Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/21/2010 9:39:12 PM EDT
Seems like the more classes I go to, the more crap I have to add to my belt.  Was wondering if anyone would be willing to post how their gun-belts are setup, pictures would be great.
I have a 36" waist..... which is rather small for cops in this area

Starting at center, working clockwise (updated, after a ton of playing around, I like this setup the best):  

-Mag Pouch (Horizontal, open towards 12-o-clock)

-Metal Keyring Clip (yes, I know not as tactical as the plastic/silent keyrings)

-Glock w/ light

-Baton (Impact weapon required by dept regs)

-OC (4oz can, required by dept regs)

-Nitrile glove pouch

-T.A.R.P. Pouch (Used to keep this around my "strong side" ankle, and not in a pouch.... till it tore a few pairs of pants going over fences)

-SOG Multi Tool (This thing has come in handy so many times, I can't justify removing it from my belt)

-Stinger LED

-Radio

-Jet IIIM (Think Surefire 6P size)

-Double Cuff Pouch

-Taser

-Double Cuff Pouch (moved to other side of taser.... taser interferes with cuff flap when closing it - opening is a smooth draw.  Lesser of all other evils)

Yes, these all some how fit on my belt, I have enough room for keepers and that's about it.  The taser is setup for a cross-draw and is canted at an angle where I can sit without it hitting me in the stomach or groin.  I realize I don't need to carry 2 flashlights... but two is one and one is none on the night shifts.  I've had to lend a light to a co-worker clearing buildings before when their light dies.... or use the second when mine died mid search.
Some guys with room to spare, carry ar15 mags on their belts.... I end up using an "active shooter bag" which allows me to carry even more gear when I need my rifle. (That or I throw the mags in my weak side cargo pocket where my "cut gloves" are located)...... oh yeah, on my strong side cargo pocket I keep a department cell phone and some other small paperwork items.

Link Posted: 6/21/2010 10:09:34 PM EDT
[#1]
My Photobucket Fu is week, so I'll describe:

Bianchi Accumold Elite belt
Tactical Tailor Suspenders
Bianchi Accumold TLR-1 light pouch
Bianchi Accumold .45 single stack pouch (Perfect for my Leatherman Wave. I cut and shaped a piece of the plastic that came with the pouch on the Bianchi placard and folded it down into the bottom of the pouch, Leatherman fits perfectly now)
BLACKHAWK SERPA duty holster, Level 2
Bianchi Accumold 21" ASP pouch
Two Bianchi Accumold cuff cases
Bianchi Accumold radio holder with elastic clip
Bianchi Accumold Deftech MK4 OC pouch
BLACKHAWK SERPA left handed TASER holster, in basketweave (For off-hand draw)
Bianchi Accumold double .40 caliber double stack open topped mag pouch

ETA: Starting at front right side of belt  buckle while wearing it and going clockwise, ending at the front buckle again
Link Posted: 6/21/2010 10:42:09 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

My Photobucket Fu is week, so I'll describe:

Bianchi Accumold Elite belt

Tactical Tailor Suspenders

Bianchi Accumold TLR-1 light pouch

Bianchi Accumold .45 single stack pouch (Perfect for my Leatherman Wave. I cut and shaped a piece of the plastic that came with the pouch on the Bianchi placard and folded it down into the bottom of the pouch, Leatherman fits perfectly now)

BLACKHAWK SERPA duty holster, Level 2

Bianchi Accumold 21" ASP pouch

Two Bianchi Accumold cuff cases

Bianchi Accumold radio holder with elastic clip

Bianchi Accumold Deftech MK4 OC pouch

BLACKHAWK SERPA left handed TASER holster, in basketweave (For off-hand draw)

Bianchi Accumold double .40 caliber double stack open topped mag pouch

ETA: Starting at front right side of belt  buckle while wearing it and going clockwise, ending at the front buckle again

How do you like the off hand draw of the Taser?  That's something I'm thinking about....  I'm a bit too cheep to buy a left handed holster just to not like it later.

