Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2001 5:38:19 AM EDT
New to the site and wanted to share some pics with everyone. Pigs were taken with a Colt Car 6724.
[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1776710&a=13737214&p=53953540[/img]
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?[img]u=1776710&a=13737214&p=53953540[/img]

[%(]
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 5:53:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Son, I believe we call them 'boar' here in Texas, so as not to confuse the Yankees, who may be thinking 'feral hogs', which your's are clearly not!

At the main gate to my farm in Foard County, I've got a boar's skull mounted, with some pretty evil-looking tusks displayed!

Eric The(Trapper)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 6:27:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Hey Shooter... NICE BOARS! Where in TX did you get them? I've been wanting to hunt boar for quite some time. Problem is they don't like it when you shoot the kind we have here in NE. Wouldn't be much of a challenge "hunting" them in a hog pen anyway.
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 6:33:35 AM EDT
[#3]

Crawford/Valley Mills, Central Texas.

Quoted:
Hey Shooter... NICE BOARS! Where in TX did you get them? I've been wanting to hunt boar for quite some time. Problem is they don't like it when you shoot the kind we have here in NE. Wouldn't be much of a challenge "hunting" them in a hog pen anyway.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 6:48:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Eric the Hun, could you fill us in on the difference of "boar" and "feral hogs"
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 7:26:11 AM EDT
[#5]
So, how do you cook them?
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 8:08:59 AM EDT
[#6]
mairnate them in your choice of sauce and grill . or a slow cook crockpot works great.

Quoted:
So, how do you cook them?
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 1:57:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I call them feral hogs, a boar to me is a feral hog with a penis. A sow has a vag. Some people call them russian boars, but to me they are all the same & equally worthless.
GG
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 2:08:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Is or was that an invitation?
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 2:15:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

I guess. You eat pig penis[;)], Knock you socks off.
GG
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 2:39:10 PM EDT
[#10]
The way it was explained to me is a wild boar is a real,honest to goodness wild animal. A feral hog is the descendant of an escapee from a live stock situation. The ones we have in Florida are said to be grandkids of swine that came over with guys like Ponce DeLeon and his bunch.
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 2:51:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Gun Guru:
Quoted:
View Quote

I guess. You eat pig penis[;)], Knock you socks off.
GG
View Quote

To go pig hunting in Texas smartass. [;D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top