Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/23/2012 5:59:03 AM EDT
A Marlin XT-22

Went to Academy to look over a Savage Mark II and the Marlin.

They were out of the Savage, but the Marlin look like a decent rifle, same price.

Has a similar trigger as the Savage too.

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 6:00:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I bet it can shoot ink blots at 100 yda.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 6:01:31 AM EDT
[#2]
WTF is a blot action?
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 6:01:32 AM EDT
[#3]
I prefer the one made by Rorschach.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 6:02:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 6:03:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 6:06:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
geez you guys

I thought you were a hardcore lawyer???

GD is ruthless.

Man-up or GTFO.

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 6:08:37 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

anyway looks like my marlin semi auto, wonder if hte mags are the same

Not sure, I need to pick up a couple more mags for it though, Academy didn't have any.

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 6:11:12 AM EDT
[#8]
I bought the threaded barrel version a year or so ago and put on a Nikon ProStaff Rimfire Riflescope.  Pretty damn accurate and fun to shoot IMO.  Planning on getting a can one day.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 6:18:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I bought the threaded barrel version a year or so ago and put on a Nikon ProStaff Rimfire Riflescope.  Pretty damn accurate and fun to shoot IMO.  Planning on getting a can one day.

You won't regret it. A bolt action 22 with a can is the most fun you can have with your pants on. I was grinning for 24 hours straight after i fired mine.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 6:18:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Just like elections, posting has consequences.  

This place would make most English teachers look tolerant.  

Nice gun.  Now get it threaded and suppressed.

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 6:37:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Academy had Black Friday set up right.

They had the Black Friday sale guns being sold in a different part of the store.

I walked up to the gun counter and was helped immediately, in and out in 15 minutes or so.

I glad they did it this way so people wanting to buy regular priced guns aren't in line behind all the bargain shoppers.

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 7:31:56 AM EDT
[#12]
I"ve got the tube version. Shoots shorts, longs andlong rifles. Holds 17 LR and I think 20 something shorts. I love it.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 2:47:55 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I"ve got the tube version. Shoots shorts, longs andlong rifles. Holds 17 LR and I think 20 something shorts. I love it.

I am taking it to the range Sunday morning to sight in, put a Bushnell scope on it.

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 2:51:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Every marlin I have ever had shoot really well. I have the marlin 25N blot action. I get ink all over me every time I fire it.......
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 2:52:43 PM EDT
[#15]
bolt action 22's are awesome
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 2:53:49 PM EDT
[#16]
I've got a marlin .22 mag that is a laser! I love it
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 2:56:51 PM EDT
[#17]
I still have the Glenfield 25 (Made by Marlin.) my father bought for me over forty years ago.  Its still a very accurate rifle.  Enjoy your new Marlin for many, many more years.

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 3:00:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Suppressed bolt action .22's are the awesome
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 3:06:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Got one of them last summer.  Mine's got the threaded barrel and no iron sights.

Great groups, fun to shoot.  Hell on skunks.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 3:12:52 PM EDT
[#20]
I love my bolt action twenty-two, suppressed.    Use some subsonic ammo and its a hoot!  Put a cheapy scope on it, too.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 3:16:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Nice.  A bolt action .22 is on my NEED list.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 3:26:20 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I love my bolt action twenty-two, suppressed.    Use some subsonic ammo and its a hoot! Put a cheapy scope on it, too.

I picked up a cheap Bushnell scope at Walmart.

I figure I am not taking 800 yard shots with this thing, no recoil to speak of, not going to drop a ton of money on a scope for a .22

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 3:27:45 PM EDT
[#23]
I need a .22lr bolt action that's tube fed so I can shoot shorts.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 3:35:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Quoted:
I love my bolt action twenty-two, suppressed.    Use some subsonic ammo and its a hoot! Put a cheapy scope on it, too.

I figure I am not taking 800 yard shots with this thing, no recoil to speak of, not going to drop a ton of money on a scope for a .22

I'm fucking sick of dinging the scope and it going all out of whack.

