Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2006 6:29:22 PM EDT
pretty impressive little toy. Hasn't blown my mind yet though
Anyone here have theirs yet? What games do you recommend?
So far I picked up Dead or Alive 4 and Call of Duty 2

Sony Crapstation 2/3 fans need not reply
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:30:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I have yet to see one on a store shelf or on EBAY for less than $600 for a premium package
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:32:07 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Its GayStation 3, not Crapstation - though thats a pretty good description.

I reccomend Quake 4 and Perfect Dark Zero on top of the games you allready got (Perfect Dark Zero was a letdown, but I still enjoyed it).

Ghost Recon 3 comes out March 7, and Elder Scrolls 4 Oblivion comes out March 21
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:32:40 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I have yet to see one on a store shelf or on EBAY for less than $600 for a premium package

They have at least 10 at the local wal-mart here, plus we have a stack of them where I work.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:36:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Whats the going price in stores now?
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:37:03 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Whats the going price in stores now?

Retail.  $399 for the Platinum package, $299 for the core system.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:37:25 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They have at least 10 at the local wal-mart here, plus we have a stack of them where I work.

Us New England folk must be getting the shaft.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:38:08 PM EDT
[#7]
300 for the barebones on 400 for the one with the hdd and wireless controller
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:39:42 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Or it could be that I live in a college town and everyone is poor.

It is better out west though.  
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:41:22 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Or it could be that I live in a college town and everyone is poor.

It is better out west though.  

I'm in a college town myself, which is already an economically-depressed former industrial town before the bottom fell out on American-made goods. I guess Microsoft said fuck it and decided not to bother trying to sell any here
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:42:44 PM EDT
[#10]
So are you playing that thing on a HDTV, or did you just buy a real expensive plain ol' Xbox?
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:43:53 PM EDT
[#11]
OBLIVION

www.elderscrolls.com/art/obliv_pc_screens_01.htm

Some things in the game.

1st and 3rd Person Views
1500+ NPC’s*
121 Plant Types
150+ Quests
16 Square Miles (Not including dungeons or the realms of Oblivion)
200+ Dungeons*
200+ Hours of Gameplay (Main Quest is 20-25 hours long)
21 Skills*
25 Settlements (They exist out in the wilderness, simliar to Morrowind)
40+ Creature Types (Many broken down into sub-types)
400+ Books
9000+ Objects (All of which are movable, and react accordingly with the environment)
Ability to Purchase Homes (One in every major city)
Decoration (For your homes but unknown what kinds)
Dogs for Pets (Their disposition towards you based on your Personality)
Dynamic Soft Shadows (For all objects and NPC's/creatures)

To many to list!
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:46:04 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Its GayStation 3, not Crapstation - though thats a pretty good description.

I reccomend Quake 4 and Perfect Dark Zero on top of the games you allready got (Perfect Dark Zero was a letdown, but I still enjoyed it).

Ghost Recon 3 comes out March 7, and Elder Scrolls 4 Oblivion comes out March 21

Both of which I can't wait for
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:48:39 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
OBLIVION

Some things in the game.

