm having a hard time visualizing accidentally shooting yourself in the head with an SKS.

Was he inspecting the bore while his finger was on the trigger or what?
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:51:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:51:58 AM EDT
[#7]
That'll leave a mark.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:54:14 AM EDT
[#8]
I can think of better things to do rather than finger fuck with a loaded SKS @ 3 a.m......

Some folks must be practicing up for the season opener of the Darwin Awards.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:58:01 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

That'll leave a mark.

IIRC an SKS round can go in your foot and come out your head......Or was it go in your head and out your foot?...

No really, I remember reading it in a news story. It was a quote from a cop too..........

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:01:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:02:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Lesson learned.  If you are going to allow people to handle your weapons you need to supervise carefully.

Had a buddy do the same thing to me many years ago. Had the rifle there and a mag sitting on the table , in walks one of his other buddies grabs rifle and mag ,drops bolt and points it at the guy then raises the rifle and proceeds to put a round through the roof of his dads house. I was just walking back into the room when I saw him do this from across the room. Took all of about 5 seconds to almost kill someone and put a hole in a roof.

Not cool at all.

Since then if someone wants to see a weapon, mag is removed and the weapon is cleared multiple times and I keep the loaded mags.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:03:22 AM EDT
[#12]
I think someone may have broken a "couple" of the Four Safety Rules.

Sarcasm:  Dumb ass probably broke all 4 rules.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:09:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:12:25 AM EDT
[#14]
"playing with an SKS assault rifle,"

/  
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:12:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:39:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Closed casket?
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:42:27 AM EDT
[#17]
I have a "regular"  SKS.

Where can I get Me one of them thar "assault rifle"  versions?

The Ol' Crew Chief
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:43:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'm having a hard time visualizing accidentally shooting yourself in the head with an SKS.

That's what I was wondering.  

It's bad enough someone points one at someone else and kills them, but why the fuck does ANYONE voluntarily point the gun at themself.  Hell, I don't even like checking the bore, unless it's clean off the damn rifle so I can look down the breach end.  Yes I know you have to sometimes, but that is during the process of cleaning, or buying something and I need to check for issues.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:45:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I have a "regular"  SKS.

The Ol' Crew Chief

I heard they take banana clips.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:46:00 AM EDT
[#20]
@ 3:00am, was alcohol involved?
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:46:36 AM EDT
[#21]
**Playing Devil's Advocate here**
mine had a slamfire one time after I reassembled it, but damn, who's putting their head in front of the muzzle.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:53:12 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

/  

QFT
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:58:36 AM EDT
[#23]
managing to get a loaded rifle up to your head and then pull the trigger on it somehow while it is still pointed at said melon is a level of fucking stupid that just ached to be removed from the planet in the first place.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:00:00 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
**Playing Devil's Advocate here**
mine had a slamfire one time after I reassembled it, but damn, who's putting their head in front of the muzzle.

In the .mil, I used to see dumb shit Soldiers sitting down resting their head on the muzzle of their M16 sometimes.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:00:08 AM EDT
[#25]
I hope he hadn't reproduced yet.
                                                     - Darwin
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:22:36 AM EDT
[#26]
Assault rifle?

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:26:03 AM EDT
[#27]
and DARWIN once again proves his theory.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:26:17 AM EDT
[#28]
I think every state in the South has a town called Pineville (pronounced PAHNvull).
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:27:13 AM EDT
[#29]
good shoot
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:27:28 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Had a buddy do the same thing to me many years ago. Had the rifle there and a mag sitting on the table , in walks one of his other buddies grabs rifle and mag ,drops bolt and points it at the guy then raises the rifle and proceeds to put a round through the roof of his dads house. I was just walking back into the room when I saw him do this from across the room. Took all of about 5 seconds to almost kill someone and put a hole in a roof.

Not cool at all.

Since then if someone wants to see a weapon, mag is removed and the weapon is cleared multiple times and I keep the loaded mags.

