Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 4/1/2006 7:33:25 PM EDT

www.airliners.net/open.file?id=1025605&size=L&width=1000&height=685&sok=&photo_nr=&prev_id=&next_id=

that a photoshop or the real deal? Looks like the real deal, but DAYUM
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:41:02 PM EDT
if the plane was really flying, wouldn't we see image distortion towards the aft of the plane because of the heat coming out of the jets?
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:43:17 PM EDT
i think they just photochopped the gear out from under a taxiing jet, though they did a good job at it
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:43:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/1/2006 7:43:42 PM EDT by ByteTheBullet]
The background would be motion blurred. They could have done that in PS too.

ByteTheBullet (-:
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:45:35 PM EDT
Photoshop. You can see under neath where some of the seems in the concrete are blurred and some aren't.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:54:03 PM EDT
It has been chopped and did a really good job. I don't think I could do it that good.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:04:46 PM EDT
Photoshop...a little work with the cloning brush.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:13:32 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ByteTheBullet:

ByteTheBullet (-:

Not if you used a fast enough shutter speed, But Yeah its PS
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:15:53 PM EDT

Thanx guys.. I was wondering.. I thought maybe it could be real with a very high speed shutter. The people that post over on airliners.net are pretty anal about stuff like that. I thought it could have been real, but that's cutting it pretty gd close...
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:15:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/1/2006 8:40:58 PM EDT by JustinOK34]

Originally Posted By ByteTheBullet:

ByteTheBullet (-:

If they used a very quick shutter speed, perhaps it could be real. But there would have to be some sort of exhaust distortion. However, if they photoshopped the jet while taxiing, he'd be sucking up fod right now.

I'm leaning towards PS myself though. ETA: The_Alchemist is right, Airliners.net has some pretty strict requirements when it comes to what they host. They would've called BS if it was a BS pic.

Here's two pics I took of some F-15Cs from the 12th FS at Elmendorf AFB at Arctic Thunder 2004. No ground blur. These weren't with a dig cam, and my scan fu is weak.

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:26:55 PM EDT
Just before the belly-landing? Probably scared out of the sky by the mighty F-22.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:31:53 PM EDT
If it got on to airliners.net it's probably real.

I have a number of photos on airliners.net and I can tell you they are absolute bitches when it comes to their screening process and will catch any minor flaw in the photo and reject it, not to mention a big photoshop job. Just my $0.02.

Brian
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 8:43:14 PM EDT
That pilot must have trouble walking with that pair of bowling balls stuck between his legs. There are some great shots over at Airliners.net of other amazing low passes. As low as some of those guys are it would be hard to pull up without dragging the tail.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:12:23 PM EDT

The problem with the exhaust distortion and this picture is that there isn't enough of an exhaust field to examine... it's possible that the plane is cookin along at a few hundred knots and the pic is taken with a high speed shutter.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:18:33 PM EDT
Looks like a very good chop to me. Refueling probe extended? Uh, why? The original of the jet was probably snapped by a wingman during in flight refueling testing/practice. Look at the very tip of the tail of the jet, it looks chopped, and the exhaust plume would distort the perfectly straight white stripe behind the jet.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:28:27 PM EDT
It seems odd that they would be that close to the tarmac, if they were flying. Obviously, there are smarter men than I to observe that, but I think they would be a bit farther from the tarmac to be doing high speed runs of the low altitude nature...
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:44:52 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Patriot328:
www.airliners.net/open.file?id=1025605&size=L&width=1000&height=685&sok=&photo_nr=&prev_id=&next_id=

photos.airliners.net/photos/photos/5/0/6/1025605.jpg

that a photoshop or the real deal? Looks like the real deal, but DAYUM

Look where the exhaust should be blowing hard, the image does not blur where a lot of hot gas and flame should be flying. Someone chooped the wheels out. It must be noted these things have a reputation of plowing up airfields, so thier maybe a miniscule chance it is real.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:53:25 PM EDT
What's that little bit of sky blue stuff near the "beaver tail" between the engines?
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 11:01:50 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Spade:
What's that little bit of sky blue stuff near the "beaver tail" between the engines?

Sky the photoshoppper forgot to erase...
Top Top