1st and 3rd Person Views
1500+ NPC’s*
121 Plant Types
150+ Quests
200+ Dungeons*
21 Skills*
400+ Books
5 Counts Fighting for Power*
5 Different Breeds of Ride-able Horses for Purchase (Will be kept in stable while in towns or not using)
6 Factions/Guilds (The Arena*, Blades*, Dark Brotherhood*, Fighters’ Guild, Mages’ Guild, Thieves’ Guild*)
7 ‘Big’ Battles (Entailing more than the average 6-8 NPC’s fighting on screen at once)
9 Major Cities*
9000+ Objects (All of which are movable, and react accordingly with the environment)
Autonomous Regions (Seperate regions, that behave as full exteriors)
Birthsigns (Same 13 from Morrowind but apparently with more detailed and specific effects)
Borders*
Caius Cosades (Returing from MW, but he'll most likely be the only one)
Cast-on-Strike Enchantments
Charging for Offical Mods (This price will be small, and will depend on the amount of content in the mod)
Collector's Edition (Includes a Making of Oblivion DVD, a newly updated Pocket Guide of Tamriel and a Septim Coin)
Continuing Characters (NPC's who you meet several times along your journey's that you can influence slightly with your actions)
Compass (Will only show places close by and that are relevant to current selected quest, can also mark a place on the map and have it point to that as well)
Daedric Quests (Shrines scattered across the world where you can pick up quests)
Dynamic Water Effects*
Dynamic Weather and Time
Essential NPC Indicator (Subtle icon appears when looking at an essential NPC)
Expanded Character Creation Process*
Events/Festivals (Official mod downloadable for PC and X-Box 360)
Evidence chest (When you're arrested all of your belongings end up here)
Fast Travel Map
Full Character Voice Acting (50+ Hours, Announced: Sean Bean, Linda Carter, Terence Stamp, Patrick Stewart)
Greater Powers for Each Race (Imperials: Star of the West, Voice of the Emperor)
Hoods/Hooded Robes
Horse Armor (Official mod downloadable for PC and X-Box 360)
Improved Combat*
Improved Stealth*
Increased Graphics Options (More optimization for lower end systems)
Infamy Rating (Crime level that goes up but not down, helps calculate NPC disposition)
Interactive Jail (Serve your time or find a means to escape)*
Light, Shadow and Sound Based Sneaking
Lockpicking Mini-game*
Magical Staves (Fire spells from staff (oversized wand?))
Magical Transportation (Instantanious, we're unsure what form or name it will take, but will be similair to Mark & Recall)
Magicka Regeneration (Based on Willpower)
Moral Choices (Decisions will now effect NPC's behavior, will you trust the guards word, or the citizen that calls him corrupt?)
New and Improved Dialogue System (Listen in on conversations for new topics, will be the same tree list as in Morrowind but shorter for each NPC, there will be no dialogue box, all NPC dialogue's will be done using sub-titles)
New Persuasion Interface*
Oblivion Realms Locked after Main Quest
Past Actions Remebered (Like murder)*
Physics-based Sound (A sword sounds different when hitting stone then it does when hitting wood)
Poisoned Apples (Buyable from the Dark Brotherhood, you will not be able to poison other foods though)
Potion Application to Weapons*
Races from MW (Altmer (High Elf), Argonian, Bosmer (Wood Elf), Breton, Dunmer (Dark Elf), Imperial, Khajiit, Nord, Orc, and Redguard)
Radiant AI*
Rated Teen by ESRB (Blood and Gore, Language, Sexual Themes, Use of Alcohol, Violoence)
Realistic Physics (Havok Engine 3.01 implemented, meaning objects have mass, weight, and react to one another accordingly)
Reanimation Spell (Body will lift off the ground, hang in the air for a moment, then return to the ground your servant for a time, but only worls for the recently dead)
Re-Balanced Spell Point System (Number's from Morrowind have little bearing now, compared to those in Oblivion)
Recruiting / Promoting Guild Members (Only applicable to certain Guilds, and you must be very high up in rank, if not the top)
Red Hand (A hand will turn red if an item you're looking at belongs to someone)
Reoccuring Benefits (For top Guild members, such as monthly stipends of gold or equipment, use of plot-centric equipment, etc.)
Respawning of some NPC’s (Guards and Bandits)
Script Effect (Now possible to add script effects to spells using this new feature)
Sinking in Water (Of objects and/or yourself when overweight)
Sitting/Lying Down
Skill Trainers (Master Trainers still unknown)
SpeedTreeRT Technology (Realistic trees and vegetation that will animate in real time to the weather)
Stats Menu (Tracks kills, stolen items, necks bitten as a vampire, etc., all of which will effect how NPC's will react to you)
Stealing of Horses (But they will return to their owners when you leave them)
TES Construction Set (PC Only)*
Traps (Physics based booby-traps)
Traveling NPC’s
Vampires*
Visibly Sheathed Weapons / Quiver (Swords at belt, long-swords, bows and quiver on back, arrows visibly disappear as used)
Welkynd Stones (aka Elven Power Crystals, they wield great power that you can use, but unknown what powers they are)
Yielding*

I'm going to get it for the PC so that I can throw plenty of mods on it if wanted.