A few more misses and I figure I might be pissed enough to throw money at the issue.  I don't guess Larue is making any mounts that clamp onto a rimfire dovetail though.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 4:09:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Speaking of the Marlin XT series, just what size hex wrench is needed to get the action out of the stock?  None of mine seem to fit.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 4:15:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Great gun, my 925 is a tact driver out of the box. Not bad guns for a whopping $180
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 4:16:11 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Great gun, my 925 is a tact driver out of the box. Not bad guns for a whopping $180

The 925 is basically the same as the XT, right? Except for the trigger?

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 4:20:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I need a .22lr bolt action that's tube fed so I can shoot shorts.

Marlin 981T or 981TS
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 4:23:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

A few more misses and I figure I might be pissed enough to throw money at the issue.  I don't guess Larue is making any mounts that clamp onto a rimfire dovetail though.

One of my marlin 60's has a custom picatinny rail where the rimfire dovetail was milled flat.  I have my scope on a larue mount now.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 4:24:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Quoted:

The 925 is basically the same as the XT, right? Except for the trigger?  

It looks like it.  I kind of protest the Kentucky made marlins though.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 4:26:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

One of my marlin 60's has a custom picatinny rail where the rimfire dovetail was milled flat.  I have my scope on a larue mount now.

Mind me asking what the milling set you back?  I'm seriously about ready to put a better mount on my $100 Savage bolt gun than I have on my AR.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 4:35:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Mind me asking what the milling set you back?  I'm seriously about ready to put a better mount on my $100 Savage bolt gun than I have on my AR.

I think my smith did it for $75 plus parts. He even bead blasted the rail to match the receiver.  

Here are pics before the LT mount.  I have since put it away in the original box as a gift for my newborn son when he is of age to shoot it.  Was it worth it on a $200 gun?  Yes!  The mount in this pic is the Leupold Mark AR steel rings that I spraypainted like a schmoe.  The LT mount was so that I could move between a low magnification scope and high magnification bench rest scope.

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 4:39:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I think my smith did it for $75 plus parts. He even bead blasted the rail to match the receiver.  

Here are pics before the LT mount.  I have since put it away in the original box as a gift for my newborn son when he is of age to shoot it.  Was it worth it on a $200 gun?  Yes!  The mount in this pic is the Leupold Mark AR steel rings that I spraypainted like a schmoe.  The LT mount was so that I could move between a low magnification scope and high magnification bench rest scope.

http://oi51.tinypic.com/35jx9vk.jpg

Son?  First I've heard about it.  Congratulations!

I think my Savage might follow right along with yours.  It's a good rifle other than the mount.  Nothing proud, just a good rifle.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 4:41:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

CZ is my favorite.  
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 4:46:45 PM EDT
[#35]
I love my Remington 510 targetmaster, single shot, bolt action.

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 4:54:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://oi51.tinypic.com/35jx9vk.jpg

Son?  First I've heard about it.  Congratulations!

I think my Savage might follow right along with yours.  It's a good rifle other than the mount.  Nothing proud, just a good rifle.

Thanks!  7 months as of yesterday.  .
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 4:56:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

CZ is my favorite.  

I had my CZ-452 out today.

Very, very accurate and fun to shoot.   Built like a centerfire.

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 6:43:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Looks good. What about this Romanian M1969 Any one know if they are worth a shit?
Sorry for the de rail OP.

Aim Surplus
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 6:46:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Looks good. What about this Romanian M1969 Any one know if they are worth a shit?

Aim Surplus

Can you get mags?
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 6:50:19 PM EDT
[#40]
I think the actions and triggers are the all but identical to the savage but the Marlin has a better stock and heavier model 60 style barrel . I believe they share the same mag as the semi auto 795. Good choice.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 7:09:13 PM EDT
[#41]
13-14 years ago I had a 22lr Marlin with the Micro-grooves very fine shooting rifle, being the idiot I am I sold it. I picked up a 17HMR Marlin its kind of okay the bullet drift in a breeze sucks but expansion is cool.   I have 2 bolt actions now in rimfire, I love the remington 510 Targetmaster paid $50 for it, what a neat rifle.