When people are at my place my gun is in my room with the door closed.  If they go in my room without asking, they get told off.  If they touch my gun without asking, they're out the door.

Really, as the gun owner, it's your responsibility.  You shouldn't have a loaded mag laying near a gun if you aren't standing there watching them.  If all you're doing is showing off a gun, don't have any mags near it.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:38:39 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

If anyone wants to see my guns I remove the mag, clear the chamber and lock the bolt back and hand it to them WITHOUT a loaded magazine.  I dont ever hand over a loaded magazine.  

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:41:24 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

You know, loading an SKS isn't exactly the simplest process in the world, even with a stripper clip....so either the dumbfuck loaded the weapon or some other dumbfuck was handing around a loaded weapon.

Oh, and SKSes are cool. I love mine.

well, unless it was the M type with the detachable mag.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:45:17 AM EDT
[#33]
It's hard to dig up much sympathy on these types of stories.

Maybe if all schools had required gun safety classes in Health/Gym class for young ones, we'd see much less of this kind of shit.

Eddie Eagle FTW.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:56:59 AM EDT
[#34]
I don't even have words...
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:00:26 AM EDT
[#35]
people can't play with your guns if they are in your safe
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:05:18 AM EDT
[#36]
lol....."SKS assault rifle"
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:09:00 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

...Pineville, Louisiana? Probably went off pointed at his head with someone else's finger on the trigger. Probably not the most popular guy locally. Probably crossed up with someone and it was payback time...Pineville, Louisiana

Pineville, Louisiana
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:12:34 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

/  

and that surprises you.......

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:13:25 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

good shoot

That brought a smile to my face just before having to sit through a 3 hours earnings call...

ETA - Very sad someone died, but I believe Darwin had something to do with it

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:13:44 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I'm thinking he was twirling it or something equally stupid.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:15:24 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I can think of better things to do rather than finger fuck with a loaded SKS @ 3 a.m......

Some folks must be practicing up for the season opener of the Darwin Awards.

Do you think maybe alcohol could have been involved?
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:19:59 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:22:35 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

I have a "regular"  SKS.

The Ol' Crew Chief

let tapco fuck it.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:24:12 AM EDT
[#44]
Just good ol Darwin at work.
Not that it has any bearing what-so-ever but ill put $20 down that it was a Yugo.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:25:40 AM EDT
[#45]
Whats with all the SKS hate in the news?  Not too long ago it was posted a guy's family was suing Norinco because his SKS failed to exctract a live round and sent the tip of the next round into the primer, killing him.  I'm willing to bet $100 the SKS wasn't maintained properly, but its stuff like this that makes me wonder why people hate on Murray's firing pins.

Edit:" I don't have any proof from the article it slamfired, it could just be some dipshit behind the trigger.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:38:57 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Pineville man killed in accidental shooting
Town Talk staff • November 3, 2009

The Pineville (LA) Police Department has ruled the shooting death of a Pineville man as accidental, following an investigation into the Sunday incident.
The victim was identified as 19-year-old Michael Lichtey of Pineville.
A number of people were gathered around 3 a.m. Sunday at a residence in the 900 block of Retreat East, near the Veterans Affairs Medical Center in Pineville, when they began "playing with an SKS assault rifle," witnesses told police. When the gun was in Lichtey's possession, it went off and shot him in the head, police reported.
The Pineville Police Department investigation indicates there was no foul play, authorities said, and police are waiting for the autopsy report from the Rapides Parish Coroner's Office.
http://www.thetowntalk.com/article/20091103/NEWS01/911030337/1002

The rifle did what?
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:01:29 AM EDT
[#47]
The first red flag was that this happened at 3:00 AM
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:05:16 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
You know, loading an SKS isn't exactly the simplest process in the world, even with a stripper clip....so either the dumbfuck loaded the weapon or some other dumbfuck was handing around a loaded weapon.

Oh, and SKSes are cool. I love mine.

I like mine, too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top