The wait until March 20th is endless though
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:50:21 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
OBLIVION

Some things in the game.

1st and 3rd Person Views
1500+ NPC’s*
121 Plant Types
150+ Quests
200+ Dungeons*
21 Skills*
400+ Books
5 Different Breeds of Ride-able Horses for Purchase (Will be kept in stable while in towns or not using)
6 Factions/Guilds (The Arena*, Blades*, Dark Brotherhood*, Fighters’ Guild, Mages’ Guild, Thieves’ Guild*)
7 ‘Big’ Battles (Entailing more than the average 6-8 NPC’s fighting on screen at once)
9 Major Cities*
Birthsigns (Same 13 from Morrowind but apparently with more detailed and specific effects)
Borders*
Charging for Offical Mods (This price will be small, and will depend on the amount of content in the mod)
Collector's Edition (Includes a Making of Oblivion DVD, a newly updated Pocket Guide of Tamriel and a Septim Coin)
Continuing Characters (NPC's who you meet several times along your journey's that you can influence slightly with your actions)
Compass (Will only show places close by and that are relevant to current selected quest, can also mark a place on the map and have it point to that as well)
Daedric Quests (Shrines scattered across the world where you can pick up quests)
Dynamic Water Effects*
Dynamic Weather and Time
Fast Travel Map
Full Character Voice Acting (50+ Hours, Announced: Sean Bean, Linda Carter, Terence Stamp, Patrick Stewart)
Greater Powers for Each Race (Imperials: Star of the West, Voice of the Emperor)
Hoods/Hooded Robes
Improved Combat*
Improved Stealth*
Infamy Rating (Crime level that goes up but not down, helps calculate NPC disposition)
Lockpicking Mini-game*
Magical Transportation (Instantanious, we're unsure what form or name it will take, but will be similair to Mark & Recall)
Moral Choices (Decisions will now effect NPC's behavior, will you trust the guards word, or the citizen that calls him corrupt?)
New and Improved Dialogue System (Listen in on conversations for new topics, will be the same tree list as in Morrowind but shorter for each NPC, there will be no dialogue box, all NPC dialogue's will be done using sub-titles)
Physics-based Sound (A sword sounds different when hitting stone then it does when hitting wood)
Poisoned Apples (Buyable from the Dark Brotherhood, you will not be able to poison other foods though)
Races from MW (Altmer (High Elf), Argonian, Bosmer (Wood Elf), Breton, Dunmer (Dark Elf), Imperial, Khajiit, Nord, Orc, and Redguard)
Radiant AI*
Rated Teen by ESRB (Blood and Gore, Language, Sexual Themes, Use of Alcohol, Violoence)
Realistic Physics (Havok Engine 3.01 implemented, meaning objects have mass, weight, and react to one another accordingly)
Reanimation Spell (Body will lift off the ground, hang in the air for a moment, then return to the ground your servant for a time, but only worls for the recently dead)
Re-Balanced Spell Point System (Number's from Morrowind have little bearing now, compared to those in Oblivion)
Recruiting / Promoting Guild Members (Only applicable to certain Guilds, and you must be very high up in rank, if not the top)
Reoccuring Benefits (For top Guild members, such as monthly stipends of gold or equipment, use of plot-centric equipment, etc.)
Script Effect (Now possible to add script effects to spells using this new feature)
Sitting/Lying Down
SpeedTreeRT Technology (Realistic trees and vegetation that will animate in real time to the weather)
Stats Menu (Tracks kills, stolen items, necks bitten as a vampire, etc., all of which will effect how NPC's will react to you)
Traveling NPC’s
Vampires*
Visibly Sheathed Weapons / Quiver (Swords at belt, long-swords, bows and quiver on back, arrows visibly disappear as used)
Welkynd Stones (aka Elven Power Crystals, they wield great power that you can use, but unknown what powers they are)
Yielding*

I'm going to get it for the PC so that I can throw plenty of mods on it if wanted.

When march 20th rolls around I am going to be watching for a certain torrent file to show up

Then I will buy the xbox version.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:51:29 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
OBLIVION

Some things in the game.