Link Posted: 6/21/2010 11:06:24 PM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 6/21/2010 11:55:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Currently at work, so no time to take a good pic of my rig, so here it goes (placeholder for pic):

Belt laid down on floor, from L to R:

-Bianchi Double mag Holder (positioner horizontally)

-ASP 21" Collapsible Baton o breakaway Scabbard

-Surefire 6P LED on leather scabbard

-Utility Pouch (with 4 pairs of Nitrile Exam Gloves)

-S&W Model 100 Handcuffs on Bianchi leather Cuffcase

-HK P2000 (.40 S&W) on Safariland 6280 Level II Holster

-Metal Keyring Clip (leftover from ym previous job as a Corrections Officer with BOP), holding my cuffkey and access keys

-Can of Sabre Red Pepper Foam on a leather holster

The only item missing is my PRD (Personal Radiation Detector), which I have been working with CBP for a year and a half and still haven't had one issued to me yet. We are working to see if we can actually get Tasers issued to us, but that's still in the works.

(Passport...  No Passport? *BZZZZZZZT!!!*
)
Link Posted: 6/22/2010 12:07:29 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Seems like the more classes I go to, the more crap I have to add to my belt.  Was wondering if anyone would be willing to post how their gun-belts are setup, pictures would be great.

I have a 36" waist..... which is rather small for cops in this area

Starting at center, working clockwise:  

-Mag Pouch (Horizontal)

-Metal Keyring Clip (yes, I know not as tactical as the plastic/silent keyrings)

-Glock

-Baton

-OC

-Nitrile glove pouch

-T.A.R.P. Pouch (Used to keep this around my "strong side" ankle, and not in a pouch.... till it tore a few pairs of pants going over fences)

-leatherman (This thing has come in handy so many times, I can't justify removing it from my belt)

-Stinger LED

-Radio

-Jet IIIM (Think Surefire 6P size)

-Double Cuff Pouch

-Taser

Yes, these all some how fit on my belt, I have enough room for keepers and that's about it.  The taser is setup for a cross-draw and is canted at an angle where I can sit without it hitting me in the stomach or groin.  I realize I don't need to carry 2 flashlights... but two is one and one is none on the night shifts.  I've had to lend a light to a co-worker clearing buildings before when their light dies.... or use the second when mine died mid search.

Some guys with room to spare, carry ar15 mags on their belts.... I end up using an "active shooter bag" which allows me to carry even more gear when I need my rifle. (That or I throw the mags in my weak side cargo pocket where my "cut gloves" are located)...... oh yeah, on my strong side cargo pocket I keep a department cell phone and some other small paperwork items.  

Mine is set up pretty much like yours, except I don't have a taser.    I don't really want one, as I've been able to keep everything off of my back except the skinny glove pouch.

Starting at belt buckle working around clockwise;

-Double Cuff Pouch

-Keys on belt keeper

-Glock 22

-keeper

-ASP

(space)

-Glove pouch in middle of back

(space)

-keeper

-Stinger LED

-Radio

-OC

-keeper

-Double Mag pouch

Link Posted: 6/22/2010 11:25:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Safariland Level II,
horizontal mag pouch
Gerber multitool
small torch pouch
small first aid pouch

..that's it.....................

oh yeah..............a load of other junk in my tac vest over my body armour.........
Link Posted: 6/22/2010 11:44:06 AM EDT
[#7]
-Buckle
-Double Cuff Pouch
-Keys in "silent" holder
-Keeper
-Glock 35 in a raptor holster
-Keeper
-Stinger LED
-Worthless F#@king OC
-Keeper
-space dead center of back
-Keeper
- Ring for Large streamlight (over my left back pocket, light goes in ring and into pocket so it doesn't flop)
-Radio
-Keeper
-Keeper
-Taser
-Asp
-Keeper
-Open top double mag pouch
-Buckle

I know it seems like I have a buttload of keepers but I use them to keep all the junk separate.And, I would ditch the OC to the door of my car if I could, but I cant.

