Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2004 10:11:18 AM EDT
This is my house project. It is hopefully going to be done in March - which is my expected move-in date. The parcel of land is on 20 acres. It is pretty exciting and there are so many decisions to make.

Here is what is going to be the driveway. It is going to be around 300Ft long.

Getting Ready to put in the road

Clearing of trees complete along with my Jeep for size. They cleared roughly about 2 acres to start.

They blasted for about 2 weeks. This is the result.

Just this week they finished the blasting, hauled all the excess rock out, and prepared for the foundation work. The gravel you see is where the foundation will be.

This is going to be a huge house at just over 6000 sqft.

Coming soon - Part 2: The foundation and Framing.....
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 10:12:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Not to be nosey, just curious what did the 20 acres run?
Here it would be in the millions 10's millions

Edit: By the way I am very jealous lol
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 10:13:04 AM EDT
[#2]
just be sure to keep that burm there
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 10:13:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Nice!
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 10:22:39 AM EDT
[#4]
I think the berm is going to be gone soon
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 10:23:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Look great so far can't wait to see the rest of the pics!
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 10:29:51 AM EDT
[#6]
I saw a project like yours on the local PBS station. Building a house from the ground up. I think they started like early summer and they got behind was still building during the winter. For me it was unusual beause I see many of the trades people come in all bundled up in coats & jackets and there is snow on the ground. Pretty exciting to watch.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 10:33:16 AM EDT
[#7]
I can install a very nice safe room/vault/blast protection room, for you.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 10:33:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Whoa! Gorgeous spot! Is this in Maine (ie. your profile)? Just curious since I just got back from Bangor and and noticed most of the leaves had changed already.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 10:33:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Nice! How big will your bathroom be and will you post pics of it?
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 11:00:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Hi AshNH, Yes, I live in Southern Maine and just now the leaves are starting to change. This project has been ongoing since Sept 10th, and I visit the site every day to take pics, so I have a record of what things used to look like. This is why some of the pics the leaves look green, because they have been taken over time.

Hi Dave, I will post pics of the bathroom(s) if you want. They won't be too fancy though, and will not be oversized. Just regular old bathrooms. In fact, most of the money is going into the kitchens so the bathrooms will be very basic. I will probrobly install flatscreen TV's in there though. Nice to watch tube when you are on the pot. I am the kind of guy that needs a TV in every room. Like that commercial where the soccer fan opens the dresser drawer and there is a tv in there next to his socks.. well thats me!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top