Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/21/2002 5:21:58 PM EDT
It is a work of art! Yes I have an AR also, I wanted a .45 carbine. Heavy, it is an M1 model, cause Sgt. Saunders carried one!
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 9:31:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Details, if you please! (range report and so on....)
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 9:38:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
It is a work of art! Yes I have an AR also, I wanted a .45 carbine. Heavy, it is an M1 model, cause Sgt. Saunders carried one!
View Quote

Ain't that the truth? "Combat" was one of my favorite programs when I was little. Loved Sgt. Saunders and Little John and the rest of the crew. Who carried the BAR? Was it Little John? Ever since then, I've always thought the Thompson was cool and would love to have one. Fat chance, of course, but we can dream, can't we? [:)]
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 8:08:19 AM EDT
[#3]
$ 800 was a small price to pay, my Dad used to carry one in WWII, I will take it out in a week or two, got the daughter and I can not find hearing protection for 7 month olds.
It is beautifully done, Moon has done an excellent job with it and Kahr, It is all made in the USA, I will send pics and report soon.
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 9:07:20 AM EDT
[#4]
You got a Thompson SubMachine Gun?
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 9:38:02 AM EDT
[#5]
I think he is referring to an Auto-Ordnance S/A Thompson. I've always wanted one, myself. They may be heavy as hell, but there's just something about 'em. A friend of a friend bought one a few years ago (his wife STILL has no idea), and I found him a 50-rd drum for it for $200. Would you believe he has never once fired it?
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 9:49:15 AM EDT
[#6]
One of my fellow employees picked up a real one - approximate 1923 vintage.  Only cost him about 10 grand.  Very, very heavy with a loaded drum installed.
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 9:51:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Who carried the BAR? Was it Little John? [:)]
View Quote

IIRC it was Kirby who carried the BAR, Hanley the Lt., carried an M1 carbine, Saunders the Thompson and everybody else had Garands.
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 9:51:31 AM EDT
[#8]
My father-in-law has a full auto Thompson.  It's a blast to shoot.  It's been in his family for a long time.  
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 9:52:34 AM EDT
[#9]
I have to admit the Thompson with the cutts compensator and a drum magazine is THE LOOK!
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 12:39:33 PM EDT
[#10]
I think it was Little John and the BAR, they gave them to big guys. It is a S/A as I live in the PRNJ. I also hve and M1 Garand, 1911's and will be making a 191A4 or A6,
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 2:49:21 PM EDT
[#11]
GOD, I shouldn't do this, but......
Sgt. Saunders carried a model 1928-A1 Thompson gun, not the later M1.  The 1928-A1 is the one with the actuator knob on top of the receiver, and the finned barrel with the Cutts compensator.

The good news is, you can use GI issue 20 and 30 round mags, by filing the mag catch hole in the mag up slighly.  Brocks Surplus in Atlanta. www.brocks.com   have listed GI 30's for $9.95 a pop.
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 5:06:11 PM EDT
[#12]
It was Kirby who carried the BAR; my Dad told me that in The War it seemed as though it was always the little guy who carried the BAR. The enemy always targeted the automatic weapons guy, and a smaller guy was harder to hit, or so the theory goes.

Check this out:

[url]http://www.jodavidsmeyer.com/combat/main.html[/url]

FITTER out
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 1:41:41 PM EDT
[#13]
I know remember my Dad saying that about the BAR guy, I stand corrected, my Sgt, whoo is a trivia freak said he had seen several different model thompsons being carried. I love the link, I wish they would rerun the series again
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 2:15:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I think it was Little John and the BAR, they gave them to big guys.
View Quote

[b]KIRBY! G*d d*mn it![/b] Kirby carried the BAR.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top