Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/14/2001 8:04:33 AM EDT
I was wanting some pictures or preferably videos (.avi .mpeg) of the "Daisy Cutter" bomb, and it's devastation.  

Thanks!  :)
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 8:30:41 AM EDT
[#1]
See the link for information and pictures.

[url]http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/dumb/blu-82.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 8:34:05 AM EDT
[#2]
The bomb is the BLU-82/b.  That's the bomb's name.  The long fuse that causes the bomb to detonate just above the ground is the "Daisy Cutter."
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 7:05:46 PM EDT
[#3]
The long tube is not the fuze.  It is a fuze extender. The M904 fuze is on the front of the fuze extender.  The fuze extender allows the fuze to detonate the bomb before it penetrates the ground.  Daisy Cutter is an unofficial nickname for the entire system.
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 7:14:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Dave_G  The long fuse that causes the bomb to detonate just above the ground is the "Daisy Cutter."
View Quote

Dave_G,
The "long fuse" is far too much a generalization.  Precisely how long is a "long fuse" and how in the world does an ill defined long fuse (Fuze to you) allow the bomb to detonate before it penetrates the ground ?

Sounds as if you're not really familiar with this bomb.
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 7:44:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Fer the love of Pete, have a sense of humor!

FWIW I'm not very familiar with the bomb either, but I think that the Bin Ladin Boys are getting more familiar... They should be experts soon.  

I could sure figure out what DaveG was talking about.  It wasn't like the guy was giving a lecture at Swarthmore or something.  

The earliest that I've seen of them hung on ordnance was off of Skyraider-toted 500lb bombs in SE Asia.  

Link Posted: 12/14/2001 8:28:15 PM EDT
[#6]
EOD_Guy,

Yup, fuze extender, not long fuze.  My misquote of some obscure military web site.  The site also described the fuze/fuze extender as the "Daisy Cutter," not the bomb, and some retired general-turned-talking-head on TV confirmed it.  Maybe we both looked at the same site. [;)]

I defer to your expertise.
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 8:37:50 PM EDT
[#7]
I remember when I was 15 and my brother and I went rollerskating in Midland, Mi. I accidently bumped into this really hot chick and I apologized. She kicked my skates out from under me and I fell on my ass! The rest of the night we gave each other the finger until the last slow skate, I asked her out. We ended up exchanging fluids in the backseat of my Mom's car while my brother and his girlfriend went into McDonalds. It took five minutes.

You two are so in love! Admit it!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top