Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2002 1:51:47 AM EDT
[img]www.isayeret.com/sniping/jenin-snipers.jpg[/img]

[i]A striking photo showing the various IDF standard issue sniping and sharpshooting systems during a raid in the Jenin refugee camp. From left to right - Barrett M82A1, M24 SWS and M16A2-E3 Designated Marksman System. Another sniper with M24 SWS is seen in the background. Note the unique tripod used for the M24 SWS in the middle.[/i]

[url]www.isayeret.com/sniping/article.htm[/url]

Kinda nice rigs, those guys have.
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 2:05:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Okay, Okay.. I'll ask already....

Whats with the hair nets?

and.....

This might be semi-effective considering the training of their enemies, but I don't think it's the most concealed and camo'd sniper hole I've seen. [:D]

Sweet rifles.  I'd love to have any one of them.  Thanks for the web page!
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 2:22:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, those camo head covers are sure cute [puke], but I'm told they use them to breakup the distinctive shape of their helmets. My question: rifle mounted on a cheap camera tripod? At least use a Bogen!
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 2:43:05 AM EDT
[#3]
I kinda like this one too.

[img]www.isayeret.com/overview/girls/girls.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 3:28:27 AM EDT
[#4]
I think the idea of these snipers all shooting from tha thole is ridiculous, the barret guy and the bolt guy are going to be flinchjing every time the M16 guy pulls the trigger, hot brass in the eye is no fun and does not lend itself to sniping concentration.
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 3:52:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Note that the Palestinian officials have now put the death toll in the Jenin Camp at [b]56[/b], with only [b]7[/b] confirmed as civilians, so far!

Not exactly a 'death camp' as the West had been led to believe, eh?

Eric The(Relieved)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 3:52:21 AM EDT
[#6]
mattja:
I really like that one.  They're cute.
[spank]
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 3:54:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 3:59:42 AM EDT
[#8]
flinchjing every time the M16 guy pulls the trigger
View Quote

Uh, have you ever fired a .50bmg?  It is something I wouldn't want to do in an enclosed space!!  Maybe there is a supressor on the end of it (there are .50 supressors, and they do work).  

I would bet they are in a guarded building, the various riflemen have areas of responsibility--near in for the .223 guy, middle ranges for the .308s, and WaytheF**koutthere for the .50 guy.  The draping on the windows (hard to see, but if you look behind the .308 guy's head, you can see it) probably darkens the inside of the room pretty well from the outside--look up a at a building with dark windows today and see if you can figure where a person standing 5 or 8 feet back in the room might be.

Biggest danger to them would be an RPG, and I would bet that the building is guarded, with a free fire zone around it for the other army guys, and lots of the rooms have windows that are darkened.

AFARR
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 4:10:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Somebody needs to tell those ladies that the telescoping stocks on their assault weapons is illegal. We all know the Govt. would not allow our soldiers to be saddled with equipment so old as to be pre-ban. If they sent them to me I would gladly see to their proper disposal, as there is no place in a civilized society for such evil weapons.

Link Posted: 5/1/2002 4:30:36 AM EDT
[#10]
That headgear really sticks out in the pic.
On the ground it would be awesome, but moving through an urban street................?????

Does the tripod look to cradle the forearm or does it look like it 'grabs' it?  
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 5:16:38 AM EDT
[#11]
honestly, it looks like staged picture for the media or for an IDF recruiting campaign.  As far as the little I know about military sniping, I don't think their positions look that secure.
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 5:32:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Psssst, guy with the M-16, you may want to put a magazine in..........
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 5:38:06 AM EDT
[#13]
It definately looks like a "posed" picture.  That .50 sure is Puuurdy, though!
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 5:38:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Look at what our tax dollars pay for.
Too bad we can own that kind of stuff.

I bet the dude has a Thermold 20 in the '16.
c-rock
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 5:40:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Yea...looks staged to me...especially considering the IDF sniper web site source.  I mean...who in their right mind bunches up snipers?  If my memory serves...isn't the old adage that you move after the first or at most the second shot?