ETA Image
ETA again: forgot radio
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/9124/dscn0282i.jpg

Link Posted: 6/22/2010 11:47:07 AM EDT
[#8]
tag
Link Posted: 6/22/2010 12:35:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/22/2010 12:57:49 PM EDT
[#10]
From the buckle working counter clockwise-

Closed top double mag holder
Pelican LED light (forgot the model)
Radio
Asp
Cuffs

Gap in the center of the back

Cuffs
Glock 22 in Level III
OC
Closed top double mag holder

Yes I carry 4 spare mags on the belt and one in the gun and no its not because I am a bad shot!
Link Posted: 6/22/2010 1:41:38 PM EDT
[#11]

For the record, I HATE (read the word HATE) that holster.  I hate it with a passion that burns as deep as my soul can get.  My department issues them (working on going away from them to a Lvl III) and I have broken 4 in 3 years.  All 4 of mine have been snap/flap related.  3 were broken snaps, and 1 was the leather flap that holds the snap broke completely off.

I bought, out of my pocket, a Serpa III duty holster, and have used it exclusively for about 9 months or so with 0 hitches what so ever.  Funny thing about my holster, I was told by the department armorer that it isn't an approved holster, however he issues the very holster out to some of our bomb/swat guys, which are worn on patrol but usually not callouts...  In other words, it's good for his boys, but not the regular street guys...

This was back before I changed to the Serpa, setup is still similar. (ETA- disregard that, we can't carry more than one handcuff case anymore... the older one on the right is gone)

Link Posted: 6/22/2010 2:05:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/22/2010 3:26:16 PM EDT
[#13]

that stick is for BPD only....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Espantoon

that said, you don't care OC?
Link Posted: 6/22/2010 4:15:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
This was back before I changed to the Serpa, setup is still similar. (ETA- disregard that, we can't carry more than one handcuff case anymore... the older one on the right is gone)

Why is that?
Link Posted: 6/22/2010 4:59:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/22/2010 6:38:51 PM EDT
[#16]

It's my father's old stick - mine is in my locker at work.
Ours were both made by Joe Hlafka.

Quoted:

I have yet to see it do anything that hands or hickory couldn't.
I admit to keeping OC in my bag during summer, as it can come in handy when you want to non-violently disperse a crowd.
Link Posted: 6/22/2010 8:30:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why is that?

Not sure about him but our department only allows one also.  Says it's too "intimidating" .  I mean wtf?  Isn't that part of our job?  Anyway, 2 more sets in the car.
Link Posted: 6/22/2010 8:32:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Pre Taser days....

Link Posted: 6/22/2010 11:02:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Not sure about him but our department only allows one also.  Says it's too "intimidating" .  I mean wtf?  Isn't that part of our job?  Anyway, 2 more sets in the car.

...and the gun we all carry is "less" intimidating?  That's like my old department banning leather jackets because they were "intimidating."  Who the hell comes up with these stupid ass policies?
Link Posted: 6/23/2010 12:57:35 AM EDT
[#20]

is that a remote door popper for your car or a dog training shock  collar remote?
Link Posted: 6/23/2010 1:06:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I sure hope they dont come and take mine away then!
Placeholder for a pic.,
Link Posted: 6/23/2010 3:23:23 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

...and the gun we all carry is "less" intimidating?  That's like my old department banning leather jackets because they were "intimidating."  Who the hell comes up with these stupid ass policies?

Slightly off topic (sorry Op), but when I started, all we carried was cuffs and a short wooden stick that was buried down deep in an inside trouser pocket so that it lay alongside your outer thigh. You couldn't reach it in a hurry so some of us took to tucking the wrist strap under the trouser belt so you could get to it quickly if you needed to. One senior manager spotted this and forbade it as it was too inimidating! One day I slipped on some ice and fell on the  damn stick against my leg. It hurt like hell, so I threw it in my locker and carried nothing for about eight years when we got ASPs.

