Link Posted: 4/4/2002 9:23:49 PM EDT
[#3]
See you all there
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 8:00:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Is this one THE BIG ONE?
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 9:09:17 AM EDT
[#5]
I'll be there in spirit.  Someone buy a nice preban for me.

Meanwhile, there is a dinky little gun show here I will be hitting without much optimism, but ya never can tell.
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 11:13:25 PM EDT
[#6]
BTT reminder
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 9:43:10 AM EDT
[#7]
I won't have the extra funds that I thought I was gonna' have, so maybe not. Altough, I may go Sunday just to "look".

Any one local interested in a unopened case of .223 (Wolf..shhh) I bought it, then decided against using it in my ARs
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 7:12:01 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm waiting for my friend to get here now! "damn man, I'm goin' thats all there is to it, I'm goin'"
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 4:02:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Just got back. Where do I start? Almost all of the sellers I spoke with said that attendance was down. I saw a lot of poeple carrying weapons IN to sell.Not alot of buyers buying from the vendors. Prices were WAY out of line! I did see kind of a good deal on some beat up USGI 30's, the man had 16 of them and wanted $17 each. I passed on them. All in all it was a fun time looking at all the cool stuff. But pre-ban AR's going for $1800 - $2500? Jeez! Refabed AK's for $450, you could still smell the lacquer on them. Ammo prices were ok. Switchblades (thousands of them) were really heavy on the pricing. Hot dogs $3, bla,bla,bla.....
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 4:29:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Nine bucks to get in.. WTF, over? I haven't been to a crossroads show in a while..(Used to be four dollars..)

Anyhow, it was smaller than what I remembered, and the attendance on Sunday morning did seem light..I did see a lot of things that made me wish I'd brought more cash, ( at least two dealers with nice selections of old micrometer sights, some interesting militaria, and parts offered..) but I managed to get what I needed, and head out..

There were a large number of jerkey dealers, "stuff" tables, and amazingly one candle vendor there..
The numbers of attendees selling was higher than I remember, but the number of gunshow commandos was lower.. Only saw one person in what must have been full web gear, BDU's, and the Fritz, toting some AR about..

Overall? a B-..

Meplat-
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 4:31:53 PM EDT
[#11]
I have not been to a gun show in over 5 years.
And i did not go to this one.
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 11:34:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top