Not bad pics though...cool weapons.  It would truly be cool to try out that M82E1.

Link Posted: 5/1/2002 5:44:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Caption:

"Israel, Jenin (AP) - A photo of the Chef Boyardee division of the IDF."
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 6:38:13 AM EDT
[#17]
Obviously a posed picture.  What I wouldn't give for "a Barrett and a Babe" though.  Can American civilians become Israeli snipers? [sex]
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 7:41:29 AM EDT
[#18]
What kind of slings are those women using?  Where can I get one?
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 7:50:15 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Can American civilians become Israeli snipers? [sex]
View Quote

Wouldn't that be fun!

I need one of those hair nets.
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 8:09:50 AM EDT
[#20]
IF YOU LOOK BEHIND THEM ... YOU CAN SEE THE PIZZA KITCHEN.
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 10:20:10 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
My question: rifle mounted on a cheap camera tripod? At least use a Bogen!
View Quote

Probably overstock from the Hassidic electronics merchants in Brooklyn, NY.
"Vhat? You don't vanna tripod vit dat?"

Link Posted: 5/1/2002 10:47:54 AM EDT
[#22]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Probably overstock from the Hassidic electronics merchants in Brooklyn, NY.
"Vhat? You don't vanna tripod vit dat?"

View Quote

That is a Bogen.  Model 3001BN.  Look at the Manfrotto label on the left leg and the twist locks on the legs. Thats Bogen's 2nd least expensive tripod (since it has the black finish)
[url]http://www.bogenphoto.com/product/templates/templates.php3?sectionid=2&itemid=796[/url]
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 10:49:45 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

[imgwww.isayeret.com/overview/girls/girls.jpg[/img]
View Quote

Damn.

Tragically, we [i]never[/i] get that at my rifle range.
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 10:55:20 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Quoted:

View Quote

That is a Bogen.  Model 3001BN.  Look at the Manfrotto label on the left leg and the twist locks on the legs. Thats Bogen's 2nd least expensive tripod (since it has the black finish)
[
View Quote

I stand corrected. Good spot.  
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 10:57:11 AM EDT
[#25]
One other nitpick. The M82 guy is wearing glasses. Do they allow that?
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 11:00:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

My 180B and I really hope you aren't implying that people with glasses can't shoot well.
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 11:01:32 AM EDT
[#27]
It is called a sniper saddle and this is how you make one [url]http://www.snipercountry.com/Articles/SniperSaddle.html[/url]
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 11:08:27 AM EDT
[#28]
Not to get this thread off track, but holey moley!!

[shock]

[img]http://www.isayeret.com/overview/girls/669-girls.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.isayeret.com/overview/girls/ch53-mech.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 11:15:15 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Eeeee----yup.  Something about chicks with guns - jewish or not. [:D]
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 11:18:42 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Not to get this thread off track, but holey moley!!

[shock]

[img]http://www.isayeret.com/overview/girls/669-girls.jpg[/img]

View Quote

The one on the left and on the right can come and winch me out of the woods anytime.
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 11:20:33 AM EDT
[#31]
The guy with the Bogen tripod has a Mafer Clamp on it to clamp the stock in. Maybe as a civvie he was into photography?

Does look like a "Photo Op" to me. Mr M16 has a lousy stance and needs to use the sling properly. Why are the bipod legs down for Mr. Bogen, better balance???? Maybe he borrowed the setup from the guy who took the picture[rolleyes][whacko]
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 11:20:44 AM EDT
[#32]
I wouldn't mind being stuck in a foxhole with any one of those Ladies...

[:P]
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 11:28:43 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

What´s wrong with jewish girls? I shared eight months of my life with one when working in Middle East. Never regret. Those girls do have temperament [:D]

MN
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 2:16:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

What´s wrong with jewish girls? I shared eight months of my life with one when working in Middle East. Never regret. Those girls do have temperament [:D]

MN
View Quote

Nothing at all wrong with 'em that I can see.  Had a good friend who is Jewish, thought she was a beauty!