Now I routinely patrol armed with handgun rig (sometimes carbine too), body armour and tac vest covered with junk and no-one turns a hair. How times change..
Link Posted: 6/23/2010 5:01:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
-Buckle
-Double Cuff Pouch
-Keys in "silent" holder
-Keeper
-Glock 35 in a raptor holster
-Keeper
-Stinger LED
-Worthless F#@king OC
-Keeper
-space dead center of back
-Keeper
- Ring for Large streamlight (over my left back pocket, light goes in ring and into pocket so it doesn't flop)
-Radio
-Keeper
-Keeper
-Taser
-Asp
-Keeper
-Open top double mag pouch
-Buckle

I know it seems like I have a buttload of keepers but I use them to keep all the junk separate.And, I would ditch the OC to the door of my car if I could, but I cant.

ETA Image
<a href="http://img404.imageshack.us/i/dscn0282i.jpg/" target="_blank">http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/9124/dscn0282i.jpg</a>

Is your Glock issued in that color?  
Link Posted: 6/23/2010 6:09:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

is that a remote door popper for your car or a dog training shock  collar remote?

It's a Dogtra e-collar remote. I run him on juice all the time so I keep it holstered on my duty belt.

I have an Ace K-9 door pop on my lowest thigh strap directly in front of my holster on the leg shroud but it's not pictured.

I need to take an updated pic.
Link Posted: 6/23/2010 7:13:43 PM EDT
[#25]

Link Posted: 6/23/2010 8:29:01 PM EDT
[#26]
No pics right now, but I will describe mine.

From the buckle working clockwise:
-key keeper
-mk 3 OC
-Nighthawk GRP recon w/Procyon in 6280
-26" ASP
-double cuff case
-space in small of back
-stinger flashlight holder
-Motorola XTS 5000
-Taser X26
-open top double mag pouch w/10 round CMC powermags
-TDI behind the mag pouch
Link Posted: 6/23/2010 9:31:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
SNIP

ETA Image
<a href="http://img404.imageshack.us/i/dscn0282i.jpg/" target="_blank">http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/9124/dscn0282i.jpg</a>

Is your Glock issued in that color?  

No that is a personally owned weapon, my 27 BUG is the same color too. The Yellow Taser however, is as issued.
Link Posted: 6/24/2010 9:17:18 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why is that?

Close.  One of our guys got into a high profile incident, which several big brass apparently went to, and saw an officer with a cuff case and a cuff strap with an extra pair of cuffs or something along those lines.  The brass had a big shit fit and started emailing the whole department that if it's not issued, you can't wear it.

This past sunday morning, I got dispatched to assist an off-duty officer with a guy passed out in a truck.  Get over there, get to talkin with the guy, he's shitfaced, so I went to hook him up.  He started swinging when I started putting the cuffs on, and essentially threw my handcuffs.  When he bolted, I HAD to stop to get cuffs, cause if I catch him, I don't wanna shake his hand.  The off-duty officer tackled the guy, but he started kicking and caught me in the left arm, so now I have a wonderful bruise with several busted blood vessels about 5 inches by 3 inches down the inside of my forearm.  Had I not had to stop to get my cuffs, I most likely wouldn't have gotten kicked, as I would've been right behind him.  I'm about 2 seconds away from putting another case or my handcuff strap back on my belt.

