Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2006 7:44:05 PM EDT
I was one of my many weekly rounds to a local pawn shop and saw what looked like an AMT sitting on the back desk. My interest was peeked so I asked about it, not an AMT

Wyoming Arms Parker model 40 S&W again, never heard of or seen before, to me anyway. First thing out the guys mouth "It's broken, it'll fire the first round but not the next."

I gave the gun a complete lookover and nothing seemed to be terribly wrong, the extractor was fine, the slide went back and forth smoothly, mag was flush. He didn't have a price on it so I asked what he wanted for it...$175.....so what the hell

Pic of chamber, a little ugly in there.

Safety off

Safety on

Didn't get to try it out today as I got home a little while ago, but I'll give her a go tomorrow. I suspect it is either an ammo problem or a mag problem. Hell, there might be no problem

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:46:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Interesting find.  I look forward to the range report.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:47:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Limp wristing problem by the previous owner.

Sounds like your most likely got a good deal.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:48:47 PM EDT
[#3]
throw away gun, that was made by amt
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:48:50 PM EDT
[#4]
heh i have only seen one other it was in a gunshop in Lincoln Ne   for about 10 years
it was a compact one thought little shorter barrel  in 10mm
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:51:51 PM EDT
[#5]

I'm not sure there are enough sharp edges on that .

Of course you can never have too many guns
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:30:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Sure looks like an AMT to me
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:33:52 PM EDT
[#7]
175 for a broken gun...hmm. Have fun with it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:37:20 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Sure looks like an AMT to me

Same thing here, but Blue Book has them, Wyoming Arms, producing a couple different models. They also did not produce these in huge numbers.

There are 2 on gunbroker, a 45ACP and a 10mm

10mm

I just took her completely apart, and there is nothing missing and nothing broken sooo I guess I'll have to test her out tomorrow
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:38:21 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

From what I can tell it's not, everything works mechanically.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:43:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Hope it works out for you, just why buy a gun you or anybody else has never heard of?  

Hows that CZ 70 workin out?
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:43:36 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

From what I can tell it's not, everything works mechanically.

thats cool, did you strip it down to nothing?  I could be something simple preventing it from firing a 2nd round. But it could be dangerous too. Be careful of half dented primers, they can go off 60 seconds after you pulled the trigger.

Also, im willing to be that its a worn spring and a combination of an unpolished chamber. Also take the firing pin out for inspection, look for cracks on it.

edit: oh yea, looks like some rust on the hammer. There is probably some rust on the firing pin  and firing pin "holder area".
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:45:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Shitty guns giving Wyoming a bad name...

Mothefuckers.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:45:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:54:48 PM EDT
[#14]
I did a basic 1911 style field strip on it, sometimes I take things apart and can't get them back together Also not rust on the hammer, crappy photographer.

As to why I would buy a gun that is a mystery, WHY NOT. Thats the point of being a collector, oddities make life more interesting. (the CZ is working great)

They had a Western Auto "Revelation" 9 shot 22 revolver that I almost bought too. Made by High Standard, distributed as a "house brand" by WA. It was neat, it looked like a single action, but you pushed the plunger forward to make the cylinder come out, it was SA/DA.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:56:35 PM EDT
[#15]
It's the unholy offspring of an AMT and a Lorcin!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:58:20 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
As to why I would buy a gun that is a mystery, WHY NOT. Thats the point of being a collector, oddities make life more interesting. (the CZ is working great)

I agree. Some of my neatest finds have been oddballs or curios. A true collector likes the oddballs more than the garden variety, even if of questionable make.

Let us know how it works out.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:00:04 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
It's the unholy offspring of an AMT and a Lorcin!!!!!!!

Men have died for saying less
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:50:03 AM EDT
[#18]
well, I popped off a mag this morning before I left for class, and it works...sort of.

3 rounds then:

2 more then:

Soooo, I fairly sure this is a mag problem and will be ordering some mags from midway, or maybe from Tripp. Ammo used was 180gr Remington UMC.

I would have tried to run more than one mag but I was running a little late. (i live in the boonies, so I do this often)
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:58:13 AM EDT
[#19]
KABOOM
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:07:58 AM EDT
[#20]
tag
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:09:10 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
well, I popped off a mag this morning before I left for class, and it works...sort of.

3 rounds then:
i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/RyanJR/IMG_2220.jpg

2 more then:
i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/RyanJR/IMG_2221.jpg

Soooo, I fairly sure this is a mag problem and will be ordering some mags from midway, or maybe from Tripp. Ammo used was 180gr Remington UMC.

I would have tried to run more than one mag but I was running a little late. (i live in the boonies, so I do this often)

Your picture-fu has improved considerably

What about extractor?

Maybe the timing (slide to other components) is off somehow?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:19:02 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Your picture-fu has improved considerably

What about extractor?

Maybe the timing (slide to other components) is off somehow?

I don't think it's the extractor, everthing looks copasetic there. As for timing, I am no gunsmith so if thats the problem I'll probably have to take it to one.

It's a very light recoiling little gun, and fits the hand very nicely, so for the most part I'm happy with my $175 purchase, Numrich has the 10mm slide and barrel so I might have to look into that too.

My picture-fu improves when I can go outside in the daylight
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 2:09:50 PM EDT
[#23]
OK, just finished running 5 mags through her. Some WWB JHPs and the Remington UMC MCs both 180gr.

In the 5 mags I had to FTF and those occured while using the UMC ammo, the JHPs ran through like a knife through butter.

So basically for 175 I think I did pretty damn good, and once again I am happy with my new toy
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 2:19:12 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
OK, just finished running 5 mags through her. Some WWB JHPs and the Remington UMC MCs both 180gr.

In the 5 mags I had to FTF and those occured while using the UMC ammo, the JHPs ran through like a knife through butter.

So basically for 175 I think I did pretty damn good, and once again I am happy with my new toy

cool.  what kind of groups were you getting?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 2:22:29 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

cool.  what kind of groups were you getting?

About the size of a grapefruit at 15yds, give or take.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top