Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/13/2013 11:41:39 AM EST
Tomorrow is the annual extended family get together. We do a round-robin thing each year, it's kinda fun, and saves everyone from the stupid of trying to spend money on gifts for each person.

The (very soft) limit is $40 (people have brought more expensive gifts from time to time, but this is the general guideline).

I have no freaking idea what to bring this year. But at this point, it has to be something I can walk into a local store and buy.

Ideas???

If I don't have any better ideas before 5PM, I'm driving to Costco and buying anything remotely useful under $40. Can't have too many pairs of extra large leather work gloves, right?
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:49:14 AM EST
[Last Edit: 12/13/2013 11:49:26 AM EST by casey1]
For $40.......

Old Hooker, no blow.

Somebody had to say it!
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:50:11 AM EST
Amazon giftcard. I brought one two years ago and its the most excited ive ever seen anyone get at one of those random gift deals.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:53:51 AM EST
I can't do gift cards, I consider them unbelievably stupid (for consumers; brilliant for the companies that issue them).

If it comes down to that, I'll put a couple of 20's in an envelope.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:55:30 AM EST
I really have never understood why there was something less "gift-like" about actual cash than a gift card you are forced to spend at a specific store, which you will either end up leaving money on (profit for the store) or end up having to pay more for whatever you get (profit for the store). I can think of no logical way in which those things actually benefit the typical consumer.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:58:32 AM EST
A toaster.

Coffee Maker

heated blanket

A lot of toilet paper.

Nice thermos

board games

restaurant coupon
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 12:00:34 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By tbonifie:
I can't do gift cards, I consider them unbelievably stupid (for consumers; brilliant for the companies that issue them).

If it comes down to that, I'll put a couple of 20's in an envelope.
View Quote

I don't do them either. For the past 3 years we have exchanged gifts, the wife and I have given Smartwool socks. Sometimes we draw names, other times boy buys a boy gift, girl a girl gift. Everybody here likes them, might not be of any use in Somalia.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 12:23:00 PM EST
SOG tomahawk from walmart?
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 1:41:21 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By shotgunfatcat:
A toaster.

Coffee Maker

heated blanket

A lot of toilet paper.

Nice thermos

board games

restaurant coupon
View Quote

People really shouldn't give me ideas like this...
Top Top