Let me say this, I am a very pro-active police officer.  I have 2 REACTIVE supervisors, and the entire command staff sans the chief is reactive.  If something happens, the next 2 months are spent watching to make sure the exact same thing doesn't happen at the exact same spot.  If I need to carry extra equipment so I can adequately and safely do my job, I'm gonna carry it.  I would LOVE to see a department fire me for being too safe...
Link Posted: 6/24/2010 10:35:33 AM EDT
[#29]
Two is one, one is none.  I say screw the command staff.  You just laid our a perfect example of why you should have two pair.
Link Posted: 6/24/2010 11:05:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Clockwise from buckle:

-Keeper
Taser X 26 crossdraw
Radio Holder
Surefire G2- In hard plastic Surefire carrier
Hinged Peerless Cuffs
-Keeper
Mag Lite Ring
-Keeper
Peerless Chain cuffs (soon to be swapped for second hinged set)
ASP in plastic fake basketweave sidebreak scabbard
-Keeper
-Keeper
HK USP 45 w/LEM in Safariland 6280.
-Keeper
Mag pouch- Horizontal

Belt and all pouches are basketweave leather.
Link Posted: 6/25/2010 6:17:25 AM EDT
[#31]
tag for about a week until im issued my stuff.
Link Posted: 6/25/2010 6:24:39 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

It's my father's old stick - mine is in my locker at work.
Ours were both made by Joe Hlafka.

Quoted:

I have yet to see it do anything that hands or hickory couldn't.
I admit to keeping OC in my bag during summer, as it can come in handy when you want to non-violently disperse a crowd.

I don't carry OC either, just in the car, for the exact same reason above. Our department requires one of the three less lethal force options 1 OC 2 ASP baton 3 Taser, I actually carry an ASP and a Taser, so the OC would be overkill for my belt.

my belt is setup like this going clockwise from my right side (strong side)
keepers
gun
cuffcase
loop with handcuffs
ASP baton
keepers
flashlight
cuffcase
radio
Taser-crossdraw
keepers
spare mags

I carry 3 sets of cuffs because I can fit that many people in the backseat of my unit (have put more in a pinch) and I never have to ask anyone else for cuffs after chasing a suspect because I already used my set on the first suspect or dropped them in the chase. I have been thinking about getting rid of the loop for one set of cuffs and moving a set of cuffs to the front of my belt in an open top cuff case. The cuffs on the loop are noisy and I sound like an old west cowboy with spurs on when I walk.
Link Posted: 6/25/2010 6:45:50 AM EDT
[#33]
Tag for when I get home.....
Link Posted: 6/25/2010 1:24:34 PM EDT
[#34]
wow you guys have some toys...

my dept won't let me have them :(
Link Posted: 6/25/2010 3:00:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Safariland Level II,
horizontal mag pouch
Gerber multitool
small torch pouch
small first aid pouch

..that's it.....................

oh yeah..............a load of other junk in my tac vest over my body armour.........

Details?  I've always wondered what you guys carry in those things.
Link Posted: 6/25/2010 3:57:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Yes, I have a lot of stuff on my belt.... Yes, I use all of it.

Only non-required items are:

-2nd Flashlight

-Multi Tool

-Gloves

The T.A.R.P. (Hobble) is required carry... I used to wrap it around my right ankle, but that didn't work so well going over fences.... now it sits in a pouch sized for a single glock mag.

For those of you that are wondering, I modded my baton holster to have a snap-strap at the bottom.  The Peacekeeper Products baton pouch can holster the baton expanded - problem was when I ran or went over a wall, the impact would extend the baton slightly each time until it expanded all the way.  There wasn't any tension adjustment left to fix the problem, so I fixed the holster..... I love that baton though.
Link Posted: 6/25/2010 4:47:55 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

http://tinyurl.com/298gves

http://tinyurl.com/23a97b2

-2nd Flashlight
-Multi Tool
-Gloves

The T.A.R.P. (Hobble) is required carry... I used to wrap it around my right ankle, but that didn't work so well going over fences.... now it sits in a pouch sized for a single glock mag.

For those of you that are wondering, I modded my baton holster to have a snap-strap at the bottom.  The Peacekeeper Products baton pouch can holster the baton expanded - problem was when I ran or went over a wall, the impact would extend the baton slightly each time until it expanded all the way.  There wasn't any tension adjustment left to fix the problem, so I fixed the holster..... I love that baton though.

