Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2004 9:11:32 AM EDT
Went to the Musesum of the Pacific War in Fredricksburg, Texas on Saturday.  Thought I would share a few of the pics I took.  They had a live reinactment of an assault on a Japanese pill box with a working Stuart tank, a half track and a flame thrower.  I didn't manage to get any pics of that.  

Hatch cut from the USS Arizona while looking for survivors.

"Relative in Service Ring"-Blue stars for relatives in service, Gold stars for those killed.

Japanese Tank

BAR

Australian Owen Sub-machine gun

Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:13:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Some good pics.  I've visited the museum several times.  It is a good one.

Thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:14:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Great pics
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:16:35 AM EDT
[#3]
That and the Admiral Nimitz museum in Fredricksburg are two of the best WWII museums in the country. Believe it or not, I think they are better than the National D-Day Museum in New Orleans.

We took my grandfather (WWII Army Air Corps Pilot and retired Brigadier General) to the Grand Opening of the National D-Day museum, then went back when they opened the Pacific Wing....Being just a hop, skip, and a jump from Austin, I have been to the Fredricksburg museums multiple times.

I'll try and post up some pics of the D-Day Museum when I get my scanner hooked up again.

Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:18:06 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
That and the Admiral Nimitz museum in Fredricksburg are two of the best WWII museums in the country. Believe it or not, but having visited both numerous times, I think they are better than the National D-Day Museum in New Orleans.

I want to go to the D-Day Museum next.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:21:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:33:55 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I love Fredericksberg and I love that museum!

Did you go to Enchanted Rock, as well????

The second largest batholith in the world!

The first is Ayers Rock in Australia.

Eric The(LoveTheHillCountry)Hun

I went with my parents and my mother has hip problems so she can't walk a lot.  I hope to go back soon so  I can take my time and see more.  I am uploading the rest of my pics to my album now.  When I get them  all up I will make it public for you guys to see the rest.    
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:46:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:11:14 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Cool. If you like the experence I recommend that you visit Pearl Harbor itself. Very moving standing on the deck of the Arizona.

+1

I was in Hawaii for 17 days of training with the Corps. We got a couple of days off and went to Pearl Harbor. Very somber to stand above the Arizona and see the sheen of oil still seeping up to the surface.
One wall of the memorial lists all of the victims of Pearl, and  IIRC, the bottom right corner lists the Marine Corps victims.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 12:29:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Here is the rest of  the pictures.  Enjoy.

photobucket.com/albums/v426/aggie1/Pacific%20War%20Museum/

Link Posted: 9/6/2004 5:01:53 PM EDT
[#10]
BTT for night crew
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 5:46:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Best five bucks you'll spend in Fredricksburg by far. I was really impressed by the PT boat.  They were a whole lot smaller than I expected. Very cool place.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 5:52:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:48:46 PM EDT
[#13]
I used to be a volunteer there before I went overseas. The firepower Demos have just gotten better over the years. Best group of guys you'll ever meet. Any body heading back that way say hello to Jeff and the Schroeder brothers for me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top