Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2001 10:20:55 PM EDT
Looking to relocate azex to phx in the next couple months.

Need a place that is FFL friendly and zoned for walk-up traffic.

Help me, Obi-wan.

D. www.azexarms.com
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 10:21:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll most certainly be keeping my eyes open for you.
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 10:28:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 1:10:39 AM EDT
[#3]
I got a neighbor that's moving, and I could use an FFL in the neighborhood...hehe

I'm not sure of the zoning, but the other night I saw a little business complex in Gilbert on Gilbert Rd. just North of Warner on the West side of the street (just North of Lowe's a little bit).  Here's a link (just north of the Star a little):

[url]http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?BFCat=&Pyt=Tmap&newFL=Use+Address+Below&addr=gilbert+and+warner&csz=gilbert%2C+az&country=us&Get%A0Map=Get+Map[/url]

Anyway, they have a place in there that does walkup traffic and I think a sign there said $950/month, but I didn't get a good look, so I don't know if that was for leasing a spot or not.
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 1:18:31 PM EDT
[#4]
We're going to be down there on the 18th and 19th.

Kiltie, can you find out who we need to talk to about getting a bay?

D. www.azexarms.com
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 1:30:01 PM EDT
[#5]
D.
any particular side of town?
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 10:14:34 PM EDT
[#6]
east valley preferred, but I'm not married to any location.

Proper zoning and cheap is all I need.

D. www.azexarms.com
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 10:18:03 PM EDT
[#7]
What ever you do STAY OUT OF TEMPE!!!! sooo many rules and regs regaurding gun shops.         [sniper]    BTW: i have a Kimber and a SAR-1 that i need to get refinished. And as soon as i have the cash ill be contacting you.
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 11:49:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
What ever you do STAY OUT OF TEMPE!!!! sooo many rules and regs regaurding gun shops.
View Quote

True...Tempe does have different laws on the books regarding firearms.  Even a "no carry" law in downtown on weekends, which in theory goes against Arizona's preemption law, but nobody's gone up against it in court as far as I've heard.
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 11:04:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Tempe's story is thus:

MAMA (Mill Avenue Merchant's Association) is GOD in Tempe.

They convinced the City of Tempe (and their butt-cowboy mayor) to declare every Friday and Saturday night on Mill Ave. an EVENT. As an "Event", same as any business or company, the ARS allows the operators or managers/owners of an event/company/store etc... to prohibit the carry of firearms. Any store is within their rights to post a sign on the door that says "no guns allowed".

Since I'm all for private property rights I support this. I also do not do business at stores where I see this sign.

Tempe merely used the language of the Law to prohibit firearms carry. Sneaky, but not Illegal. I, of course, do ZERO business on Mill in Tempe and wouldn't relocate AZEX to Tempe if they gave me commercial space for free.

D.

www.azexarms.com
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top