Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2005 1:33:14 AM EDT
Photographer Shot at Britney Spears' Home

Aug 7, 1:34 AM (ET)

MALIBU, Calif. (AP) - A photographer was shot in the leg with a pellet gun outside Britney Spears' home Saturday evening, authorities said.

It was unclear who fired the plastic pellet as the photographer was staking out an event at the pop singer's Malibu home, Sheriff's Department Lt. Steve Smith said. He said firefighters bandaged the man's leg and he went to a hospital.

"It could've been somebody driving by, walking by, we have no idea where it came from," Smith said.

The photographer, identified as Brad Diaz, was about 200 yards from the home and outside Spears' long driveway when he was hit, Smith said.

A message left with Spears' publicist was not immediately returned Saturday night.

What a Pussy.......Left Coast Puss Alert
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 1:43:16 AM EDT
[#1]
He probably shot himself with a pellet gun so he can sue.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 1:46:23 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

No I am guessing trailer trash hubby was simply protecting his trailer queen.

The guy seems like a dirt bag so I wouldn't put it past him.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 1:47:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Beware the Airsoft Mall Ninja!!!

CW
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 1:54:53 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I don't know who your talking about, but if he did it it wouldn't make him a dirt bag.  It would make him a guy that wants some privacy.  
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 1:55:33 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted: No I am guessing trailer trash hubby was simply protecting his trailer queen. The guy seems like a dirt bag so I wouldn't put it past him.
I heard that Britney's husband knocked up another girl before and has to send child support from his allowance! He's a real catch, eh?
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 1:58:07 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't know who your talking about, but if he did it it wouldn't make him a dirt bag.  It would make him a guy that wants some privacy.  

Um the guys is trash if he did it or not. He is worthless piece of shit on societies shoe. Just a hard place to scrap.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 1:59:17 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted: No I am guessing trailer trash hubby was simply protecting his trailer queen. The guy seems like a dirt bag so I wouldn't put it past him.
I heard that Britney's husband knocked up another girl before and has to send child support from his allowance! He's a real catch, eh?

He knocked her up than while dating her while she was carrying her kid got involved with britney than dumped her. Also he missed his own kids birthdays.

Real good guy
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 2:13:49 AM EDT
[#8]

He knocked her up than while dating her while she was carrying her kid got involved with britney than dumped her. Also he missed his own kids birthdays. Real good guy
Wow! Britney is stupid and/or just wants a dumbnut for a husband to play with and keep on a tight leash. Britney probably caught an STD from that loser by now! Ah, the glamourous women in the entertainment biz.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 4:36:56 AM EDT
[#9]

firefighters bandaged the man's leg and he went to a hospital.

Who said Airsoft isn't an effective manstopper?
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 4:41:56 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No I am guessing trailer trash hubby was simply protecting his trailer queen.

Thats what they usually marry........... It keeps them in the spot light when they beat the shit out of 'em..........  

"Hey brittney is in the news again, her husband beat the stew out of her, I'm gonna go out and buy her new album that comes out tuesday"
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 4:47:28 AM EDT
[#11]
airsoft
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 4:51:57 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

firefighters bandaged the man's leg and he went to a hospital.

Who said Airsoft isn't an effective manstopper?

the neghbor kids would play around my house and alley with their airsofts, so I went and got a CO2 one to shoot them and tell them to get off  my property, etc.  It would shoot through carpeting and aluminum cans from across the backyard...I returned it though since it was an unreliable POS.  Supposedly even if you are in your own house, backyard, etc you cannot fire a pellet, airsoft, paintball, or real gun inside the city limits - That is a fucked up law!
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 4:52:30 AM EDT
[#13]
I guess they'll ban assult bb guns now.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:12:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Funny one of the Sa nite newscast(KABC ch7-Los Angeles) gave the impression that he was shot with a firearm, rather than a BB gun. It was not until the end of the story that the newscaster said "pellet gun."
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:14:45 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If he wanted some privacy , he shouldn't have married her....

Fame has its price.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:34:18 AM EDT
[#16]
I do like how they sensationalizie it...

Headline "Photographer Shot at Britney Spears' Home", giving the impression of a firearm.

Then later,  "was shot in the leg with a pellet gun", giving the perception of an air rifle.

Then finally, they accidently stumble upon the truth: "It was unclear who fired the plastic pellet".  Big deal.  Airsoft.  I bet the guy wouldn't have gotten bandaged up if it wasn't outside a celeb's house.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:28:00 AM EDT
[#17]
I for one an glad the little bastard got shot.  
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:33:38 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I for one an glad the little bastard got shot.  

Agreed, The nosey bastard deserved it
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:36:47 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:42:44 AM EDT
[#20]
i cant believe the asshat needed the fire dept to apply a bandage.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:07:27 AM EDT
[#21]
Jeez, can we pleez reserve the term "shot" to go with "firearms" and NOT PLASTIC TOYS!!!

anything for a headline, I have absolutely NO faith in the press anymore.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:13:36 AM EDT
[#22]
they should just move to england where airsoft is illegal but mad mullahs arent.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:32:08 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

CW

You don't need to get a bandage, let alone go to a hospital when hit by a gay airsoft toy
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:41:48 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
staratari.home.comcast.net/airsoft2.gif

If someone was staking out my house, I'd be inclined to make sure their windows were so coated with paint from my paintball gun that they wouldnt get a good picture.

Kharn
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:10:57 AM EDT
[#25]
"So there I was, doing my security detail for Britney, and I hear a noise in the bushes outside the house.  I use my thermal imaging scope and find there's a suspicious person hiding.  I position myself for a clear line of sight...  and I DRAW DOWN!    Got the bastard!!!"

- Some Cali ARFCOM member...
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:29:11 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

CW

You don't need to get a bandage, let alone go to a hospital when hit by a gay airsoft toy

But if you want to sell your story to a tabloid, it helps.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 10:35:54 AM EDT
[#27]
Maybe airsoft snipers have a purpose after all.... asshat paparazzi got what he deserved.   Only thing better would be the tear gas rounds for paintball guns.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 11:06:26 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

CW

But if you want to sell your story to a tabloid, it helps.

Oh, OK I got it
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 11:11:58 AM EDT
[#29]
my buddy caddies for mr spears on a semi regular basis.

his main duty is to chase off paparazzi.

i advised him to get a paint ball gun.

looks like i need to give my boy a call.......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top