Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/24/2003 9:00:49 AM EDT
I put Bushwacker ABS black bed caps on my truck when I got it.  I needed them to cover up an existing ding, and they look very nice with the black accents on the storm grey metalic paint.

First off, they came with only thin pieces of 3m tape. When they got hot in the sun, they warped and pulled away from the bed.  I tried everything.  Finally, I used some kind of silicone and screws on the inside of the rails to keep them on.  

Then came my the winter and cold weather.  They cracked around the stake holes.  I calle Bushwacker.  They said they would send me a new pair....free.  I asked to get a pair with out stake holes sinse that is where the cracks originated.  After alot of hours of trying to remove the silicone, I put on the new caps.  This time they sent me much more tape.

End result...tape didn't hold again!  I went back to silicone.  It still didn't work, so screws went back in on the inside of the rails using the existing holes in the rails.  

That was at the beginning of the summer.
Winter.......below zero day 1.....
caps cracked at one of the screws I put in.

So, I'm done.  I need to order a new pair of caps, this time steel or aluminum. No ABS.  I found a pair of DeeZee caps in black aluminum.  Anybody have them or can you recommend a similar product.  I would like to stay with black, but need them to cover the edges quite a bit, like the Bushwacker.

Did I mention I'm pissed?  It's not the money as much as the frickin time I have spent! AaAaAahhhhhhhhhh
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 9:02:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Get a rino and be done with it
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top