Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 12/7/2003 11:56:31 PM EST
In my neck. Throbbing pain in shoulder, going down my arm. What to do?Accupuncture maybe?
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 11:59:24 PM EST
Time to head to your local alchemist and pick up some medical grade leeches.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 4:29:44 AM EST
Try a chiropractor. I thought they were quacks, til I finally went for my lower back, which went out every few months for the last 10 years of my life. 2 years later, not once. I have carried half kegs, moved a refrigerator, and lifted a car off a jack the fell down in the last few months without a single back problem. I assume I just found a good chiropractor, but it was worth it.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 4:35:33 AM EST
A shot of morphine will help. [:D]
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 5:05:35 AM EST
Maybe cold or heat. Check webMD to see which one is applicable for your symtoms.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 5:06:41 AM EST
Ditto on the chiropractor, aka DC. The MD will give you Flexeril and some anti-inflamatories and rip you for a CAT scan and none of it will do you a damn bit of good. Call a good chrio, not the one with the biggest and flashiest advet. Ask around among your friends. An alternative is a PT, physical therapist, but you usually have to have a referreal for that. The difference between a PT and a DC is a PT can prescribe drugs and a DC can't. Go for the chriprator, they have done more for my muscoskelatal problems than any MD ever could.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 5:11:03 AM EST
+1 for Chiro
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 5:24:35 AM EST
A pinched nerve in my neck is what made me a believer in chiropractors.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 5:34:23 AM EST
[Last Edit: 12/8/2003 5:37:26 AM EST by LWilde]
What caused it? Before you visit the DC, I recommend you take a minute to consider some alternatives. I injured my neck many years ago (football) and am now looking at reconstructive surgery. I suffer from the same symptoms that you describe...and more. The reason you are feeling pain in your neck is because one or more of the nerves branching out from the spinal column down your arm is being impinged upon by the bones in your cervical spine. Like I said...why? Did somebody drop a piano on your head? Depending on your age, some forms of arthritis...bone spurs...can cause your symptoms. Alternatively it could be something else...but that is why you need to see a specialist. You need to see a neurosurgeon before you see the DC...and here's why: Occasionally, some of us are born with certain congenital "problems" in our spinal column that can cause you to suffer a terrible injury if your neck is twisted or impacted in certain ways. Some folks (me included) have spinal vertebrae defects. In my case, the hole through which the spinal column central nerve travels is too small. That is, the gap between the big nerve (You know...that one that if hurt causes you to die or be paralyzed?) and the bones is too small. So small in fact that the spinal nerve is easily hit and bruised. In my case for example, after reading my MRI and X-rays, my neurosurgeon told me that if I got in an auto accident that involved "whiplash" from virtually any direction, OR if I let a DC try to "adjust" my cervical spine, I could very well be either killed outright or be a quadraplegic for the rest of my life. He also said that I'm lucky to be walking now...after four years of banging my linebacker head on other people! (No wonder I got all those "stingers"!) Don't mess with this. See a specialist...now.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 6:20:25 AM EST
Chiros are great....if you cam find a good one. I have had years of back and nerve problems and will tell you what I have learned. 1st: You need an X-ray at the very least, probably an MRI. With out these pictures of what is going on inside your body nobody will know for sure what really is going on. 2nd: Find a specialist who knows what the fuck he is doing. Chiros aren't specialist, they just [i]think [/i]they are. 3. Accupuncture works wonders, but there is two types. CHinease, which focuses on the nerves thru out the body. And Japanease, which focuses on the nerves and muscle in the area that is causing problems. ( I prefer Jap) 4. Chiroprators rarely have long term lasting affects since they never actually solve the problem, just temporily relieve the problem. The same is true for accupuncture. On a MD can find out the true cause of the problem and offer a somewhat permant solution. 5. Once you have nec\k/back problems they rarely (very rarely) go away permantly, that area becomes a weak spot on your body. SO in short, my advise is go to a REAL Doctor that specializes in backs/spine and get some x-ray/MRI work done. Or goto a chiro and bitch to me in 3-4 weeks because it hurts worst and you still don't know whats wrong. Good Luck Sgtar15
Top Top