BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2007 12:40:19 PM EDT

Armed woman: 'I'm tired of people tailgating me'

February 22, 2007

By CHRISTY ARBOSCELLO and STEVEN NEAVLING

FREE PRESS STAFF WRITER

Authorities say Bernadette Houghton Headd had an explanation for them when she was arrested on charges of pulling out a handgun and firing at another car:

"I'm tired of people tailgating me," she told police.

Advertisement
Headd, 39, of Macomb Township was charged Thursday in 41-B District Court with assault with a deadly weapon, discharge of a firearm from a motor vehicle and using a firearm during a felony. She could face up to 10 years in prison if convicted.

Police said Headd was in a 1993 Chevrolet Cavalier entering I-94 from Hall Road in Harrison Township at 8:10 a.m. Wednesday when a Dodge Ram inched up behind her.

Headd pulled alongside the Dodge and fired at its tires with a semiautomatic gun. Her shots missed, and no one was injured. The pickup driver flagged down a sheriff's deputy.

"Most people wave their fist and a certain finger, but she went to the extreme," said Macomb Sheriff's Capt. Tony Wickersham. Headd had a permit for the gun.

Contact CHRISTY OYAMA-ARBOSCELLO at 586-469-8085 or [email protected].

All i can say is WOW   Jerry's kid running around with gun!!!
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 12:41:28 PM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 2/27/2007 12:42:07 PM EDT
[#2]
She looks........   special.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 12:43:02 PM EDT
[#3]

That's all I'll say...
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 12:44:06 PM EDT
[#4]

This woman is a hero! C'mon, don't tell me you haven't secretly wished...
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 12:44:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Gurrrrrrr
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 12:44:23 PM EDT
[#6]
A permit for the gun or a CCW permit?

Either way...  
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 12:47:56 PM EDT
[#7]
The picture says it all...

" know you Diiiin't!"

Link Posted: 2/27/2007 12:48:26 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I don't give a shit about people tailgating me as long as they don't hit me if I have to brake hard. I wouldn't really care all that much if it wasn't a CCW holder, but stuff like this hurts us all.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 12:48:58 PM EDT
[#9]
She can see the tailgaters clearly from her seat in the back of the short bus.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 12:50:04 PM EDT
[#10]
OMFG hahahahaa

Link Posted: 2/27/2007 12:51:09 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't give a shit about people tailgating me as long as they don't hit me if I have to brake hard. I wouldn't really care all that much if it wasn't a CCW holder, but stuff like this hurts us all.

LOL
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 12:52:17 PM EDT
[#12]
That just how we roll here in the D...what can i say ,Were still pissed about loosing the title of murder capital and were trying to get it back.....
she kinda looks like this ...
Im thinking she wouldnt make it through a ccw class,suprised the guns even legal.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 1:00:36 PM EDT
[#13]
We can laugh but GOD DAMIT why do these asshats have to make us look bad. You know the gun grabbers will use the fact she had a permit big time.  Knowing full well the permit has nothing to do with the crime. Her permit was toilet paper the secound she pulled the trigger.  DAM THIS SHIT PISSES ME OFF!!!

Good case for forced abortion if you asked me!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 1:02:16 PM EDT
[#14]
That look is priceless.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 1:02:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Well I bet that tailgating moron won't ever do that again. No I don't advocate the shooting of tailgaters, but they are a serious safety issue and need to wake and grow the fuck up.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 1:02:43 PM EDT
[#16]
If the tailgater knew what she looked like, I bet he wouldn't have been following so closely.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 1:07:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Wow, that's all I can say.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 1:07:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Oh the gun grabbers are going to be all over this shit...  This is one statistic that we'd been able to keep clean for a long time.  No CCW used in an incident of road rage.  I hope that we find out that this woman is mentally deficient, as her picture lets on, and we can minimize damage control
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 1:13:02 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm tired of people who don't know how to merge, but I'm not shooting at them.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 1:15:41 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

You'd think we'd have a Michigan LEO around here somewhere who could clear that issue up for us.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 1:19:10 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You'd think we'd have a Michigan LEO around here somewhere who could clear that issue up for us.

Not an LEO, but I haven't heard anything if she had a CCW or not.

Probably just a permit (green card), but I don't expect the media to point that out.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 1:21:25 PM EDT
[#22]
She looks like she could fry the hell out of some chicken though

I know I've seen her in a Crisco commercial.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 1:23:58 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Oh the gun grabbers are going to be all over this shit...  This is one statistic that we'd been able to keep clean for a long time.  No CCW used in an incident of road rage.  I hope that we find out that this woman is mentally deficient, as her picture lets on, and we can minimize damage control

"Mentally deficient woman (who bears a striking resembelance to Child star Gary Coleman, circa 1977-1980) was issued a conceled carry permit despite her mental condition.  When asked about the state's screening process and possibiliity that other mentally unstable applicants might have received permits as well, Department of Public Safety Supervisor, Deputy Dog stated: "these things happen".

How is the "fact" (s)he/it is mentally deficient damage control? Sounds worse to me.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 1:25:30 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Link Posted: 2/27/2007 1:26:42 PM EDT
[#25]
I bet she was "Just keepin' it real"

Link Posted: 2/27/2007 1:27:28 PM EDT
[#26]
So, don't tailgate ugly wemmin.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top