And I keep hearing these stories and seeing pictures about good-looking Israeli girls with firearms - makes me want to visit Israel!
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 2:58:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

My 180B and I really hope you aren't implying that people with glasses can't shoot well.
View Quote

I don't belive sewer urchin was implying at all that people with glasses can't shoot well. I own a Barrett M99 myself, and I can tell you once I saw that M82 in the room I'd leave. These snipers are posted together, which is not military procedure, ole boy with the '16 has a terrible stance, they've gotta get rid of that camera stand, and one other thing. I'd like to leave you boys with a picture of an M82 being fired. See if you think those men are smart with a .50 BMG in an enclosed area.

[img]http://www.fcsa.org/contentimages/DM_skip_9809.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 3:25:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Wow...sweet hats on those guys.
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 9:26:41 AM EDT
[#37]
ok, I know now that the barret50 is a VERY poor night time sniper rifle =)
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 9:30:41 AM EDT
[#38]
That picture is of Skip Talbot, so he's definately not shooting an M82. I do wonder what the muzzle flash on an M82 would look like at night though...
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 10:04:17 AM EDT
[#39]
I agree with those who think the pic is a posed shot, mainly because my experience is that the IDF has rarely, if ever, allowed their people to be actually photographed in combat. Going to or coming back from is OK, but not actually in action.  This dates back to at least the 1956 Sinai campaign (my own war).  Of course, with todays telephoto equipment the TV guys can get shots of the guys in action from so far away the IDF people can't really stop them. I think the policy comes from the fear that an Israeli mother might see her son killed or wounded on TV.

Re the Israeli women, all the comments about both the toughness and beauty are right on. I'm married to one, so I've got personal experience.  My lady didn't have to serve in the IDF though, because she was a cast member of the Haifa State Theater company in her younger years, and they did USO type shows for the troops.

Link Posted: 5/2/2002 10:26:31 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
What kind of slings are those women using?  Where can I get one?
View Quote

I bought the one for my AR15 in Tel Aviv. It's sturdy, comfortable, and has a little compartment to put ear protectors. About 10 USD.

If you don't want to go to Israel to buy it, you can go to this URL:

[url]www.imp.co.il[/url]

and see what you want.

Hope this can help...
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 10:56:49 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 5:00:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Dear Sirs

Following few questions I got from ar15.com readers about the Jenin and girls pics taken from my site, here some links that share some light on the issue.

Israeli female field instructors (sniping, parachuting, driving, ATV, etc.) -

[url]http://www.isayeret.com/overview/girls/instructors.htm[/url]

Make sure to check the girls' photo gallery link -

[url]http://www.isayeret.com/overview/girls/girlsgal.htm[/url]

As for the camouflage hats they are indeed helmet covers used to break the typical round shape of the helmet. They also make for a great sun blocking hat... See here for full info -

[url]http://www.isayeret.com/gear/helmet/cover.htm[/url]

Best regards,

Lt. (res.) Daniel Cohen, Webmaster

[url]http://www.isayeret.com[/url]

The Israeli Special Forces Home Page

Two of my favorite pics -

[img]http://www.isayeret.com/sniping/girl-8.jpg[/img]

Israeli female sniper instructor during training with M24 SWS.

[img]http://www.isayeret.com/weapons/assault/tavor/tar-oicw.jpg[/img]

Dummy in an IDF expo with IMI Tavor "OICW" model with heads up display. The dummy is wearing the camouflage helmet cover.

Link Posted: 5/2/2002 9:05:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

I swear that the girl on the right works at an Israeli resturant up the street from me! Seriously! I know that the girl up the street was in the Israeli sniper corp before she came to the US for school and work.

She doesn't talk much about it, but what I could get out of her was that she was certified on all three weapons shown in the first photo.

I might have to print this photo and ask her if that is her. Oh, BTW, her body matches her face!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top