Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 10/2/2018 1:19:28 AM EDT
Just got back from my trip into the desert- sharing some pics with the hive:
Curious if you guys have pointers for landscape photography. I found that in a lot of cases, I'm struggling with showing the scale/depth of a landscape in a picture. If there's no clear foreground object or lines for me to use, I fall pretty flat. I took over 1700 pictures, and only found about 30~ or so that I actually liked...

More on imgur
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 1:36:16 AM EDT
Wow, those are incredible photos. Needs better pic of your GF
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 1:41:15 AM EDT
I'd luv to go to the Atacama... with enough water . Any old Saltpeter plants around?
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 1:47:36 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MonkeyGrip:
I'd luv to go to the Atacama... with enough water . Any old Saltpeter plants around?
View Quote
If I were to do it again, and plan on backpacking, I would probably follow one of the springs/rivers (ie: creeks) that run through the area. Although I am slightly sketched out by the persistent water arsenic warnings I was getting, so I'm not sure you can purify that out. Maybe a weeks worth won't kill you though

Didn't see any saltpeter plants. Did see an abandoned geothermal station and abandoned sulfur mine though. I think mostly they just mine copper and tourists these days.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 5:35:43 AM EDT
gorgeous!
any stats on that first photo?

that is definitely on the list... *runs off to get a lottery ticket*
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 10:09:58 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sseagle:
gorgeous!
any stats on that first photo?

that is definitely on the list... *runs off to get a lottery ticket*
View Quote
Sony A6000, Rokinon 12mm F/2.0, 15s, ISO 3200. And a really lucky headlight from a car that illuminated the canyon without blowing out my shot.
Link Posted: 10/3/2018 11:42:37 PM EDT
Wow. Great photos.
Top Top