1st and 3rd Person Views
1500+ NPC’s*
121 Plant Types
150+ Quests
200+ Dungeons*
21 Skills*
400+ Books
9 Major Cities*
Borders*
Dynamic Water Effects*
Dynamic Weather and Time
Fast Travel Map
Hoods/Hooded Robes
Improved Combat*
Improved Stealth*
Lockpicking Mini-game*
Radiant AI*
Sitting/Lying Down
Traveling NPC’s
Vampires*
Yielding*

When march 20th rolls around I am going to be watching for a certain torrent file to show up

Then I will buy the xbox version.

I feel pretty bad, the PC is getting absolutely torched with piracy nowadays. Doesn't really make it worth it to make a game unless it's for a console.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:54:05 PM EDT
[#16]
roboman I hear ya!   I am going to get it for the PC as well , can't beat player made mods!   There where about 5000 some player made mods for Morrowind.  So I hope to see the same for this one.

The embargo on alot of info will be lifted at Midnight , so be on the look out for new screen shots maybe or more.   Plus Pete at Bethesda , said we should know the release date in two weeks.  He said that about a week ago I think. So yeah im a nerd for TES.    

Edit to say Oblivion will take about 5 gigs of space on the hard drive. So people on torrent will have to wait for a while.....  
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:56:08 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
roboman I hear ya!   I am going to get it for the PC as well , can't beat player made mods!   There where about 5000 some player made mods for Morrowind.  So I hope to see the same for this one.

The embargo on alot of info will be lifted at Midnight , so be on the look out for new screen shots maybe or more.   Plus Pete at Bethesda , said we should know the release date in two weeks.  He said that about a week ago I think. So yeah im a nerd for TES.    

Midnight tonight?

Is the 3/20 date set in stone or is there any chance it could be bumped up sooner?

I absolutely cannot wait to play this game. I plan to not exist for an entire week after I first get it. Thereafter I will gradually reintroduce myself into society.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:02:41 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Midnight tonight?

Is the 3/20 date set in stone or is there any chance it could be bumped up sooner?

I absolutely cannot wait to play this game. I plan to not exist for an entire week after I first get it. Thereafter I will gradually reintroduce myself into society.

Well I guess it has never been set in stone it has been early 2006 , but things have been crazy Bethesda has been on a press tour across the US , and alot of things point to it going GOLD.  I hear alot of PC game mags will have a review of it march!  So games don't get reviewed befor it is out and Bethesda said that they want it to come out befor it has been reviewed.

Hey here is a link with some of the websites that will be posting some stuff tonight.

www.elderscrolls.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=244405

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:08:09 PM EDT
[#19]
perfect dark zero and project gotham racing are pretty sweet
I keep looking at 360s , but just can't make myself pull the trigger,just go play my buddies machine  
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:09:56 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
So are you playing that thing on a HDTV, or did you just buy a real expensive plain ol' Xbox?

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:40:06 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I keep looking at 360s , but just can't make myself pull the trigger,just go play my buddies machine  

I'm about 75/25 in favor of buying one....though I'd actually have to see it in a store to have the chance
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:42:57 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Midnight tonight?

Well I guess it has never been set in stone it has been early 2006 , but things have been crazy Bethesda has been on a press tour across the US , and alot of things point to it going GOLD.  I hear alot of PC game mags will have a review of it march!  So games don't get reviewed befor it is out and Bethesda said that they want it to come out befor it has been reviewed.

Hey here is a link with some of the websites that will be posting some stuff tonight.

www.elderscrolls.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=244405

Doh, midnight PST it seems. 3AM EST.......
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:10:57 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm about 75/25 in favor of buying one....though I'd actually have to see it in a store to have the chance

yeah last week I finally convinced myself that i was gonna get one
drove over to wallyworld and they were out

they had 5 in there for the past month or so
all they had was 1 core unit and i am not going to screw with one of those as i like to play online
i
t was late in the evening and I did not want to drive 45 minutes to Best Buy in Omaha
they are all over the place here I though about buying some and turning um on ebay but the profit i would make would go to paypal and Ebay and i would about break even
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top