Link Posted: 11/24/2012 2:38:50 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Aim Surplus

I was considering getting that one, but mag and parts availability is a question and after transfer fees, shipping, etc I am close to the cost of a new Savage or Marlin.

If they were $50 then no question, I would get the M1969.
Link Posted: 11/24/2012 3:02:20 AM EDT
[#43]
I'm picking up a couple more Lend-Lease Mossberg 42 MBs this morning. One is even threaded.

Both have been Brit Bubbaed but I'll have them up to snuff like this one in no time.

Link Posted: 11/24/2012 3:04:11 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I still have the Glenfield 25 (Made by Marlin.) my father bought for me over forty years ago.  Its still a very accurate rifle.  Enjoy your new Marlin for many, many more years.  

My folks bought me a Glenfield model 25 for my 13th birthday 42 years ago.I still have it.Scary accurate.I would never part with it.
Link Posted: 11/24/2012 3:09:06 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

I'm picking up a couple more Lend-Lease Mossberg 42 MBs this morning. One is even threaded.

Both have been Brit Bubbaed but I'll have them up to snuff like this one in no time.

http://oi50.tinypic.com/2i447t.jpg
I have the Mossberg semi auto 22 that looks a lot like that my Dad bought new back in the 30s or early 40s.

Link Posted: 11/24/2012 3:24:28 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

CZ is my favorite.  

I had my CZ-452 out today.

Very, very accurate and fun to shoot.   Built like a centerfire.

I was looking at these at a shop the other day...I think this will be my next .22 purchase....I was impressed with them.....I understand they shoot as good as they look?
Link Posted: 11/24/2012 3:44:35 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://oi50.tinypic.com/2i447t.jpg
I have the Mossberg semi auto 22 that looks a lot like that my Dad bought new back in the 30s or early 40s.

That would be a tube fed 151M. My 151M is one heck of a shooter.

They were made from 1946-1958 depending on the model which had a, b, and c suffixes in a ( ) after the M. Mine is a plain M ('46-'47).

I bought a Marlin like the OP's at a local flea market this past Summer but traded it for a 1955 Remington Fieldmaster pump. I just did not care for the plastic stock that much. That said it was a fine shooter at 50 yards. Sorta surprised me. Meh...What can I say....I'm just a wood and blued steel type of guy.

Link Posted: 11/24/2012 3:48:34 AM EDT
[#48]

Originally Posted By 1srellu

They were made from 1946-1958 depending on the model which had a, b, and c suffixes in a ( ) after the M. Mine is a plain M ('46-'47).
http://oi49.tinypic.com/2q2lno3.jpg

Yep, that's it, except mine says 51M instead of 151M, tube fed through the buttstock.

Link Posted: 11/24/2012 3:48:59 AM EDT
[#49]
CZ 452 Varmint, with a brookes trigger kit. Really nice little gun. I had mine as a practice piece for my .308. When I sold the .308, I nearly sold the CZ, but took it to the range and after watching the rounds go downrange through a high mag scope it went back into the safe.....

Link Posted: 11/24/2012 4:06:14 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Originally Posted By 1srellu

http://oi49.tinypic.com/2q2lno3.jpg

Yep, that's it, except mine says 51M instead of 151M, tube fed through the buttstock.  

I love messing with the old Mossbergs. Here is a 42 MB that Bubba Brit made a sporter out of (I redid it) and he had threaded (1/2" X 20 tpi) for a supressor. I put a adaptor to 1/2"X28 on it.

The scope mount is a Brit copy of the old Weaver side mounts. The great thing about these is that you can adjust the trigger down to around 2.5 pounds. Even with the old 3/4" scope on it it's a tack driver.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top