Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/28/2018 11:39:50 AM EDT
First I'm not a photoshop user. I have an old version I use to make rudimentary adjustments.

What I want to do is far beyond my abilities.

I took this picture the other day. What I would like is the following.

Lighten up and bring out the pine trees on the left. Then the hill across the lake was in very bright colors. But they didn't come out in the pic. So bring out the vibrant colors.

This is a JPG of the photo. I shot it with a Nikon 3100 and have the raw file if needed.

So can any one give this old man a hand with post processing?

Thanks

Link Posted: 10/28/2018 11:41:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 11:47:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the help.

The file is on it's way.

Steve
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 1:35:52 AM EDT
[#3]
you really need to bracket a shot like that to build a multi variable contrast composite
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 9:13:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
you really need to bracket a shot like that to build a multi variable contrast composite
View Quote
Or just shoot raw and expose to the right.

Everything else can be done in LR/PS.

ETA, just don't clip the highlights.

Shadow & The Flowerpot OOC by FredMan, on Flickr

Shadow & The Flowerpot by FredMan, on Flickr

Minor clipping:
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 9:18:49 AM EDT
[#5]
I was amazed that someone hadn't put Lootie into the pic by now, then realized this isn't GD.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top