My back would never forgive me........ sweet lord.
Link Posted: 6/25/2010 6:57:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

-2nd Flashlight
-Multi Tool
-Gloves

My back would never forgive me........ sweet lord.

No shit!!!!!!!

I'm curios what that rig weighs.
Link Posted: 6/25/2010 8:02:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

-2nd Flashlight
-Multi Tool
-Gloves

I don't think I would be able to sit in the car with all of that.
Link Posted: 6/25/2010 8:28:17 PM EDT
[#40]
I'll play....

Link Posted: 6/25/2010 8:31:49 PM EDT
[#41]

Dude..............I've always wanted to rock the 2 shell holder on my duty belt but didnt thik I could pull it off.
Link Posted: 6/25/2010 8:39:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Dude..............I've always wanted to rock the 2 shell holder on my duty belt but didnt thik I could pull it off.

It was rough at first, but now, no one says anything about it.
Link Posted: 6/25/2010 8:41:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would get called "Super Tactical" if I did.
Link Posted: 6/25/2010 8:44:48 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would get called "Super Tactical" if I did.

Better than what I got called lol. It didn't bother me though. I like having them there just in case. They're both slugs, so I can do a switch-to-slug drill very easily.
Link Posted: 6/25/2010 9:12:46 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

-2nd Flashlight

-Multi Tool

-Gloves

even without the duty belt.... the CV is a bit of a tight fit.... with the partition the seat doesn't go back far enough for me.  I'm curious what we are going to do once the CV is no longer avail... I really  hope we get the Chevy Tahoe Police Interceptor

Link Posted: 6/25/2010 9:16:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

-2nd Flashlight
-Multi Tool
-Gloves

even without the duty belt.... the CV is a bit of a tight fit.... with the partition the seat doesn't go back far enough for me.  I'm curious what we are going to do once the CV is no longer avail... I really  hope we get the Chevy Tahoe Police Interceptor Defender.

Fixed
Link Posted: 6/25/2010 9:18:21 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

-2nd Flashlight

-Multi Tool

-Gloves

even without the duty belt.... the CV is a bit of a tight fit.... with the partition the seat doesn't go back far enough for me.  I'm curious what we are going to do once the CV is no longer avail... I really  hope we get the Chevy Tahoe Police Interceptor Defender.

Fixed

Same Difference

Link Posted: 6/26/2010 3:28:20 PM EDT
[#48]
How heavy are these belts?
Link Posted: 6/26/2010 4:10:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
How heavy are these belts?

You know that old sayin' about if you have to ask how much something costs, that you don't want to know???   Well same rule applies IRT you question.  

I'll post a pic in a bit of my belt / vest later tonight, but my belts is as follows (Centerline Counterclockwise since I'm Southpaw):
-Handcuff
-Gun (P229R w/ X300 and DG Switch)
-Silent Key holder
-'Nother set of bracelets
-Radio
-Flashlight
-Double Mag pouch (Vertical Stack) (sometimes I throw on a third spare mag for SAG )
-Key Clip

I throw a couple pair of latex gloves in my pockets each shift and have leather search gloves and shit.
-SleeperShooter
Link Posted: 7/29/2010 5:04:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

-2nd Flashlight
-Multi Tool
-Gloves

Not bashing at all but how long have you been carrying all that???

After 10 years I have to say less is definitely more.  I started out carrying every gadget and gizmo but have shaved it down over the years.

Right now here is my setup (counter clockwise for us south paws):

Double handcuff case
Safariland 6280 with Springfield MC Operator and SF X300
ASP Baton (Soon to be swapped out with RCB)
NOTHING ACROSS MY BACK
X26 Taser (required to wear it or I would ditch it in a heartbeat)
Radio
Keys
Open Top Quad Mag Pouch

6' lead

The rest of my gear is stowed in my patrol car.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top